Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Is no one surprised i ordered for you or called you jedi?

1 hour ago, TheShard said:

Is no one surprised i ordered for you or called you jedi?

1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

Nope

Why would we? We're not exactly hiding it.

Oh, and @Stormbourne , Korath didn't yell that into Avalon's com link, since, according to his sheet, Avalon doesn't even have one. Korath yelled it directly into the kitchen, so that everyone in said kitchen knows he's in there, and so that Avalon can't help but hear him.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

Oh, and @Stormbourne , Korath didn't yell that into Avalon's com link, since, according to his sheet, he doesn't even have one. Korath yelled it directly into the kitchen, so that everyone in said kitchen knows he's in there, and so that Avalon can't help but hear him.

Um technically he does basic equipment like gas masks and commlinks are all supplied with out cost

6 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Um technically he does basic equipment like gas masks and commlinks are all supplied with out cost

Nope. they had to be bought . That's why, for I often suggested to the players with Jedi characters, to buy the Jedi Utility Belt. Everyone in the party bough all of their equipment. Incidentals, like basic clothing or a watch, are covered, but not Comlinks, rebreathers, etc. Those have actual equipment costs, encumbrances, etc. You have to buy them and mark them on your sheet. Everything on Rie's sheet is equipment Rei bought. What's not on that sheet, Rei doesn't have. Once Rei gets enough credits, Rei will be buying an Built in Comlink attachment for the armor. As of now, Rei does not have a comlink.

Regardless, everyone in the Kitchen knows Avalon's in there snooping around, so the gig is up.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Nope. they had to be bought . That's why, for I often suggested to the players with Jedi characters, to buy the Jedi Utility Belt. Everyone in the party bough all of their equipment. Incidentals, like basic clothing or a watch, are covered, but not Comlinks, rebreathers, etc. Those have actual equipment costs, encumbrances, etc. You have to buy them and mark them on your sheet. Everything on Rie's sheet is equipment Rei bought. What's not on that sheet, Rei doesn't have. Once Rei gets enough credits, Rei will be buying an Built in Comlink attachment for the armor. As of now, Rei does not have a comlink.

Regardless, everyone in the Kitchen knows Avalon's in there snooping around, so the gig is up.

commlinks and gas masks are part of the basic kit that all characters get for no additional cost.

anyway we have both broken @Rabobankrider rule of one post perperson per argument so we should let him decide now

1 minute ago, Stormbourne said:

commlinks and gas masks are part of the basic kit that all characters get for no additional cost.

anyway we have both broken @Rabobankrider rule of one post perperson per argument so we should let him decide now

Where do you get the idea that comlinks are part of the "basic kit" all characters get an no cost? There is no such rule in the game or this campaign. There is no "basic kit" that all characters get in any of the three SW games.

Besides, @Stormbourne , you're missing my point. Korath didn't use his Comlink to call Avalon . He yelled at him through the open door of the kitchen, so that everyone in thee, including Avalon could hear him.

9 hours ago, TheShard said:

Is no one surprised i ordered    for     you or called you jedi? 

Read the IC thread, dude. Jonas asked for an explaination...

Also, @Stormbourne , is Avalon so hung up on stealing that he’s deliberately passing up a breakfast that’s being willingly supplied for him in favor of theft? Korath did say that Avalon’s breakfast is on the table and getting cold.

24 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Also, @Stormbourne , is Avalon so hung up on stealing that he’s deliberately passing up a breakfast that’s being willingly supplied for him in favor of theft? Korath did say that Avalon’s breakfast is on the table and getting cold.

Sure we've had a discussion on telling someone how to play THEIR character before tramp.

31 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Sure we've had a discussion on telling someone how to play THEIR character before tramp.

I’m not telling him how to play the character. I’m just curious why Avalon would pass up food being offered to him in favor of stealing.

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I’m not telling him how to play the character. I’m just curious why Avalon would pass up food being offered to him in favor of stealing.

What your tone/phrasing was and what you're now saying what your actual intent was communicated two very different things. To both Arissa and myself it seemed very much like you were trying to control Korath's apprentice (i.e. Avalon). I recommend that you be more careful/clearer with your phrasing in the future so that you don't unintentionally drive any more players out of the game.

