Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

9 hours ago, player3333902 said:

: 3eB 1 success, 2 advantage
b-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png

Ok, so total wld be... 1 success and 1 advantage?

You also need to make a

1eA+2eP+3eB+3eD stealth check (getting 2 of the 3 boosts from chemdat)

@Tramp Graphics , hard charm with 2 setback and a boost.

@Stormbourne , @EliasWindrider and @player3333902 , you guys are able to sneak into the village, you guys can post your ic if you want and in my next post I'll do a description for you. The discipline checks will come up soon :)

6 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , hard charm with 2 setback and a boost.

@Stormbourne , @EliasWindrider and @player3333902 , you guys are able to sneak into the village, you guys can post your ic if you want and in my next post I'll do a description for you. The discipline checks will come up soon :)

Charm : 3eA+1eB+4eF+3eD+2eS 1 failure, 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a--.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f.png s-th.png s-f.png

Using Influence to "enhance" the Charm skill. I use the 2 of the LSPs to add Successes, making it 1 net Success , and the last LSP for an Advantage to affect the crowd as well.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Some of you keep on telling me not to tell others how to play their characters. well, that goes both ways . I'm playing Korath as a character , who is strict and disciplined , and expects discipline from others, particularly his students. That is who and what he is .

Please take what follows as an explanation of the social dynamics at play here that you seem to be oblivious to not an argument or accusation

"That goes both ways" is a misleading over simplification.

Other players are telling the player @Tramp Graphics not to tell other PLAYERS how to run their CHARACTERS. The focus here is on the behavior of @Tramp Graphics the player not that of Korath the character. So we aren't criticizing how you're playing Korath's we're criticizing your behavior as a player. That's WHY your "that goes both ways" comment is a misleading over simplification. We are making the distinction between Korath and @Tramp Graphics , you appear to only make that distinction when you think it is advantageous to you and Korath.

To clarify, "good roleplaying" of a jerk character does not excuse a PLAYER from behaving like a jerk out of character. Now it is possible to roleplay an abrasive character like Korath without the player appearing to be a a jerk to the other players but only if he/she makes an extreme effort not to be offensive in out of character communication. Unfortunately you've been doing pretty the exact opposite of what you needed to in out of character conversation.

If you want to keep playing Korath the way you are and not get criticized for how you are behaving as a player then you need to get a LOT more careful and diplomatic with what you say and how you say what you say in out of character communication. If you do that, then all of this player vs player conflict will go away. Otherwise it will continue to be a recurring issue.

Edited by EliasWindrider
Typo's grammatical errors

And, as I said, I’m not telling anyone how to play his or her character. I’m role playing Korath, and @Stormbourne is role playing Avalon, and we’re role playing an in character conflict of personalities , nothing more. And it’s one primarily being played for humor , much like the conflict between Qui-Gon Jinn and Jar Jar Binks , though Avalon is much smarter than Jar Jar.

Avalon is being played as an “undisciplined wild child”, and Korath, the “strict disciplinarian” trying to straighten the boy out. It’s purely an in character conflict, and both @Stormbourne and I are enjoying the interplay between the characters. There is no inter-player conflict, and neither is telling the other how to play his character.

The only thing I’ve asked out of character is one of curiosity regarding the boy willingly forgoing food being offered to him in favor of getting into trouble (and subject to disciplinary action from his teacher) by trying to steal from the kitchen, because it’s rather counterintuitive and counterproductive for the character . There’s nothing wrong with his choice of action, as a player , it’s just curious why Avalon would choose to do it.

So, once again, I’m not telling @Stormbourne how to play his character, and would appreciate it if you would stop telling me how to play Korath.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And, as I said, I’m not telling anyone how to play his or her character. I’m role playing Korath, and @Stormbourne is role playing Avalon, and we’re role playing an in character conflict of personalities , nothing more. And it’s one primarily being played for humor , much like the conflict between Qui-Gon Jinn and Jar Jar Binks , though Avalon is much smarter than Jar Jar.

Avalon is being played as an “undisciplined wild child”, and Korath, the “strict disciplinarian” trying to straighten the boy out. It’s purely an in character conflict, and both @Stormbourne and I are enjoying the interplay between the characters. There is no inter-player conflict, and neither is telling the other how to play his character.

The only thing I’ve asked out of character is one of curiosity regarding the boy willingly forgoing food being offered to him in favor of getting into trouble (and subject to disciplinary action from his teacher) by trying to steal from the kitchen, because it’s rather counterintuitive and counterproductive for the character . There’s nothing wrong with his choice of action, as a player , it’s just curious why Avalon would choose to do it.

So, once again, I’m not telling @Stormbourne how to play his character, and would appreciate it if you would stop telling me how to play Korath.

That is not the perception of everyone else here. If you want to change that perception you need to be a LOT more careful and diplomatic about what you say and HOW you say what you say out of character. This isn't an isolated incident involving only one other player it's been a recurring problem for the duration of this campaign. It is possible to play an abrasive character without the player also appearing to be a jerk, but it takes an extreme effort that you don't appear to have even attempted.

20 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

You also need to make a

1eA  +2eP+3e  B+3eD   stealth check (getting 2 of the 3 boosts from chemdat)

: 1eA+2eP+3eB+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png p-s-a.png p-s.png b-s-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png

Will change the 2 advantage into 2 boost for the next dantooine player.

Edited by player3333902

@Tramp Graphics

@EliasWindrider

So take it to the misc thread. I agree with Elias just watch your phrasing as it seems ooc your frustrated. Other than that just handle it in game.

sneaking away with the food : 1eA+1eP+3eD+2eS 2 successes, 3 threat
a-s-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f.png s-th.png s-th.png

im assuming that this means i got the food am detected and need to use the front exit

reminder i have dedicatred to sense

Edited by Stormbourne

@EliasWindrider , @player3333902 and @Stormbourne , I think I'm going to actually have you guys do a hard fear check for the carnage in front of you (I never remember to do fear checks so making the most of it). I think this one will use discipline as the base skill.

