Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Sorry for the delay all, I've been struggling with time recently. I will have posts sorted for Wednesday. :)

32 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry for the delay all, I've been struggling with time recently. I will have posts sorted for Wednesday. :)

Meh. Take your time

@Rabobankrider what's the crit of the blaster i have?

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2, cortosis armour
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men 

@Stormbourne , the critical is 3 advantage, also which group are you aiming at?

Lightsabers are not automatically resistant to damage, they just need enough disadvantage to damage it.

Also @Tramp Graphics you need to update the damage that Korath has taken. Also I'm going to use one of my DP's to upgrade the next combat check.

@player3333902 , with the travel time I'd say enough has passed for you to use it again.

@EliasWindrider you would be able to find the following things, bear in mind though to do this many checks ic will take some time:

• The shuttle seems to be somewhere in the same vicinity of the smoke.
  • Mathis Karr is somewhere in front of the smoke in the distance.
  • The ARC-170 is between you and the smoke bearing off to your left.
  • For your forsee you would see the shuttle surrounded by fire and gunshots, the flash of lightsabers, people shouting and crying.

@SithArissa , I just need your post for Korriban and I can sort the next post there.

@Lotr_Nerd , I also couldn't find your post for the combat on Tatooine, it may have gotten lost somewhere along the line.

@Rabobankrider asked for a deception check difficulty a while back.

Ah, sorry I missed that. It really depends on the lie though, if you want to post what you were planning to lie about I can tell you the difficulty :)

10 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ah, sorry I missed that. It really depends on the lie though, if you want to post what you were planning to lie about I can tell you the difficulty :)

Gonna spin a yarn that Arissa is a far removed descendent of the Sith lord, saying his direct ancestry inter bred with slaves and shes here to claim her birth right.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2, cortosis armour
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne

Lightsabers are not automatically resistant to damage, they just need enough disadvantage to damage it.

Also @Tramp Graphics you need to update the damage that Korath has taken. Also I'm going to use one of my DP's to upgrade the next combat check.

@player3333902 , with the travel time I'd say enough has passed for you to use it again.

@EliasWindrider you would be able to find the following things, bear in mind though to do this many checks ic will take some time:

• For your forsee you would see the shuttle surrounded by fire and gunshots, the flash of lightsabers, people shouting and crying.

@SithArissa , I just need your post for Korriban and I can sort the next post there.

@Lotr_Nerd , I also couldn't find your post for the combat on Tatooine, it may have gotten lost somewhere along the line.

I already did. After using Parry , and taking Soak into account, he only suffered one wound from that hit, and that has been subtracted from his wound threshold. I did that immediately after your IC post regarding the captain's attack, so Korath is currently at 9 wounds after that hit.

Do you need me to make the flip on the app, or have you managed to get it to work for you?

Edited by Tramp Graphics

group two, and since i cant crit, can i get a black added to group 1's attack against me with my two advantages

Misdirect again... with slightly better results this time. I'm going with the Control: Appearance version (using my LSP for the Magnitude upgrade) to make the Pirate minions (starting w/ Group 2 and going as far as a magnitude upgrade will let me go) perceive Avalon as another Nikto. Granted, Jonas has no idea how the pirates are dressed (still being blind and all), but hopes to sow some confusion.

Misdirect : 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Side question: How are we interpreting Misdirect w.r.t. minion groups? Is each individual a target, or is the whole group a target? In the latter case, I can do all three groups, in the former I only get Group 2.

20 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Misdirect again... with slightly better results this time. I'm going with the Control: Appearance version (using my LSP for the Magnitude upgrade) to make the Pirate minions (starting w/ Group 2 and going as far as a magnitude upgrade will let me go) perceive Avalon as another Nikto. Granted, Jonas has no idea how the pirates are dressed (still being blind and all), but hopes to sow some confusion.

Misdirect : 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Side question: How are we interpreting Misdirect w.r.t. minion groups? Is each individual a target, or is the whole group a target? In the latter case, I can do all three groups, in the former I only get Group 2.

He’s doing whole groups.

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

He’s doing whole groups.

Well, then I bought some breathing room for Avalon, since he'll look like yet a Pirate for a round...

34 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Well, then I bought some breathing room for Avalon, since he'll look like yet a Pirate for a round...

time to steal more weapons

Lightsaber check : 3eP+1eD+2eC+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png d-th-th.png c-f-f.png c--.png s-th.png

I use the Advantage to recover Strain then get into a Defensive Stance, and prepare to Dodge.

@Tramp Graphics , I think that you've forgotten that linked was activated by the pirate captain. The total wounds inflicted was 18 after that, of which your parry and soak can remove 8, doing a total damage of 10 instead of 1.

