Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Korath is going to try and find our wayward companions, Avalon and Xanth.

Seek : 3eP+4eF+1eD+2eC 1 threat, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png d-f-th.png c-f-f.png c-f.png

11 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

p-s.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png d-f-th.png c-f-f.png c-f.png

how the smeg does that work?

3 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

how the smeg does that work?

Good question. I'll let @Rabobankrider figure it out.

34 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Good question. I'll let @Rabobankrider figure it out.

you stub your toe causeing you to fall into a convienience store selling warm clothes and band aids

16 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

He is free to rule differently on a case by case basis, but the @Rabobankrider has been consistently playing it is that if you fail the opposed discipline check then it doesn't work... as in you don't find them. But the stubbing your toe and falling into the convenience store sounds like a really good use of the threat and triumph to me (I'm not joking).

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

He is free to rule differently on a case by case basis, but the @Rabobankrider has been consistently playing it is that if you fail the opposed discipline check then it doesn't work... as in you don't find them. But the stubbing your toe and falling into the convenience store sounds like a really good use of the threat and triumph to me (I'm not joking).

Yes, I know. I don't expect hi m to change that either. However, since Korath hasn't actually gone anywhere, and simply used the Seek power, I'll let @Rabobankrider decide how to handle it.

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, I know. I don't expect hi m to change that either. However, since Korath hasn't actually gone anywhere, and simply used the Seek power, I'll let @Rabobankrider decide how to handle it.

Well he has said that he'd like people to come up with senarios that use support symbols (advantages, triumphs, threats, and dispairs) reasonably

My usual rule for vs force checks is that it either passes or fails, I don't usually do stuff with the advantage etc because the check is just to see if the power works.

Can I get someone in the main Dantooine part to do an average survival check please. @TheShard you get a boost for you visiting the area.

21 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

My usual rule for vs force checks is that it either passes or fails, I don't usually do stuff with the advantage etc because the check is just to see if the power works.

Can I get someone in the main Dantooine part to do an average survival check please. @TheShard you get a boost for you visiting the area.

No one is on Dantooine anymore, was Dantooine a typo? In any event here's the check

Dantooine??? Survival check : 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 success
a-s-a.png p--.png b-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Is the survival check to navigate or to deal with the cold?

If its to navigate im no help

Survival check : 2eA+1eB+2eD 3 failures, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png b-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

Ill spend an adv to pass a boost and the other for a bit of knowledge I can pass on to the party.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

4 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Is the survival check to navigate or to deal with the cold?

If its to navigate im no help

Survival check : 2eA+1eB+2eD 3 failures, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png b-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

Ill spend an adv to pass a boost and the other for a bit of knowledge I can pass on to the party.

I’d like to know as well. Korath has Studious Plotting , so if it’s for navigation, he can use Intellect for the Survival check.

It's not for navigation, it's knowledge of the environment you'll be heading into. And yeah, I meant Drall not Dantooine, my bad.

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

It's not for navigation, it's knowledge of the environment you'll be heading into. And yeah, I meant Drall not Dantooine, my bad.

Survival : 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
a-a.png p-tr.png d-th.png d-th.png

Not sure what to do with the Triumph. The rule book only has suggestions for spending them on animal handling and tracking, so I’m stumped. Suggestions would be welcome.

27 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Survival : 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
a-a.png p-tr.png d-th.png d-th.png

Not sure what to do with the Triumph. The rule book only has suggestions for spending them on animal handling and tracking, so I’m stumped. Suggestions would be welcome.

You got/made snowshoes so deep snow doesn't count as difficult terrain?

Survival : 1eP+3eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png a--.png d--.png d-f-f.png

best roll evar

survival : 2eA+2eD 1 success, 3 threat
a-s.png a-s.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

@Rabobankrider what would be the difficulty of the Resilience check for Chemdat to avoid getting mildly intoxicated, I figure Elias would stop him before he took 2 black dice but would let Chemdat drink enough to take 1 black die if Chemdat didn't self moderate/couldn't hold his liquor.

Elias is going to look into the future which I figured might be and opposed roll so I rolled against Reesh because he had the highest Discipline on the 3 newcomers.

Forsee vs. future encounter with Reesh/Arissa/Tino : 2eA+3eP+1eD+3eC+4eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a--.png a--.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png d-f.png c-f-th.png c--.png c--.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Usually I'd be all for a side thing during a session, but I can't move Gorse too far till everyone else is there, so I'm going to ask that we don't get too sidetracked with snowballs etc.

@TheShard , you would know that there can be rapid changes in weather up here, going from clear sky to storms in a very short amount of time.

@Jonas Shaaf You could take a boost or something if you want to find the entrance to your friends hideout when you guys are out looking for it.

@Stormbourne , Avalon wasn't in the conversation so you don't need to roll at this point.

@Tramp Graphics if you want you can use the triumph to get through the terrain you're heading into easier as suggested if you want, could be handy in this case. With the success you would know that you're going to struggle to get the ship out onto the glacial region thanks to dangerous terrain for landing.

@EliasWindrider , average resilience should probably do it to see if he can avoid getting drunk.

You would see your group in a base you don't recognise, and you all seem to have squared off against a pale twi'lek and a gand. You're not sure why or who they are, but most people have reached for their weapons.

12 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Usually I'd be all for a side thing during a session, but I can't move Gorse too far till everyone else is there, so I'm going to ask that we don't get too sidetracked with snowballs etc.

@TheShard , you would know that there can be rapid changes in weather up here, going from clear sky to storms in a very short amount of time.

@Jonas Shaaf You could take a boost or something if you want to find the entrance to your friends hideout when you guys are out looking for it.

@Stormbourne , Avalon wasn't in the conversation so you don't need to roll at this point.

@Tramp Graphics if you want you can use the triumph to get through the terrain you're heading into easier as suggested if you want, could be handy in this case. With the success you would know that you're going to struggle to get the ship out onto the glacial region thanks to dangerous terrain for landing.

@EliasWindrider , average resilience should probably do it to see if he can avoid getting drunk.

You would see your group in a base you don't recognise, and you all seem to have squared off against a pale twi'lek and a gand. You're not sure why or who they are, but most people have reached for their weapons.

With the Swift talent, the terrain won’t be a problem for Korath anyway, though we could apply the Triumph to help the rest get through more easily. Either way, we’re going to need some cold weather gear, so that should be our next stop.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Not quite following what I should be rolling. I don't see a lot of advantage lying around. Jonas would love to find the hideout, though.

8 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Chemdat passed the resilience check with flying colors

Resilience to avoid getting mildly drunk : 3eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png

Elias is going to use seek to try to keep tabs on the pale twi'lek (unsuccessfully) and gand (hugely successfully) so they can't ambush us (Akua, Arvel, Chemdat, Elias, Excal'ur) and so we can avoid them until a situation where the odds are stacked in our favor.

Seek to keep tabs on the pale twi'lek : 2eA+3eP+2eD+1eC+4eF 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png p-s.png p--.png p-s-s.png d-f.png d-f-f.png c-f-f.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

Seek to keep tabs on the gand : 2eA+3eP+1eD+3eC+4eF 4 successes, 5 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png d-th-th.png c-f.png c-th.png c-th.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

off topic:

why do doctors never go to the bar in pairs?

cause they never like saying "two more"

6 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

off topic:

why do doctors never go to the bar in pairs?

cause they never like saying "two more"

I don't get it

38 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I don't get it

“Two more”/ tumor .