@Tramp Graphics to find @Stormbourne before he goes out the back door you can do a perception vs stealth with a boost from the disadvantage in the previous check.

@TheShard , average negotiation with a setback (the guys isn't a fan of poetry :p).

24 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , @player3333902 and @Stormbourne , I think I'm going to actually have you guys do a hard fear check for the carnage in front of you (I never remember to do fear checks so making the most of it). I think this one will use discipline as the base skill.

@Tramp Graphics to find @Stormbourne before he goes out the back door you can do a perception vs stealth with a boost from the disadvantage in the previous check.

@TheShard , average negotiation with a setback (the guys isn't a fan of poetry :p).

What do we need to do to sneak past him, get on the shuttle and fly away without a fight, is that even an option at this point?

34 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Perception (with Seek and Uncanny Senses) : 2eP+2eB+1eD+1eC 1 success
p--.png p-s-a.png b--.png b--.png d-th.png c--.png

Seek lets me upgrade his Perception Check once, and Uncanny Senses grants me an additional Boost per rank.

@Rabobankrider just weighing options for a diversion here what would it take to discreetly use move to raise a different scout/stormtrooper's arm AND use move to fling a rock at Matthis Karr to make it look like the puppeted scout/stormtrooper is using move to fling the rock at Matthis

Also what would excal'ur have to do to make us invisible so we could walk past Matthis

@Stormbourne , which door? Korath is blocking your way to the back door, so your only exit is the main door to the dining room.

15 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Stormbourne , which door? Korath is blocking your way to the back door, so your only exit is the main door to the dining room.

yes

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

yes

So, he's headed for the dining room then?

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

So, he's headed for the dining room then?

indeed fulfilling the vision

55 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

indeed fulfilling the vision

Which vision? ? The one Drez'n made was simply to find out what we were planning to order, and ordered for us before we got there, and to warn the kitchen staff to intercept you before you got into the kitchen.

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Which vision? ? The one Drez'n made was simply to find out what we were planning to order, and ordered for us before we got there, and to warn the kitchen staff to intercept you before you got into the kitchen.

Yes but is vision was of me running through the diner

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Yes but is vision was of me running through the diner

Yes, and the goal was to prevent Avalon from doing just that and causing a commotion . ? That's why he told the host to make sure someone intercepted you and hand Avalon a plate of food so he wouldn't cause trouble. ?

@Rabobankrider , might I suggest a resilience check with a load of Setback on Avalon if he’s running around outside in arctic conditions with basically jeans and a Tee shirt on? Unless this settlement is under a temperature controlled dome (which is common for Drall cities because of the excess UV radiation that gets through the atmosphere), it should be at least 20 below 0 F, if not colder.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
7 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Rabobankrider , might I suggest a resilience check with a load of Setback on Avalon if he’s running around outside in arctic conditions with basically jeans and a Tee shirt on? Unless this settlement is under a temperature controlled dome (which is common for Drall cities because of the excess UV radiation that gets through the atmosphere), it should be at least 20 below 0 F, if not colder.

Observation: regardless of the in game reasonableness of what you just said, suggesting that the gm apply penalties to another PC doing something you don't want him to do always seems a LOT like a passive aggressive way of trying to exert control over the other player's character.

@EliasWindrider , interesting idea! I'd say you can do that with one rank in magnitude, and the control for moving pistols from holsters etc. That should be enough to move an arm. Fair warning Elias would know he's putting the trooper at risk so he will probably get some conflict for it.

@Stormbourne could make you guys invisible with a vs discipline check (same difficulty as before) with 4 magnitude ranks.

If you just wanted to stealth at this immediate moment it'll be hard with three setback, but that's because he's expecting them to try to run for the shuttle.

@Tramp Graphics , it's more tundra than arctic (trees etc). Although it is cold it doesn't need a check without prolonged exposure.

@Rabobankrider

Here's initiative for Chemdat

Vigilance : 3eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png

And Elias

Vigilance : 3eA+2eP+3eB 3 successes, 6 advantage
a--.png a-a.png a-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s.png b-a.png b-a.png b-a.png

in case it becomes necessary. Man that was a crap roll for Elias.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , interesting idea! I'd say you can do that with one rank in magnitude, and the control for moving pistols from holsters etc. That should be enough to move an arm. Fair warning Elias would know he's putting the trooper at risk so he will probably get some conflict for it.

@Stormbourne could make you guys invisible with a vs discipline check (same difficulty as before) with 4 magnitude ranks.

If you just wanted to stealth at this immediate moment it'll be hard with three setback, but that's because he's expecting them to try to run for the shuttle.

@Tramp Graphics , it's more tundra than arctic (trees etc). Although it is cold it doesn't need a check without prolonged exposure.

The chances of excal'ur beating Karr at another opposed discipline check (i.e. vs. the sense roll you had us make indicated karr has 5 willpower and 2 ranks of discipline) again are slim to none, so that's out. Not looking to take more conflict at the moment... what would the conflict be if I also used move to have the trooper "force leap" over/behind a building to safety/cover, and how many pips would I need?

This should be enough for the basic, a magnitude, a strength, and 2 range so that could get the trooper out to extreme range, Elias would make it look like 2 force leaps in rapid succession if needed but the point would be to put him down gently by the speeder bikes so he could race away after he knows he's been framed as as force user who attacked Karr.

Use the Force : 4eF 5 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

So could you give me a difficulty and tell me what if any conflict I would incur by having him "force jump" to safety afterwards?

Edited by EliasWindrider