Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2, cortosis armour
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men

@Stormbourne , you're up in combat here. :)

well since i only have a blaster pistol 1. maneuver to get to short 2. pew pew

pew pew : 2eA+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png

13 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

Tino destiny point : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Tino blaster shot : 3eA+1eD 3 successes

a-s-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png d-th-th.png

If i'm not wrong, the extra success can be converted to dmg?

indeed so dmg is calculated as such

base weapon dmg (+ brawn if melee) + all successes

4 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

well since i only have a blaster pistol 1. maneuver to get to short 2. pew pew

pew pew : 2eA+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png

Take 2 strain to do an aim. Can't hurt.

2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Take 2 strain to do an aim. Can't hurt.

nah most that will happen is that id get net 0, 3A not worth it

1 minute ago, Stormbourne said:

nah most that will happen is that id get net 0, 3A not worth it

Could up your defense for the next turn with 3 advantage I think?

1 minute ago, SithArissa said:

Could up your defense for the next turn with 3 advantage I think?

takes 2A to add one black to next check

@Rabobankrider i'll spend the 2A to add black against the pirates combating me on their next check

@Rabobankrider do you mind if i dictate a non-mechanical element of play?

if cathy kitten has dropped out what happens with teetoe, who's currently shuffling Excal'ur, elias's AC out of combat

17 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

In the previous campaign, Korath had 3 mephite crystals but no kimber stone

Yes, which you can't have under this system , so some adjustments are warranted, and the Kimber Stone if of relative parity to Mephite in terms of damage (Stun only), and mods.

@Stormbourne what non-mechanical element were you thinking of?

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne what non-mechanical element were you thinking of?

that mechanically i have a RAW lightsaber but from a narrative angle that i have a phantom blade that i summon using force and a kyber crystal

I think I'd already said I'd be willing to let Avalon take a custom mastery in conjure to allow that type of thing, but it is also up to the next gm.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think I'd already said I'd be willing to let Avalon take a custom mastery in conjure to allow that type of thing, but it is also up to the next gm.

i feel that this is going to be easily say that mechanically avalon has a lightsaber but narratively he doesn't

9 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, which you can't have under this system , so some adjustments are warranted, and the Kimber Stone if of relative parity to Mephite in terms of damage (Stun only), and mods.

In the previous systems you needed 2/3 crystals to do a dual/tri phase saber, that was the benefit you got from 3 crystals, in this system you get the equivalent dual phase attachment without needing extra crystals

But when I said previous campaign I meant the jedi quest campaign under THIS system, in which the gm, @awayputurwpn disallowed you from getting a kimber stone for free, so you added it between 2 sequential campaigns under this system which is clearly bogus.

And this next one shows that you accepted the ruling played the character that way

So yeah you most definitely added the kimber stone between campaigns under this system without going on any adventures to acquire it.

Edited by EliasWindrider
13 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

In the previous systems you needed 2/3 crystals to do a dual/tri phase saber, that was the benefit you got from 3 crystals, in this system you get the equivalent dual phase attachment without needing extra crystals

But when I said previous campaign I meant the jedi quest campaign under THIS system, in which the gm, @awayputurwpn disallowed you from getting a kimber stone for free, so you added it between 2 sequential campaigns under this system which is clearly bogus.

And this next one shows that you accepted the ruling played the character that way

So yeah you most definitely added the kimber stone between campaigns under this system without going on any adventures to acquire it.

Before Awayputurwpn took over, Korath started that campaign under Killerbeardhawk with a Mephite crystal, a Kimber stone, and a Pontite crystal. I've foregone the Pontite for two reasons: there aren't any stats for a base, unmodified Pontite crystal (the only example of a Pontite crystal is in the Greelwood lightsaber from NoP ); and secondly, I want to save that slot for if/when I can get my hands on a Solari crystal.

Besides, you're missing my point with my post to @TheShard , He's allowed to keep the gear he already had. He doesn't have to buy everything anew. That is the point.

17 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

that mechanically i have a RAW lightsaber but from a narrative angle that i have a phantom blade that i summon using force and a kyber crystal

Why don't you just use a normal lightsaber as well as learn Conjure to create a "phantom" sword as per RAW, and use them two weapon style?

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

Why don't you just use a normal lightsaber as well as learn Conjure to create a "phantom" sword as per RAW, and use them two weapon style?

cause that's not how the knights radiant worked

also cause standard melee is substantially weaker then any lightsaber

I'm gonna then have my signature saber, but I'll build his armor in game.

It'll be his ancestors cortosis plate but fixed up. Narratively he has it but hasn't reforged it into a working set.

@Rabobankrider forget what i said earlier i just stumble over this

When a PC altempts to use the Force for an action that is
not covered by any Force power they possess, the GM can
allow them to make a combined Force power check. The difficulty
of the check is at the GM's discretion based on the
task attempted, but should generally be at least Average . Likewise. the GM decides how many FP the check
must generate to achieve the player's stated effect. The skill
used for the check should correspond to the action, particularly
when it represents a more potent (or stylish) version
of an action a character might attempt without use of
the Force. For instance, a character drawing on the Force to
staunch an ally's bleeding wound would make a combined
Medicine check. If no other skill seems particularly appropri ate,
Discipline works well for most · pure" Force uses.

