Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

At the beginning of this campaign Korath didn't already have a kimber stone, and you've made a habit of sneaking "previous gear" that actually wasn't past multiple GMs.

Yes, he did. It's even on the Oggdude sheets you made for him during his conversion from D6/D20; sheets you still have . Check them yourself. KLDraft 7.0

5 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

i want to know what is it you think i am asking for when i say i want a phantom lightsaber

The ability to create a fully functioning lightsaber out of thin air just using just the kyber crystal.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
5 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The ability to create a fully functioning lightsaber out of thin air just using just the kyber crystal.

a unmodifiable lightsaber only the base stats of the crystal. no attachments. no augments. while making it harder to take the lightsaber away from me as the crystal itself is both smaller and easier to over look

that in my opinion is a fair trade

Edited by Stormbourne
3 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

a unmodifiable lightsaber only the base stats of the crystal. no attachments. no augments. while making it harder to take the lightsaber away from me as the crystal itself is both smaller and easier to over look

that in my opinion is a fair trade

It's still a fully functioning lightsaber. And, considering the crystals you'll be getting, when the time comes, a very powerful one.

And, like I said, this thread is not the place for this.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

It's still a fully functioning lightsaber. And, considering the crystals you'll be getting, when the time comes, a very powerful one.

well that's a mute point for two reasons:

1. all the AC's will be getting a crystal at the same time so i'm not becoming more powerful sooner

2. any counter to a standard lightsaber would still be applicable to my phantom lightsaber

the only outward mechanics i am changing is how hard it is to disarm me which can already be done with a shadow sheath, hilt masking kit, and crafting rules

Just now, Stormbourne said:

well that's a mute point for two reasons:

1. all the AC's will be getting a crystal at the same time so i'm not becoming more powerful sooner

2. any counter to a standard lightsaber would still be applicable to my phantom lightsaber

the only outward mechanics i am changing is how hard it is to disarm me which can already be done with a shadow sheath, hilt masking kit, and crafting rules

There's more to it than that, and you know it. And those two attachments you mentioned cost money. And crafting a lightsaber does take time and effort. There's no getting around that. So, yes, you do have to take the time and effort to actually craft a lightsaber. It's part of learning to become a Jedi.

Also, a Conjured melee weapon does 3 plus Brawn in damage. That damage is pretty much on par with an Ilum crystal as is, with a Brawn of 3, and only one less with a Brawn of 2. With a Brawn of 4 or 5, you're already pushing the damage potential to that of a Krayt Dragon Pearl or Mephite crystal. Remember, lightsabers don't get the added damage from Brawn, but melee weapons do. Add in the effects you can add to a conjured blade from the two Control upgrades, and you are creating a weapon on par with a lightsaber already. Now, you want to add in the power of a real Kyber crystal and boost that damage and power even more? NO!!!!! The Conjure power is designed to create things like what Mother Talzin did. It's not for emulating things from other universes. It's not for creating complex technology. It's for creating simple items and weapons.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

There's more to it than that, and you know it. And those two attachments you mentioned cost money. And crafting a lightsaber does take time and effort. There's no getting around that. So, yes, you do have to take the time and effort to actually craft a lightsaber. It's part of learning to become a Jedi.

Also, a Conjured melee weapon does 3 plus Brawn in damage. That damage is pretty much on par with an Ilum crystal as is, with a Brawn of 3, and only one less with a Brawn of 2. With a Brawn of 4 or 5, you're already pushing the damage potential to that of a Krayt Dragon Pearl or Mephite crystal. Remember, lightsabers don't get the added damage from Brawn, but melee weapons do. Add in the effects you can add to a conjured blade from the two Control upgrades, and you are creating a weapon on par with a lightsaber already. Now, you want to add in the power of a real Kyber crystal and boost that damage and power even more? NO!!!!! The Conjure power is designed to create things like what Mother Talzin did. It's not for emulating things from other universes. It's not for creating complex technology. It's for creating simple items and weapons.

melee weapons also don't get breach, also i am not longer talking of using conjure as that has been ruled out by FFG

Leave it to the GM you two

Just now, Stormbourne said:

melee weapons also don't get breach, also i am not longer talking of using conjure as that has been ruled out by FFG

