Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

13 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Nope. No Nautolans. We’ve got Twi’lek, Drall, Arkanian, Verpine, Miraluka, Jawa, Mandalorian, and Base line humans, but no Nautolans.

You seem to have missed that he was looking for a species with natural "dreadlocks" and was making a joke about it.

I'm going to be out of town tomorrow until Thursday evening, family reunion in Tucson so about a 7 hour (plus stops so more like 9) drive each way, since @player3333902 is occupied by national exams we probably ought to put Dantooine on hold for till the weekend, but @Stormbourne I think that we'll be riding in on a speeder bike momentarily after you comm'd from the burning arc170 are you aware if @CathyKitten is still playing Teetoe, because your comm said all 3 of you were alive and well and that was hinted at not being the case by @Rabobankrider (specifically teetoe was nowhere to be seen)

I'll be trying to sort posts tomorrow, sorry for the delay all.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm going to be out of town tomorrow until Thursday evening, family reunion in Tucson so about a 7 hour (plus stops so more like 9) drive each way, since @player3333902 is occupied by national exams we probably ought to put Dantooine on hold for till the weekend, but @Stormbourne I think that we'll be riding in on a speeder bike momentarily after you comm'd from the burning arc170 are you aware if @CathyKitten is still playing Teetoe, because your comm said all 3 of you were alive and well and that was hinted at not being the case by @Rabobankrider (specifically teetoe was nowhere to be seen)

i have talked with cathy, she (i think) says that she's still open to playing just not at the moment

@Stormbourne , unfortunately from what I've seen in the book only the successes can be used to recover 1 strain each. You're going to need some medical attention when the others have a chance.

@Tramp Graphics , running as you are it will take you maybe five minutes or so. There is only 1 route back the way you came however.

I spoke to @CathyKitten who did say that they were considering returning to the campaign, a while ago, but unfortunately has not followed up on this or responded to my messages. As a result I am proceeding on the assumption that she isn't coming back.

@Lotr_Nerd , are you still active? I haven't heard anything from you for a while.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , unfortunately from what I've seen in the book only the successes can be used to recover 1 strain each. You're going to need some medical attention when the others have a chance.

@Tramp Graphics , running as you are it will take you maybe five minutes or so. There is only 1 route back the way you came however.

I spoke to @CathyKitten who did say that they were considering returning to the campaign, a while ago, but unfortunately has not followed up on this or responded to my messages. As a result I am proceeding on the assumption that she isn't coming back.

@Lotr_Nerd , are you still active? I haven't heard anything from you for a while.

i was asking if the rules could be bent for a single wound but all good

21 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well, what about Ro Ka then? Korath can't just leave her down there, and I'd rather not have her just "killed off" arbitrarily. At least give him some kind of word over the comlink that she was able to get out on her own.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
5 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Well, what about Ro Ka then? Korath can't just leave her down there, and I'd rather not have her just "killed off" arbitrarily. At least give him some kind of word over the comlink that she was able to get out on her own.

stole one of the pirate ships. done

gonna be travelling in the next few days my input will slow down until things have settled down

@Tramp Graphics although you don't know where Ro'Ka is, that doesn't necessarily mean that she will die. As it was suggested she may have already found her own way out. I'd say that the best thing to do for now is to just carry on with the escape.

Whoever is piloting the submersible can do an average piloting (planetary) check to see how that goes.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics although you don't know where Ro'Ka is, that doesn't necessarily mean that she will die. As it was suggested she may have already found her own way out. I'd say that the best thing to do for now is to just carry on with the escape.

Whoever is piloting the submersible can do an average piloting (planetary) check to see how that goes.

Korath is piloting.

Piloting (Planetary) : 2eP+1eA+4eF+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-tr.png p-s.png a-a-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png

I spend the 4 LSPs as Advantages to cancel out the 2 Threats and find the most advantageous escape route. The Triumph, I'll use to gain an extra Maneuver. I'll use one maneuver to try and activate Supreme Full Throttle , which requires another piloting check, but, with Improved Full Throttle , can be done as a maneuver.