P. 90 of Unlimited Power

latter on the same page they do describe this scenario of powers already in the book but not purchased by the player not sure which you'd want to use

This sort of freeform Force use should not take the place of
existing Force powers. If a player describes an action that
replicates the effect of a Force power, the GM could either
let the player know their character does not possess the
expertise yet (and suggest the player invest the proper XP
to show their character's pursuit of this ability!. or possibly
allow them to achieve similar but lesser results, and only
with a combined check of at least Hard dinculty.
As a guideline, it should also require double the number of
FP as the existing power. This reflects the difficulty of such
untrained use, and encourages players to invest XP in powers
they plan to use again. Regard less of the relative difficulty of the check or the generated, it should not mimic
the results of any Force power upgrades. Such control is
simply beyond the grasp of a character without extensive
practice in the technique.

Edited by Stormbourne
Just now, Stormbourne said:

cause that's not how the knights radiant worked

also cause standard melee is substantially weaker then any lightsaber

Yes, it is. That's part of the trade off. And he's not training as a "Knights Radiant . He's training as a Jedi . And a Jedi uses a proper lightsaber that he built himself. And Conjure doesn't allow you to create weapons more complicated than a simple melee weapon. By the time the starting characters will be building their lightsabers, it'll be someone else's turn to GM, or we'll have a full time GM, or both. And I've already put my vote in for not allowing any changes from RAW regarding Conjure . If you want a narrative "phantom blade" you'll have to make due with what Conjure allows you to create. If you want something the power of a lightsaber, you need to build an actual lightsaber.

3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, it is. That's part of the trade off. And he's not training as a "Knights Radiant . He's training as a Jedi . And a Jedi uses a proper lightsaber that he built himself. And Conjure doesn't allow you to create weapons more complicated than a simple melee weapon. By the time the starting characters will be building their lightsabers, it'll be someone else's turn to GM, or we'll have a full time GM, or both. And I've already put my vote in for not allowing any changes from RAW regarding Conjure . If you want a narrative "phantom blade" you'll have to make due with what Conjure allows you to create. If you want something the power of a lightsaber, you need to build an actual lightsaber.

different universe same thing, the knights radiants a group of individuals sworn to protect the lands of Roshar, empowered by the investiture that lies within life itself to combat those you would wield that power in destructive and self severing ways

28 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

@Rabobankrider forget what i said earlier i just stumble over this

P. 90 of Unlimited Power

Yes, but the Free form Force Use rules still have limitations, and don't allow the Force power in question to do things outside of the spirit of the ability, or more complex. The Developers already ruled that what you wanted to create was not possible. It is well beyond the scope of the power. Staunching bloodloss is not beyond the scope of Heal combined with Medicine . Heck, it's not even beyond the scope of the basic Heal power itself with the proper Control upgrade to heal critical injuries. Conjure does not have that same scope in regards to weapons creation. What the power could let you create (at the GM's discretion) is a simple tool, such as a hammer or wrench, or, if you really wanted to stretch the power, using the "Freeform Force use" rules, a scuplture. But you can't create complex mechanisms. That is way beyond the scope of that power, even using Free form rules, which, are themselves, completely optional, and solely up to an individual GM's discretion, as to what they can and cannot achieve. What you want to create is potentially game breaking.

19 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

different universe same thing, the knights radiants a group of individuals sworn to protect the lands of Roshar, empowered by the investiture that lies within life itself to combat those you would wield that power in destructive and self severing ways

Not quite the same thing. And, as you pointed out, Different universe . And that is the key. This is Star Wars , not whatever those "Radiant Knights" come from.

However, this is not the place for this discussion. Save it for the Miscellaneous thread.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
18 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Before Awayputurwpn took over, Korath started that campaign under Killerbeardhawk with a Mephite crystal, a Kimber stone, and a Pontite crystal. I've foregone the Pontite for two reasons: there aren't any stats for a base, unmodified Pontite crystal (the only example of a Pontite crystal is in the Greelwood lightsaber from NoP ); and secondly, I want to save that slot for if/when I can get my hands on a Solari crystal.

Besides, you're missing my point with my post to @TheShard , He's allowed to keep the gear he already had. He doesn't have to buy everything anew. That is the point.

At the beginning of this campaign Korath didn't already have a kimber stone, and you've made a habit of sneaking "previous gear" that actually wasn't past multiple GMs.

3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yes, but the Free form Force Use rules still have limitations, and don't allow the Force power in question to do things outside of the spirit of the ability, or more complex. The Developers already ruled that what you wanted to create was not possible. It is well beyond the scope of the power. Staunching bloodloss is not beyond the scope of Heal combined with Medicine . Heck, it's not even beyond the scope of the basic Heal power itself with the proper Control upgrade to heal critical injuries. Conjure does not have that same scope in regards to weapons creation. What the power could let you create (at the GM's discretion) is a simple tool, such as a hammer or wrench, or, if you really wanted to stretch the power, using the "Freeform Force use" rules, a scuplture. But you can't create complex mechanisms. That is way beyond the scope of that power, even using Free form rules, which, are themselves, completely optional, and solely up to an individual GM's discretion, as to what they can and cannot achieve. What you want to create is potentially game breaking.

i want to know what is it you think i am asking for when i say i want a phantom lightsaber