Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

On 1/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , that sounds reasonable to me. I'd say an average underworld check would tell you where to start looking for an underworld contact. @Jonas Shaaf can provide an assist with his local knowledge if he wants.

Knowledge underworld : 4eA+1eB+2eD 1 success
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png a--.png b--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Barely made that one... I got lucky (that i wasn't more unlucky)

@Rabobankrider do you want to narrate our first contact with the black market on Gorse.

16 hours ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

I love it. Thank you for the picture.

Put it in your character sheet.

For the people on Drall, failures add a setback dice to future checks in the snow. I'd say the advantage can mean you've made good time with your walk.

Here is Kark's check: Kark Resilience Check : 2eA+3eD+1eS 2 failures
a-a.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-f.png s--.png .

To find the location of the base it is a hard survival with 1 setback (not including resilience fails), @TheShard get's a boost on this.

Quick reminder guys (in particular @Tramp Graphics and @EliasWindrider ), every time you guys use your force powers or flash a lightsaber in public, you are attracting a lot of unwanted attention to you and the party. The First Order has spies everywhere and they are definitively carrying on the tradition of force sensitive slaughter, so you may want to watch that (especially since I found stats for force sensitive tracking hounds, very excited about that).

Also I would ask in general that 'master' characters try to take a back burner when in groups with 'apprentice' characters' so they can have the chance to shine. Otherwise the starting characters may as well be npc's.

15 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

For the people on Drall, failures add a setback dice to future checks in the snow. I'd say the advantage can mean you've made good time with your walk.

To find the location of the base it is a hard survival with 1 setback (not including resilience fails), @TheShard get's a boost on this.

Quick reminder guys (in particular @Tramp Graphics and @EliasWindrider ), every time you guys use your force powers or flash a lightsaber in public, you are attracting a lot of unwanted attention to you and the party. The First Order has spies everywhere and they are definitively carrying on the tradition of force sensitive slaughter, so you may want to watch that (especially since I found stats for force sensitive tracking hounds, very excited about that).

Also I would ask in general that 'master' characters try to take a back burner when in groups with 'apprentice' characters' so they can have the chance to shine. Otherwise the starting characters may as well be npc's.

Here’s the navigation roll.:

Survival (Navigation) : 2eA+1eP+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat
a-a.png a-s-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png

Studious Plotting allows me to use Intellect for the Survival roll, and Planet Mapper removes that Setback, and cuts the time for the Navigation in half. Unfortunately, we’re out of Light Side Destiny Points,or I’d have used Holistic Navigation to remove those three Threat. Have fun with them.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

I apologize to anyone on Gorse who may feel that Elias has been taking up too much of the spotlight, it's just that I don't want to sit and do nothing until the group on Drall shows up on Gorse and no one else on Gorse seemed inclined to proactively move the narrative/story along.

Regarding the flashy show of force powers, Elias comes from a primitive culture without identification documents and his people have a "show me" that what you're saying is true approach to establishing identity/capability, and I have been roleplaying that. But if any of the other players find it annoying let me know and I will try to dial it back. Regarding first order spies noticing Elias demonstrating he was a jedi, it was being done in the privacy of a hanger bay with a closed door, rather than in public.

The displaying of the lightsaber was to show Jar Q'aheqac what a lightsaber was (because the out of his element jawa probably didn't know) so that the character could would understand Elias' offer to teach him to build a training saber. I was figuring on a using a lightsaber basics lesson if there was time after selling the ship and shopping for materials/ constructing a training saber lesson.

My plan was Akua and Elias to demonstrate and Chemdat, Jar Q'aheqac, and tino if interested to spar against each other with training sabers so that Elias and Akua wouldn't over shadow the starting characters during the saber lesson.

@Jonas Shaaf

If Arvel wants to take point on selling the first order shuttle negotiations backed up by Akua and myself for an upgrade and boost, it would make a lot of narrative sense because of Arvel's "home court advantage" on Gorse.

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

If Arvel wants to take point on selling the first order shuttle negotiations backed up by Akua and myself for an upgrade and boost, it would make a lot of narrative sense because of Arvel's "home court advantage" on Gorse.

Arvel is not the sort of guy who wants to deal with smugglers. In face, he'll probably avoid being there during the transaction, if at all possible.

