Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

6 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And, if I were the head of any such organization, I wouldn’t touch that ship with a ten kilometer pole. It’s too hot. You asked for our opinions. Mine is hack the computer for any viable Intelligence then scuttle the ship. That’s my recommendation. Take it or leave it.

Like I said you're wasteful and not motivated by profit like the head of any such organization.

I'm beginning to wonder if this kind of things is too vague for seek (I am guilty of this as well in previous stuff). I think you need to know specifically who/what you're looking for. Not necessarily have met them, but I think you need at least some info on them. Not sure what the other GM's think on this but this is the feeling I'm getting reading the forum stuff.

33 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'm beginning to wonder if this kind of things is too vague for seek (I am guilty of this as well in previous stuff). I think you need to know specifically who/what you're looking for. Not necessarily have met them, but I think you need at least some info on them. Not sure what the other GM's think on this but this is the feeling I'm getting reading the forum stuff.

What are the rules for finding the black market by traditional means... is it streetwise knowledge underworld or negotiation? Could I make a knowledge underworld check to learn the name of such a person by smoozing at cantina's in a shady part of the city and then use seek to find them?

The question I'd be asking initially is what is the name of a broker or ship fence with connections to an established smuggling organization who would like to circumvent being stopped by the first order.

@Rabobankrider

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

What are the rules for finding the black market by traditional means... is it streetwise knowledge underworld or negotiation? Could I make a knowledge underworld check to learn the name of such a person by smoozing at cantina's in a shady part of the city and then use seek to find them?

The question I'd be asking initially is what is the name of a broker or ship fence with connections to an established smuggling organization who would like to circumvent being stopped by the first order.

@Rabobankrider

Finding the local black market, I.e. being relatively familiar with the local underworld and its criminal activities, and understanding the particular illegal activities in a given location should probably be Knowledge (Underworld) , whereas looking for a particular dealer, or engaging in an illegal deal would be Streetwise .

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Finding the local black market, I.e. being relatively familiar with the local underworld and its criminal activities, and understanding the particular illegal activities in a given location should probably be Knowledge (Underworld) , whereas looking for a particular dealer, or engaging in an illegal deal would be Streetwise .

@Rabobankrider do you concur, what would be the difficulty of a check to knowledge underworld check to smooze the name of an appropriate person out of someone at a seedy cantina? Seek can find the person once I know their name.

@EliasWindrider , that sounds reasonable to me. I'd say an average underworld check would tell you where to start looking for an underworld contact. @Jonas Shaaf can provide an assist with his local knowledge if he wants.

@SithArissa , @Tramp Graphics , @TheShard , @Jonas Shaaf and @Stormbourne , I am going to have to push for a final decision and ic post regarding Drall. I cannot progress the rest of this till we get past this.

i vote for walk

That's what I thought we'd do, but I don't know how far we are headed. I'm happy to take the birds.

Walk.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , ok, you can do that at some point. Unfortunately you do not sense a resistance contact on the planet, most likely because until recently it was under the command of the republic.

@Lotr_Nerd , welcome back. I am going to retcon this so that your Jawa dd in fact leave with Tino and is currently on the ship. I'm afraid that your master will now have to be met on Mandalore at this point.

@Tramp Graphics , @TheShard , @SithArissa , @Jonas Shaaf and @Stormbourne , when you guys know how you want to get out into the wilds to search for @Jonas Shaaf 's mate, throw a post up for it (as GM Kark is taking a back seat).

That is fine with me and I understand completely. Also what planet is my smuggler going to be introduced and I will wait until my Jawa is called out from hiding before answering in the IC.

Edited by Lotr_Nerd
25 minutes ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

That is fine with me and I understand completely. Also what planet is my smuggler going to be introduced and I will wait until my Jawa is called out from hiding before answering in the IC.

Mandalore. 😜

Edited by Tramp Graphics
54 minutes ago, Lotr_Nerd said:

@player3333902 should be cued into this, because he's the one who will have to find your jawa.

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , that sounds reasonable to me. I'd say an average underworld check would tell you where to start looking for an underworld contact. @Jonas Shaaf can provide an assist with his local knowledge if he wants.

@Jonas Shaaf is Arvel willing to pass Elias a boost to find the shady side of town so we can sell the first order shuttle to a smuggling operation, another smuggling crew who can get past first order blockade only helps the Resistance and hurts the first order.

Hey, @Lotr_Nerd , present for you:

jornek_accendere_by_tramp_graphics-dcwnk

Edited by Tramp Graphics
54 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

hello would you mind looking the other way while i rob you?

Ok, so the general consensus seems to be to walk. If someone wants to put that up in their next ic post we can get going. If you are walking it will start with a hard resilience with 3 setback (minus 2 if you have the furs). I am going to streamline the journey to try and save time, so this will be the only resilience check of the journey.

7 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, so the general consensus seems to be to walk. If someone wants to put that up in their next ic post we can get going. If you are walking it will start with a hard resilience with 3 setback (minus 2 if you have the furs). I am going to streamline the journey to try and save time, so this will be the only resilience check of the journey.

Resilience : 2eP+3eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png d--.png s--.png

I spend the Advantage to reduce the difficulty of future Resilience checks for everyone by one (F&D page 126).

That page says future checks, not this check.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

That page says future checks, not this check.

I know. That's what I'm providing it for. Future checks. 😎

What's the Survival check difficulty to navigate to the hidden temple we're heading to?

Ah my bad, it's pretty late here. That will depend on the other results of the resilience checks.

This is gonna be bad........

Resilience : 2eA+3eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage

a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png s--.png

But could have been worse.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf is Arvel willing to pass Elias a boost to find the shady side of town so we can sell the first order shuttle to a smuggling operation, another smuggling crew who can get past first order blockade only helps the Resistance and hurts the first order.

Yes. See IC.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

f you are walking it will start with a hard resilience with 3 setback (minus 2 if you have the furs).

Surviving the Walk : 4eA+3eD+1eS+6eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 3 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-f.png s--.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Those LSPs can get me to 4 Advantage if it matters...

Well bugger

Snow walk : 2eA+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-f.png d--.png s--.png

seems i spent to much time playing in the snow while on the way

Edited by Stormbourne
On 1/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

I love it. Thank you for the picture.