Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I think it would be possible, we've seen it in the movies a few times and Arissa is an accomplished duellist. You could certainly do that thing when they block and/or (not sure which) absorb it with the blade. May be a bit trickier to actually try and bounce it back.

Saber Attack : 2eB+4eP+1eA+3eF+2eC+1eS 1 success, 6 advantage, 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
b-a.png b-s.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png c-f.png c-th.png s--.png

1 Move from short to engaged. 6 Damage. Flip 1 destiny to Embrace Your Hate to add damage equal to the darkside destiny points in the pool, which is 12 now for 18 damage total. 2 Advantage to crit, 4 Advantage to add +20 to the crit, +20 from Lethal Blows, +30 from Makashi Finish, +60 from Juyo savagery for +130 (Side note if I mod my crystal I can get +150 before I even roll ? )

Critical : 1d100+130 211

Or should I hit with my offhand dropping the crit to 201 but doing 26 damage? So many options!

Edited by SithArissa
11 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Saber Attack : 2eB+4eP+1eA+3eF+2eC+1eS 1 success, 6 advantage, 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
b-a.png b-s.png p-a-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png c-f.png c-th.png s--.png

1 Move from short to engaged. 6 Damage. Flip 1 destiny to Embrace Your Hate to add damage equal to the darkside destiny points in the pool, which is 12 now for 18 damage total. 2 Advantage to crit, 4 Advantage to add +20 to the crit, +20 from Lethal Blows, +30 from Makashi Finish, +60 from Juyo savagery for +130 (Side note if I mod my crystal I can get +150 before I even roll ? )

Or should I hit with my offhand dropping the crit to 201 but doing 26 damage? So many options!

im just imagining the opening scene of cube right now

also i play a armorer colossus in the game i GM that would give you a -120 without imbue to you crit

Edited by Stormbourne
14 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Never mind I missed the 3rd difficulty dice for dual wielding so I cant hit with offhand :(

38 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , if you want with your 2 advantage from your check you could have the last squad not attack. I know that usually wouldn't happen (and probably won't in the future), but they would see a six year old trying to shoot at battle hardened (and fairly arrogant) pirates, so may not see him as a real threat. Just a thought while I'm feeling generous with advantage. :) If you want to narrate your attack I'll get the response up.

If you want to lightsaber/crystal thing to be purely cosmetic I'm ok with that. I've had sith porting about the battlefield but it's just force leap made to look fancy.

@Rabobankrider so they won't attack anyone this round or they won't attack me this round?

im tossing up weather to call it cosmetic or to use the freeform rules with GM aproval

freeform TL;DR you want your own force power? go for it GM still needs to okay it

7 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Never mind I missed the 3rd difficulty dice for dual wielding so I cant hit with offhand :(

and you don't want to risk the failure it might add?

They won't attack you this round, and they can't see Jonas or engage Korath currently.

Just now, Stormbourne said:

and you don't want to risk the failure it might add?

I only had once success.

Full disclosure @Rabobankrider I rolled a test dice and it came up 2 fails. Up to you if you want me to take it since I didn't declare a one weapon strike.

: 1eD 2 failures
d-f-f.png

12 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

They won't attack you this round, and they can't see Jonas or engage Korath currently.

yea okay they won't attack me instead they'll sit on the side lines drinking margaritas

Edited by Stormbourne
1 hour ago, SithArissa said:

Full disclosure @Rabobankrider I rolled a test dice and it came up 2 fails. Up to you if you want me to take it since I didn't declare a one weapon strike.

: 1eD 2 failures
d-f-f.png

I'm loving the honesty, and from a sith no less. There's a jedi or 2 or more around here myself included who should be taking good sports-person-ship from you.

Edited by EliasWindrider
4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm loving the honesty, and from a sith no less. There's a jedi or 2 or more around here myself included who should be taking good sports-person-ship from you.

oi passive aggressive is still aggressive, and we all came here to have some sort of fun, so lets all have fun each in their own uniquely twisted way

@SithArissa

Im imagining a future combat against a common foe once Elias has a maxed out unmatched ferocity with precision strike to selects discouraging wound, and flips some 5 destiny points from black to white would really ruin your day ?

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@SithArissa

Im imagining a future combat against a common foe once Elias has a maxed out unmatched ferocity with precision strike to selects discouraging wound, and flips some 5 destiny points from black to white would really ruin your day ?