Overtime is killing me. Will catch up shortly and post.

@EliasWindrider , fair point, but do remember that most spaceports and hangers probably have security cameras etc.

I will narrate the intro to the market area closer to the completion of the encounter on Drall to try and keep things moving more in line for my own organisation. Hopefully that isn't far away now.

@Tramp Graphics , you would find a large gash in the side of one of the glaciers near the edge of the field that looks like it could lead to a secret entrance. However with the setback you would find the entrance blocked by what looks like a landslide or explosion. Rocks and snow almost entirely cover a large metal door you can just make out set in the ice. It can be cleared, but it is going to take time and effort. You can narrate your discovery of the entrance to the others when you're ready.

Edited by Rabobankrider
19 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , fair point, but do remember that most spaceports and hangers probably have security cameras etc.

I will narrate the intro to the market area closer to the completion of the encounter on Drall to try and keep things moving more in line for my own organisation. Hopefully that isn't far away now.

@Tramp Graphics , you would find a large gash in the side of one of the glaciers near the edge of the field that looks like it could lead to a secret entrance. However with the setback you would find the entrance blocked by what looks like a landslide or explosion. Rocks and snow almost entirely cover a large metal door you can just make out set in the ice. It can be cleared, but it is going to take time and effort. You can narrate your discovery of the entrance to the others when you're ready.

What's the silhouette on the rubble pile?

The pile is roughly silhouette 4. Big ol' avalanche.

Also very quickly, for anyone interested, I am looking to start a new pbp, and I'm looking for opinions on the setting/members to take part:

20 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

The pile is roughly silhouette 4. Big ol' avalanche.

Also very quickly, for anyone interested, I am looking to start a new pbp, and I'm looking for opinions on the setting/members to take part:

No problem 😁 :

Move (Rubble Pile : 4eF 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png

I use 1 LSP to activate Move, and two more to activate my Strength Upgrades twice. That'll allow me to lift up to Sil 4.

Resilience : 2eA+2eP+1eB+5eF+1eS+3eD 1 failure, 4 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png b-a.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png s-f.png d-th.png d--.png d-f-th.png

I'll use the light side to succeed.

@SithArissa , I will be getting things moving again with Arissa and Reesh soon, don't worry! :)

@Stormbourne , I would ask that you try to avoid running ahead of what I'm writing. You don't know what's in the doorway, or what would 'crash'. Please wait until I've actually narrated the setting in the future.

4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , I would ask that you try to avoid running ahead of what I'm writing. You don't know what's in the doorway, or what would 'crash'. Please wait until I've actually narrated the setting in the future.

Sorry will do

Hey  everyone! I’m planning on starting my own pbp here, and would like to see if anyone is interested/has advice/thoughts on this pbp idea. Hope everyone can help

Hey @TheShard , present for you:

wubna_by_tramp_graphics-dcxbp5e.jpg

Awesome!

@Rabobankrider loot the corpse. food, credits, interesting nick nacks in that order

10 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

@Rabobankrider loot the corpse. food, credits, interesting nick nacks in that order

Given that it's been there for well over 30 years , you're not likely to find anything useful or of value.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

Given that it's been there for well over 30 years , you're not likely to find anything useful or of value.

food can last that long with preparation, credits are just gonna sit there unless looted by other before me unlikely due to the snow in, a nick nacks.....depends on the nick nack as to whether it's useful

2 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

loot the   corps  e

This is Star Wars... Not Dungeons and Dragons! ;)

@Stormbourne , the food after this amount of time would have gone bad, no credits or nick knacks (stormtroopers do not usually carry personal possessions). The armour on the corpse is busted thanks to the attack, and the mans rifle was cut in half. You would find a combat knife though.

33 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , the food after this amount of time would have gone bad, no credits or nick knacks (stormtroopers do not usually carry personal possessions). The armour on the corpse is busted thanks to the attack, and the mans rifle was cut in half. You would find a combat knife though.

Precisely. About the only type of foodstuffs that would have survived that long would be dry granulated sugar or honey , neither of which spoil or rot.

Lol I hope I’m right. I never really thought about this kinda stuff bfr XDDD like being a smuggler and thinking abt wat to do wif a fo ship lol.