Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , you would notice that in the distance there are several speeder bikes with first order troops heading your way. With the advantage I'd say you guys have some time to prepare before they arrive.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:23 PM, Stormbourne said:

excal'ur yes?

keeping an eye on that bantha : 3eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s-s.png a--.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-f-th.png

Do I notice them as well @Rabobankrider ?

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I 'll give the others a heads up (cover is assumed) and try to use foresee to gain a tactical advantage I don't think that the roll is good enough (don't know whether 1 or 2 white pips is required)

Foresee about immediate battle : 4eF 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

You get only the base power with 1 bip

1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

He flipped a DP and used a couple of DSPs as well.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Wasn't that for the move attack?

14 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Wasn't that for the move attack?

He did it again for that, using three more. It does look like he edited his previous OOC post, but regardless, it usually doesn’t cost extra FPs to use a Control upgrade (Bind’s Movement upgrade being an exception) since they typically replace the base power. So, unless he was going to use a Duration, Strength, Range, or Magnitude upgrade on LSP would be fine. And, given that his character only has the base power anyway, all he can use is the base power regardless.

It's big enough to land. Just a bit of a tight squeeze.

@EliasWindrider , I'm going to give you an extra 8 conflict for resorting to violence (I know it's usually 5 but you did kill 6 guys, admittedly planning to do you guys in so it's not full murder).

@Stormbourne you did as well yes, but the disadvantage didn't give you much time to respond.

19 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , I'm going to give you an extra 8 conflict for resorting to violence (I know it's usually 5 but you did kill 6 guys, admittedly planning to do you guys in so it's not full murder).

@Stormbourne you did as well yes, but the disadvantage didn't give you much time to respond.

No surviours at all?

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Any piloting check required? If so, what difficulty?

On 10/28/2018 at 11:43 PM, Stormbourne said:

That's part of the base power

The Force User can feel the Force flowing around everything, seeing what is and what will be. The user may spend FP to gain vague hints of events to come, up to a day into his own, personal future.

the base power doesn't do anything else mechanically but the way it's worded it's unclear to me whether there's a tax of one and then you get hints with additional pips or you get hints with the first pip.

Edited by EliasWindrider
23 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That was for seek, for a meta game reason, @stormbourne and I needed to get on the same page and that was the cost of narratively justifying it.

19 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Steeper than I thought but I won't protest it/argue for a lower amount, FYI the thought process was I thought that there'd be survivors and getting us stormtrooper uniforms and speeder bikes might allow us to just sneak onto the shuttle and fly away without having to fight & kill a bigger force (that includes Mathis Karr)

@EliasWindrider , sorry, I think I had a complete blank there because there should indeed be 2 survivors out of the six (5 soak, 30 wounds for the group). I am going to say however that those two are staggered so they're not fighting back currently. You guys would find them sprawled out near their bikes.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , sorry, I think I had a complete blank there because there should indeed be 2 survivors out of the six (5 soak, 30 wounds for the group). I am going to say however that those two are staggered so they're not fighting back currently. You guys would find them sprawled out near their bikes.

What about my landing. Do I need a piloting check because of the tight fit, or not? If so, what difficulty?

No need for a check, you can just land, bit of a squeeze but not a real problem.

25 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

No need for a check, you can just land, bit of a squeeze but not a real problem.

Thanks. That’s what I needed to know. ? ?

@TheShard , Drez’n would definitely recognize the model of ship. It’s Corellian after all. The only reason why Jonas couldn’t recognize it is because the YZ-900, and in fact, all of the YZ series ships came out after the Empire came to power.

Any other notable markings on itm

3 hours ago, TheShard said:

Any other notable markings on itm

Other than the overall steel-silver color with gold trim, not from below . You'd need to see it from above. Depending upon the angle you're looking at it, you might be able to see the name of her on the side under the forward canards, written in Aurebesh. Other than that, you would know the model was a YZ-900 medium transport , that's about it.

Hey, @Stormbourne , you do realize that it's freaking cold out, don't you?

All my characters have my tolerance to the cold. I find 8°C nice and comfortable part of being a norsemen

@TheShard , that should be fine with that check. @Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics what are you planning on ordering (I'm assuming @Stormbourne is still out in the snow)?

@Lotr_Nerd I'm afraid that I am going to have to class you as being inactive and carry on without you. @player3333902 , I think you will have to go ont he assumption that the Jawa that helped you with the robbers feld shortly after the survivor did. What do you want to do next?

32 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@TheShard , that should be fine with that check. @Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics what are you planning on ordering (I'm assuming @Stormbourne is still out in the snow)?

@Lotr_Nerd I'm afraid that I am going to have to class you as being inactive and carry on without you. @player3333902 , I think you will have to go ont he assumption that the Jawa that helped you with the robbers feld shortly after the survivor did. What do you want to do next?

Yeah, a plate of scrambled Nuna eggs cooked in nuna bacon grease, Nuna bacon , nerf sausage , and a glass of Ottegan mead .

Edited by Tramp Graphics

your vision of avalon would be him sprinting thought the dinner from the kitchens with an angry cook and two arm fulls of food after you and korath had settled into your seats

Edited by Stormbourne

Jonas will order the special. Whatever it is. And some beer.

@TheShard , if you want, might I suggest a Sense roll? It might give Drez’n a more “enlightening” idea of what he’s encountering.