I managed to get the app to work, but honestly I don't know why we don't just list it in the ooc intro.

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 11/25, 3/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne

Updated with @Stormbourne 's damage.

@SithArissa you'd be looking at a hard deception with a setback there.

I'll sort the ic later.

@Rabobankrider far from me to help Korath, but since linked is considered separate hits he can parry both. Suffering the strain for each totalling 6.

Influence Deception : 1eB+1eP+2eA+3eF+3eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

b-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a--.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d--.png d--.png d-f.png s-th.png

Post IC soon. But unwell.

Edited by SithArissa

@Tramp Graphics , I think that you've forgotten that linked was activated by the pirate captain. The total wounds inflicted was 18 after that, of which your parry and soak can remove 8, doing a total damage of 10 instead of 1.

I managed to get the app to work, but honestly I don't know why we don't just list it in the ooc intro.

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 11/25, 3/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne

Updated with @Stormbourne 's damage.

@SithArissa you'd be looking at a hard deception with a setback there.

I'll sort the ic later.

Yes, I did forget the Linked . However, Korath's Parry and Soak can remove a total of 8 damage from each hit , not each successful attack. So, it would only be an additional 1 Wound from the hit granted by Linked , on top of the previous 1 from the first hit of that attack, at the cost of 3 more Strain, totaling only 2 wounds of damage as a result. So, I just added that to the sheet, along with the additional Strain cost. He's gonna need to do get a lot more than one Success per attack to deal more than that. Korath is more likely to run out of Strain than he is wounds. Korath just needs one more good hit next round to KO this guy.

As for using the App, it's so that people don't have to rely on one person, who may or may not be able to post on a regular basis, to mark all of the flips. They can do it themselves, and it'll automatically show up.

@Tramp Graphics , that's fine so long as you're ok spending the strain.

I've lost track, how many rounds of fated duel have passed? With Avalon looking like a pirate and Jonas being invisible to everyone but the captain, Korath is the only current target.

It’s supposed to last for three rounds total. I’m not entirely sure if that includes the activation of the signature ability itself, leaving me with only two actions afterwards, or if it’s the three full rounds, after the round it’s activated, giving me three actions in total. So, it either ends at the end of this round or after my next turn. I honestly don’t know which. The book isn’t exactly clear, nor is it clear if activating a signature ability is an action, maneuver, or incidental. I presumed it was an action because it requires a skill check, but it’s not actually clear. So, I leave that up to you. Either way, my next attack, if successful, will knock him out.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Rabobankrider said:

What about the fuel for the arc 170? Is it in the midst of the smoke near the shuttle?

@Tramp Graphics , I've gone over the core book and tried to find stuff on the forums (couldn't find much), and the way I read it is that fated duel ends this round. If anyone else has read it differently I'd like to hear it. Before I continue with combat are you planning to use dodge against the pirate crew? Just so I know regarding the rolls.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like @CathyKitten is coming back at this time, so we're going to have to continue. @Stormbourne and @EliasWindrider I'll be reintroducing your characters on Dantooine, and will be tweaking the plans for Manaan slightly to go on.

@EliasWindrider , fuel for the 170 would be where the smoke it rising from, but that may not be relevant necessarily.

Also @TheShard don't forget that for using force powers on PC's you should be rolling vs discipline checks to see if it works. I'm allowing it for Kark this time for plot points, but in the future it will need those checks.

22 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Also  @TheShard don't forget that for using force powers on PC's you should be rolling vs discipline checks to see if it works. I'm allowing it for Kark this time for plot points  

Sense my willpower roll : 4eP+1eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png

This roll effectively endorsing your hand wave!

42 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , I've gone over the core book and tried to find stuff on the forums (couldn't find much), and the way I read it is that fated duel ends this round. If anyone else has read it differently I'd like to hear it. Before I continue with combat are you planning to use dodge against the pirate crew? Just so I know regarding the rolls.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like @CathyKitten is coming back at this time, so we're going to have to continue. @Stormbourne and @EliasWindrider I'll be reintroducing your characters on Dantooine, and will be tweaking the plans for Manaan slightly to go on.

@EliasWindrider , fuel for the 170 would be where the smoke it rising from, but that may not be relevant necessarily.

Also @TheShard don't forget that for using force powers on PC's you should be rolling vs discipline checks to see if it works. I'm allowing it for Kark this time for plot points, but in the future it will need those checks.

Of course.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

all cool

also reading fated duel i would say that each character gets three turns after activation to beat the ever love christ out of each other