I believe you can only flip one destiny per turn?

NVM doesn't apply to the crit.

Edited by SithArissa
Just now, SithArissa said:

though standard use yes but there are methods to flip many at once

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

oi passive aggressive is still aggressive, and we all came here to have some sort of fun, so lets all have fun each in their own uniquely twisted way

A fair criticism, but the comment is true none the less... note that I claimed to be one of the people needing good sports-person-ship lessons from @SithArissa so I already admitted mia culpa

18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Also I am not a Sith IRL, I merely cosplay one when I think no one is looking.

3 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

You can only SPEND one dp on a turn, these flips come from a critical hit using a talent that can be activated once per attack (precision strike) Juyo berseker itself has a talent that having 2 ranks you can flip 2 from white to black I believe,

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

You can only SPEND one dp on a turn, these flips come from a critical hit using a talent that can be activated once per attack (precision strike) Juyo berseker itself has a talent that having 2 ranks you can flip 2 from white to black I believe,

Yeah I edited the post but too late.

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

A fair criticism, but the comment is true none the less... note that I claimed to be one of the people needing good sports-person-ship lessons from @SithArissa so I already admitted mia culpa

mea culpa is a step in the right direction i just worry the shadow of emotions may corrupt the gesture

I've known tramp a long time (well over a decade) in real life, he's always had fringe interpretations, and been inflexible, but that's because he always lived by a strict set of rules (and tried to force others to live by his set of rules) it's part of who he is/was, yeah he has certain personality defects (every one does, I am by no means the least guilty either), but I could always count on Tramp to follow (his frequently fringe interpretations of) the rules. But now he seems to be throwing that good part of who he is/was away to gain some game mechanical advantage for his character. I'm pissed at myself for getting him back into star wars roleplaying and buying him FaD books/gm kit/screen for his birthday and Christmas (both in December) for the last several years, it feels like I've contributed to the delinquency of an emotional minor (tramp is fond of saying that he may grow old but he'll never grow up). That I encouraged him to spend time with a "friend" (Korath Lorren) who has been an extremely bad influence on him. That's where the emotional response is coming from. I've got no clue about what to expect from him now other than it's not good as long as Korath Lorren is involved.

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I've known tramp a long time (well over a decade) in real life, he's always had fringe interpretations, and been inflexible, but that's because he always lived by a strict set of rules (and tried to force others to live by his set of rules) it's part of who he is/was, yeah he has certain personality defects (every one does, I am by no means the least guilty either), but I could always count on Tramp to follow (his frequently fringe interpretations of) the rules. But now he seems to be throwing that good part of who he is/was away to gain some game mechanical advantage for his character. I'm pissed at myself for getting him back into star wars roleplaying and buying him FaD books/gm kit/screen for his birthday and Christmas (both in December) for the last several years, it feels like I've contributed to the delinquency of an emotional minor (tramp is fond of saying that he may grow old but he'll never grow up). That I encouraged him to spend time with a "friend" (Korath Lorren) who has been an extremely bad influence on him. That's where the emotional response is coming from.

well INTJ's will be INTJ's but by the sound of it he may be trying to exercise his opposing functions which isn't a bad thing

3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

well INTJ's will be INTJ's but by the sound of it he may be trying to exercise his opposing functions which isn't a bad thing

I don't know what intj and opposing functions mean, but I'm 42 and tramp is several years older than me, it feels like I'm responsible for him devolving when I was hoping getting him to socialize more with others over roleplaying games would improve his life.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

I don't know what intj and opposing functions mean, but I'm 42 and tramp is several years older than me, it feels like I'm responsible for him devolving when I was hoping getting him to socialize more with others over roleplaying games would improve his life.

myer briggs, the INTJ part, is a psychology thing that can help identify patterns and qwerks within people, if your looking to get him to socialize more your pushing him to develop one of his opposing functions mainly his Extroversion, it's not really surprising though as i read it your a ENFJ

.just to clarify what the **** i'm going on about:

INTJ "the perfectionist"

ENFJ "the peacekeeper"

@Rabobankrider , i didnt know tino mamaged to kill someone XD will write that up.

@EliasWindrider , do u wish to write out the runaway scene? Akua is basically just following elias, so i hv no real preference in how it goes, as long as it happens XD