With the proper control upgrade, you can get Pierce 3 (which ignores three points of Soak) , Burn 3 , or Vicious 3 . Only the Tainted Nightsister crystal beats that kind of power without extensive mods. Secondly, Conjure is the only way to create a "phantom" weapon out of thin air . If you want a lightsaber, you actually have to build a proper lightsaber hilt. You cannot conjure one out of thin air just using the crystal. All the crystal does is focus the energy into a plasma blade. IT does not create the energy itself. That requires a power cell . It cannot create the magnetically contained close plasma loop, That requires an emitter matirx . The crystal cannot turn itself on and off. That requires an activation switch . a crystal alone cannot contain the other components, that requires a hilt . If you want to disguise it to look like something else, you need the Disguise attachment.

4 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Leave it to the GM you two

Which one? ? @Rabobankrider said he's stepping down at the end of this session. And either @penpenpen is taking over full time, or we'll be rotating GM duties among the rest of us, or both.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
2 hours ago, TheShard said:

I'm gonna then have my signature saber, but I'll build his armor in game.

If he already had that armor in your last game. keep it, and the saber. That's fine. You already had most of that filled out on your 440 XP "Green Knight's character sheet, just copy and paste it over, and finish out the Morality and Motivation, and Description.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, he did. It's even on the Oggdude sheets you made for him during his conversion from D6/D20; sheets you still have . Check them yourself. KLDraft 7.0

The ability to create a fully functioning lightsaber out of thin air just using just the kyber crystal

I entered what you wrote int ogg dude generator to double check rules legality and actually caught rules mistakes (you're welcome again).

I'm pretty sure that no rules for kimber stones exist in rcr or d6, so it couldn't be previous gear coming into this system even if you wrote it on a character sheet. Btw writing something on a character sheet does not make it previous gear, you actually have to have acquired it in prior play.

This example of you writing gear you never had before and claiming it was previous gear proves my point that you have a habbit of trying to sneak "previous gear" that actually wasn't past the GM.

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I entered what you wrote int ogg dude generator to double check rules legality and actually caught rules mistakes (you're welcome again).

I'm pretty sure that no rules for kimber stones exist in rcr or d6, so it couldn't be previous gear coming into this system even if you wrote it on a character sheet. Btw writing something on a character sheet does not make it previous gear, you actually have to have acquired it in prior play.

The Kimber Stone was a substitution to account for not being capable of having multiples of the same crystal, and Korath did have multiple crystals for more than just the variable blade length. He had inherited an additional crystal from a former teacher (an Ewok shaman) during game play, which had then been added to his lightsaber, on top of the ones he already possessed that allowed him to change the blade length. That is in his original background as well. All I did was swap out the type of crystal. And, for the record, the Kimber Stone is a heck of a lot cheaper than a Mephite crystal. So, I don’t know what you’re suddenly complaining about. It’s not like I’m trying to deny @TheShard anything. Just the opposite in fact. So stop trying to create an issue where there is none.

Note I am not claiming Elias' dragite crystal was previous gear, I used the rules for new master character creation when I upgraded him (which wasn't such a big jump that you claimed it was because you don't know his history between 2006 until now).

You are trying to have the best of both worlds with Korath... you should either 1 for 1 convert him (which means among other things, no kimberstone) or rebuild him from scratch using the same rules (gear budget) as everyone else

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The Kimber Stone was a substitution to account for not being capable of having multiples of the same crystal, and Korath did have multiple crystals for more than just the variable blade length. He had inherited an additional crystal from a former teacher (an Ewok shaman) during game play, which had then been added to his lightsaber, on top of the ones he already possessed that allowed him to change the blade length. That is in his original background as well. All I did was swap out the type of crystal. And, for the record, the Kimber Stone is a heck of a lot cheaper than a Mephite crystal. So, I don’t know what you’re suddenly complaining about. It’s not like I’m trying to deny @TheShard anything. Just the opposite in fact. So stop trying to create an issue where there is none.

The 1 for 1 equivalent is the dual phase upgrade, nothing more nothing less.