Piloting (Planetary) Supreme Full Throttle : 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png No go there. So no boosting my top speed this go.

Either way, I'll use another maneuver to punch it .

@Jonas Shaaf , plot point that may be handy, you would know that one your brothers from the order built himself a similar facility to what you did, but on Drall (DUN DUN DUUUUN).

@Stormbourne , @EliasWindrider and @player3333902 , you guys are still up for Dantooine. I'd recommend regrouping before going ahead.

@Lotr_Nerd , I need to hear from you in the next day or so I can continue with the Tatooine thread. @SithArissa , if you want you can have Arissa arrive at Tatooine

@Rabobankrider dont think theres any point in me starting anything on Tatooine when the other two are awol.

19 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , @EliasWindrider and @player3333902 , you guys are still up for Dantooine. I'd recommend regrouping before going ahead.

On 10/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@Stormbourne I think that we'll be riding in on a speeder bike momentarily after you comm'd from the burning arc170

@Rabobankrider I'm on the same page

@Rabobankrider Lore check on that sword please?

Apologies guys I had a personal crisis that took longer than expected to deal with, I will post later tonight.

@TheShard , that really depends on backstory of the sword, which I don't know. @SithArissa could you let me know some details about the sword?

@Lotr_Nerd as a quick reminder you and @player3333902 just repelled the would be thieves, so combat is over, and it's up to what you guys want to do.

@Jonas Shaaf , Your character would have never seen a YZ-900 before, given that they came out during the time of the Empire. I wonder what his reaction is gonna be now that he sees the Jedi Star .

@EliasWindrider and/or @player3333902 , you two would know where the crashed ship is thanks to the com message and the smoke you can see. If you want to narrate heading across to the crash sight it won't require a check.

Regarding moving from Manaan to Drall (assuming that is the plan with @Jonas Shaaf 's backstory link I mentioned) I'll say that you guys arrive at the time that the people on Drall are meeting for convenience.

For @Jonas Shaaf or @Tramp Graphics , it will be a hard medicine check to recover @Stormbourne .

@Lotr_Nerd I also need to know where you're planning for your master to be. If it's in the the Corellia sector he'd be the next to be picked up on the ship.

38 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider and/or @player3333902 , you two would know where the crashed ship is thanks to the com message and the smoke you can see. If you want to narrate heading across to the crash sight it won't require a check.

Regarding moving from Manaan to Drall (assuming that is the plan with @Jonas Shaaf 's backstory link I mentioned) I'll say that you guys arrive at the time that the people on Drall are meeting for convenience.

For @Jonas Shaaf or @Tramp Graphics , it will be a hard medicine check to recover @Stormbourne .

@Lotr_Nerd I also need to know where you're planning for your master to be. If it's in the the Corellia sector he'd be the next to be picked up on the ship.

Korath has the Heal power so, I should be able to heal most of his injuries in short order once we get him on board and laid down in one of the crew quarters’ bunks.

@Tramp Graphics , cool, well there's nothing else that's going to happen between now and leaving for your next destination, so you can sort that in your next post.

Ok, now you guys are on the ship it's a hard medicine check to heal Avalon.

@Rabobankrider @TheShard its just a sword. Nothing special about it.

9 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, now you guys are on the ship it's a hard medicine check to heal Avalon.

OK. I'm going to make 5 sequential Heal checks. Each check that gets at least one LSP will heal exactly 3 wounds to Avalon, up to the maximum required to heal him completely, but will not heal any Critical injuries he has . This will take several minutes of in game time.

Heal Avalon (first attempt) : 4eF 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

Heal Avalon (second attempt) : 4eF 6 Light Side
f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png

Heal Avalon (Third attempt) : 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Heal Avalon (fourth attempt) : 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png

Heal Avalon (fifth attempt) : 4eF 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

@Stormbourne , just an FYI, by the time Avalon woke up, Korath had already left the cabin. @Jonas Shaaf , may or may not still be there, however.

@Rabobankrider , any word from traffic control?