Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@SithArissa , just to let you know that the combat in this last room isn't over (despite that brutal kill). If you're planning on using dodge or something again, let me know. :)

On 8/24/2018 at 1:27 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

If it's your apprentice , you do.

And, when he cited that as a reason you could, You'll find that I quite specifically said that was (and I quote) "Fair enough."

But, you decided to layer it on with

On 8/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

On top of that, Korath has Avalon's best interest in mind, and wants the boy to not only survive this mess without further loss of life, but also learn some self-discipline and self restraint, as well as keep the boy from getting into any more mischief.

To which I said that having someone's best interests in mind doesn't entitle you to give them orders. Which launched this whole, "Teachers can order their students around! Here, look at a clip of a movie that you've never had any interest in seeing in your life, because it says teachers can order students around! Oh, and I can order other players around if I think they're going to derail the game that really should have been a fanfic for me to get closure with an old character, because he should be the star!" post that I'm replying to now.

Edited by Nytwyng
4 hours ago, player3333902 said:

@Rabobankrider , i didnt know tino mamaged to kill someone XD will write that up.

@EliasWindrider , do u wish to write out the runaway scene? Akua is basically just following elias, so i hv no real preference in how it goes, as long as it happens XD

I thought I already did.

16 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

myer briggs, the INTJ part, is a psychology thing that can help identify patterns and qwerks within people, if your looking to get him to socialize more your pushing him to develop one of his opposing functions mainly his Extroversion, it's not really surprising though as i read it your a ENFJ

.just to clarify what the **** i'm going on about:

INTJ "the perfectionist"

ENFJ "the peacekeeper"

That's a fair assessment... ironic I just realized I say "fair" a lot, is a desire to make sure everyone gets a fair shake/what they agreed to, part of "peace keeper"/ENFJ?

I googled it, other than me not being all that extraverted/and having poor social skills (mild case of asperger's) it's pretty spot on, helping people is important to me. I love teaching (was faculty/not a teaching assistant at the university at Buffalo for 2.5 years towards the end of getting my PhD) and want to come back to it when I'm old and semi-retire, and am an engineer by training. In my job I usually function as a computational mathematician. (Teacher and engineer come up in the top list of jobs for enfj's), I have a bit different persona/almost a stage persona (acting comes up in the list of ENFJ jobs too, it's not an exact match but I can see the parallels) when I teach, enthusiastic/engaging/no student left behind/reveling in being a nerd/here's this nerd cool/interesting thing I can teach you... that's about the only scenario where I would qualify as an extravert/personable. The E in ENFJ is extravert.

I had intervention/professional help learning to compensate for my defects (speech impediment/dyslexia/dysgraphia/attention deficit disorder/bipolar type 2(depressive trend, I'm on a combination of meds which is about a 98% solution for that as long as I'm taking them)/aspergers/etc.) from an early age (starting at 5 years old I think) so I generally come across as brilliant slightly jerk/awkward "normal" (not that anyone is really normal). When I was younger I was embarrassed to let people know I was "deffective", I've since realized that everyone is "defective" in some way and trying to hide the nature of one's problems is counterproductive at best.

Edited by EliasWindrider
5 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@SithArissa , just to let you know that the combat in this last room isn't over (despite that brutal kill). If you're planning on using dodge or something again, let me know. :)

So you're letting that last attack count? And yes dodge will be used.

Edited by SithArissa
8 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

That's a fair assessment... ironic I just realized I say "fair" a lot, is a desire to make sure everyone gets a fair shake/what they agreed to, part of "peace keeper"/ENFJ?

I googled it, other than me not being all that extraverted/and having poor social skills (mild case of asperger's) it's pretty spot on, helping people is important to me. I love teaching (was faculty/not a teaching assistant at the university at Buffalo for 2.5 years towards the end of getting my PhD) and want to come back to it when I'm old and semi-retire, and am an engineer by training. In my job I usually function as a computational mathematician. (Teacher and engineer come up in the top list of jobs for enfj's), I have a bit different persona/almost a stage persona (acting comes up in the list of ENFJ jobs too, it's not an exact match but I can see the parallels) when I teach, enthusiastic/engaging/no student left behind/reveling in being a nerd/here's this nerd cool/interesting thing I can teach you... that's about the only scenario where I would qualify as an extravert/personable. The E in ENFJ is extravert.

I had intervention/professional help learning to compensate for my defects (speech impediment/dyslexia/dysgraphia/attention deficit disorder/bipolar type 2(depressive trend, I'm on a combination of meds which is about a 98% solution for that as long as I'm taking them)/aspergers/etc.) from an early age (starting at 5 years old I think) so I generally come across as brilliant slightly jerk/awkward "normal" (not that anyone is really normal). When I was younger I was embarrassed to let people know I was "deffective", I've since realized that everyone is "defective" in some way and trying to hide the nature of one's problems is counterproductive at best.

weew aspy bros, also while aspergers does effect social skills it doesn't rule out extroversion

3 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

weew aspy bros, also while aspergers does effect social skills it doesn't rule out extroversion

Just took the test... I am 53% extroverted and 47% introverted, fairly close to center of the spectrum in most areas but came out as an ENFJ-A not sure what the -A means.