A very generous to you compromise, that you already agreed to and were playing under until the jedi star campaign started, is you getting a katharcite crystal (which you could have had in the previous game) to replicate a training saber.

The point is you added a kimber stone as phantom previous gear between the end of the jedi quest campaign and the beginning of the jedi star campaign.

Edited by EliasWindrider
Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Note I am not claiming Elias' dragite crystal was previous gear, I used the rules for new master character creation when I upgraded him (which wasn't such a big jump that you claimed it was because you don't know his history between 2006 until now).

You are trying to have the best of both worlds with Korath... you should either 1 for 1 convert him (which means among other things, no kimberstone) or rebuild him from scratch using the same rules (gear budget) as everyone else

Keith. I made a single crystal substitution to account for the differences in the Lightsaber rules, for a crystal that was comparable to what he originally had in that slot, and also of a much lower value. Because no matter what, he did have multiple actual crystals in his saber.

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Keith. I made a single crystal substitution to account for the differences in the Lightsaber rules, for a crystal that was comparable to what he originally had in that slot, and also of a much lower value. Because no matter what, he did have multiple actual crystals in his saber.

Pretty sure the jedi star didn't have a gunnery droid brain under rcr.

And under rcr those multiple crystals bought you a dual phase/tri phase lightsaber, that's the 1 for 1 equivalent.

If you want to get pedantic, I'd have no problem with you switching between 3 different mephite crystals with different mods on them.

The 1 for 1 equivalent is the dual phase upgrade, nothing more nothing less.

A very generous to you compromise, that you already agreed to and were playing under until the jedi star campaign started, is you getting a katharcite crystal (which you could have had in the previous game) to replicate a training saber.

Nope. In the previous campaigns I had multiple mephite crystals granted from multiple sources, some He had gathered himself, and one given to him by a teacher he was continuing his training under. So any substitution of that crystal had to be of equivalent capability . A kathracite crystal is nowhere near equivalent to a mphite crystal.

Only here for a moment guys, but move this to the misc thread so I don't lose track of the game actions.

The real issue I'm pointing out is that you are playing by a different set of rules than everyone else.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

Only here for a moment guys, but move this to the misc thread so I don't lose track of the game actions.

Will do.

Pretty sure the jedi star didn't have a gunnery droid brain under rcr.

And under rcr those multiple crystals bought you a dual phase/tri phase lightsaber, that's the 1 for 1 equivalent.

If you want to get pedantic, I'd have no problem with you switching between 3 different mephite crystals with different mods on them.

Actually, it was indeed fully automated, requiring only a single operator. so, yes, it did. It had everything the White Wing from SW Gamer #2 has.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:29 PM, Stormbourne said:

well since i only have a blaster pistol 1. maneuver to get to short 2. pew pew

pew pew : 2eA+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png

@Rabobankrider , to help get back on track, this was @Stormbourne ‘s most recent action for Avalon. I hope this helps.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Stormbourne , if you want with your 2 advantage from your check you could have the last squad not attack. I know that usually wouldn't happen (and probably won't in the future), but they would see a six year old trying to shoot at battle hardened (and fairly arrogant) pirates, so may not see him as a real threat. Just a thought while I'm feeling generous with advantage. :) If you want to narrate your attack I'll get the response up.

If you want to lightsaber/crystal thing to be purely cosmetic I'm ok with that. I've had sith porting about the battlefield but it's just force leap made to look fancy.

Tatooine Combat:

1. @player3333902
  2. Hanger Robbers: 4 soak, 5/10 wounds, 2/2 men
  3. @Lotr_Nerd

@player3333902 , if you want to narrate your killing one of the robbers I'll get their response up. :)

Korriban Combat

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard: 3 soak, 16/16 wounds, 14/14 2, 1 defence, adversary 2,

@SithArissa feel free to add your narration of responding to the attack as well, I was just working with the dodge and stuff for it.

@EliasWindrider and @player3333902 , I think it's just for you guys in Dantooine to narrate getting out of town. When you have that up I'll set the scene for the next part.

Edited by Rabobankrider

@Rabobankrider not gonna use it now, but whats your ruling on reflect and unleash? For the future.