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

You'll find out what I'm planning to do soon enough

7 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

You'll find out what I'     m planning to do soon enough 

Dance off!

Just now, Jonas Shaaf said:

Dance off!

Too main stream

@Jonas Shaaf

I'm assuming I'd feel your connection to the force ?

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

@Jonas Shaaf

I'm assuming I'd feel your connection         to the forc  e   ?  

Isn't clear how the rules on that work.

You can simply have your PC tell mine that you used the force to forsee pur orders in order to start a conversation

2 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

Too main stream

Beer pong?

1 hour ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Beer pong?

too uni senior

3 hours ago, TheShard said:

@Jonas Shaaf

I'm assuming I'd feel your connection to the force ?

Not necessarily. You sensed Korath's because of his Mephite Crystal. It's strong attunement to its user causes it to give off a strong Force signature that is automatically sensed by anyone within range who is actively using the Sense power.

1 hour ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Isn't clear how the rules on that work.

You can simply have your PC tell mine that you used the force to forsee pur orders in order to start a conversation

That's a possibility.

12 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

You'll find out what I'm planning to do soon enough

Not if Korath catches up to him, which he will . Also, Korath calling into the kitchen wouldn't distract the workers. It would alert them to Avalon's presence , thus making his attempted thefts more difficult , not easier. There's also not that many places to hide in a restaurant kitchen. Thus, there is no way he can automatically succeed at grabbing a morsel and run without being caught.

Not only that, but he should realize that by not obeying Korath, and trying to duck back out the way he came, he's pretty much guaranteeing some long hours of scrubbing ahead of him. So he's not doing himself any favors. Also, how did Avalon manage to get through the back door in the first place? I know from first hand experience (my first job was as a dishwasher at Ponderosa Steak House ) that the back kitchen door to any restaurant is kept locked at all times for security reasons, opened only for deliveries or for the employees to take out the garage.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Not if Korath catches up to him, which he will . Also, Korath calling into the kitchen wouldn't distract the workers. It would alert them to Avalon's presence , thus making his attempted thefts more difficult , not easier. There's also not that many places to hide in a restaurant kitchen. Thus, there is no way he can automatically succeed at grabbing a morsel and run without being caught.

Not only that, but he should realize that by not obeying Korath, and trying to duck back out the way he came, he's pretty much guaranteeing some long hours of scrubbing ahead of him. So he's not doing himself any favors. Also, how did Avalon manage to get through the back door in the first place? I know from first hand experience (my first job was as a dishwasher at Ponderosa Steak House ) that the back kitchen door to any restaurant is kept locked at all times for security reasons, opened only for deliveries or for the employees to take out the garage.

well that what happend, and we shall see about that scrubbing

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

well that what happend, and we shall see about that scrubbing

Only if @Rabobankrider allows it. Technically, you need to make another skill check if you want to even attempt it. And, if I were him, I'd hit you with a lot of Setback and an upgraded difficulty due to the fact that the kitchen staff now knows you're there. Also, Drez'n told the head cook to keep an eye out for you to begin with since he foresaw you sneaking into the kitchen already. So, everybody knows what you're doing.

And, there's no "we'll see" about it. You can ask @EliasWindrider , Korath is a very strict disciplinarian.

3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Only if @Rabobankrider allows it. Technically, you need to make another skill check if you want to even attempt it. And, if I were him, I'd hit you with a lot of Setback and an upgraded difficulty due to the fact that the kitchen staff now knows you're there. Also, Drez'n told the head cook to keep an eye out for you to begin with since he foresaw you sneaking into the kitchen already. So, everybody knows what you're doing.

And, there's no "we'll see" about it. You can ask @EliasWindrider , Korath is a very strict disciplinarian.

I'm waiting for a difficulty to have things happen

Best person to use my powers on

4 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

I'm waiting for a difficulty to have things happen

Best person to use my powers on

Uh huh. Does he not realize that the more trouble he causes, the less chance there is of Korath, or any of the other Jedi for that matter, training him? He's just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. Yes, as a player I find his antics funny, but, objectively, it's very counterproductive to getting trained.