13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Just took the test... I am 53% extroverted and 47% introverted, fairly close to center of the spectrum in most areas but came out as an ENFJ-A not sure what the -A means.

Assertive or passive i think most kinda ingore that part

Edited by Stormbourne
20 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Assertive or passive i think most kinda ingore that part

Natural tendency would be passive if not for the intervention from an early age.

@Rabobankrider avalon will get a standard lightsaber then get a mask/"walking stick" and clam narrativly that he has a phantom saber

Edited by Stormbourne
2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Natural tendency would be passive if not for the intervention from an early age.

hey i got INFP-A even though you will find me laid back as ****

So, @Stormbourne , when're you going to make your IC post. I'd like to take my next turn.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

So, @Stormbourne , when're you going to make your IC post. I'd like to take my next turn.

oh where people waiting on me sry

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

oh where people waiting on me sry

Yep. we know you already made your roll here in this thread, but you haven't posted in character yet. After you, there's one minion group left and then the next round starts.

Jonas will attempt to use Misdirect to hide Korath from as many of the minion groups as possible...

Misdirect : 4eF 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

Well that's only one Minion Group (Sorry @Tramp Graphics ). Needless to say, I'm not dedicating any dice to keeping that result.

18 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Jonas will attempt to use Misdirect to hide Korath from as many of the minion groups as possible...

Well that's only one Minion Group (Sorry @Tramp Graphics ). Needless to say, I'm not dedicating any dice to keeping that result.

That's fine, since they can't attack me anyways while Fated Duel is active. And, technically, neither can your use of Misdirect . Sorry.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
18 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

maybe instead that's why the second group can't attack yet

can't interfere with the duel

can't see avalon

Edited by Stormbourne

@Rabobankrider , here's my attack on the pirate captain:

Lightsaber check (attack pirate captain) : 3eP+2eC+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png c-th.png c-th-th.png s--.png

That's 16 points of Strain damage before subtracting the Pirate Captain's Soak , totaling 11 points of Strain after subtracting his Soak. However, I do have one Threat . Have fun with it.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Rabobankrider , here's my attack on the pirate captain:

Lightsaber check (attack pirate captain) : 3eP+2eC+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png c-th.png c-th-th.png s--.png

That's 16 points of Strain damage before subtracting the Pirate Captain's Soak , totaling 11 points of Strain after subtracting his Soak. However, I do have one Threat . Have fun with it.

he murders you face

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 1/12, defence 1, adversary 2, cortosis armour
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men

@Tramp Graphics , I honestly can't remember which group you immobilised, and I don't want to dig through the sea that is the ooc, so I'm going to have to go on the assumption that it is crew 1 unless you can remember the specifics.

Also guys please wait to post stuff on your turns, just makes things simpler for me to follow when I'm doing my write ups. :)

@Jonas Shaaf , which minion squad are you targeting with misdirection? I'm guessing crew 1?

As @Jonas Shaaf has already made his post, @Tramp Graphics , you can make your ic post. I think I'm going to say that a blow from the captain will rattle Korath a bit, adding a blue dice to the next check against him.

Korriban Combat

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard: 3 soak, 16/16 wounds, 14/14 2, 1 defence, adversary 2,

Tatooine Combat:

1. @player3333902
  2. Hanger Robbers: 4 soak, 5/10 wounds, 1/2 men
  3. @Lotr_Nerd
Edited by Rabobankrider
4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2, cortosis armour
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men

@Tramp Graphics , I honestly can't remember which group you immobilised, and I don't want to dig through the sea that is the ooc, so I'm going to have to go on the assumption that it is crew 1 unless you can remember the specifics.

Also guys please wait to post stuff on your turns, just makes things simpler for me to follow when I'm doing my write ups. :)

@Jonas Shaaf , which minion squad are you targeting with misdirection? I'm guessing crew 1?

As @Jonas Shaaf has already made his post, @Tramp Graphics , you can make your ic post. I think I'm going to say that a blow from the captain will rattle Korath a bit, adding a blue dice to the next check against him.

Korriban Combat

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard: 3 soak, 16/16 wounds, 14/14 2, 1 defence, adversary 2,

Tatooine Combat:

1. @player3333902
  2. Hanger Robbers: 4 soak, 5/10 wounds, 1/2 men
  3. @Lotr_Nerd

The group I used Bind's Movement upgrade to hurl back out to Short range and immobilized was the one that first grabbed Avalon and started beating on him. I never specified which one by number, only that it was the one beating on Avalon.

@Rabobankrider whats this guys rank, adversary or rival?

Adversary, so 2 challenge dice. He is currently using bind so he can see who it was who killed him the first time ?

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Adversary, so 2 challenge dice. He is currently using bind so he can see who it was who killed him the first time ?

No theres ranks for npcs. Minions, rival and Nemesis.