Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Other than being a street kid who has had to fend for himself for who knows how long rather than being a low ranking member of the military and therefore not being accustomed to taking orders.

Touché

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Touché 

Hey if the guy wants to RP a deathwish, he can. That'd be a sad start to a Jedi Academy, but whatever.

@Rabobankrider @Jonas Shaaf

how about a competitive check to see who get the lightsaber

7 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Hey if the guy wants to RP a deathwish, he can. That'd be a sad start to a Jedi Academy, but whatever.

hey i ain't play a deathwish character just one who enjoys life and has no ****s to give

9 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

how about a competitive    check to see who get the lightsaber       

Uh. No. Jonas has already burned multiple actions dealing with the little thief. Accept that you've been outplayed, run like **** and get revenge later :)

23 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Uh. No. Jonas has already burned multiple actions dealing with the little thief. Accept that you've been outplayed, run like **** and get revenge later :)

hey avalon was saving you from the pirates as you where undoubtedly captured and being forced at gunpoint to reveal jedi secrets

also it would be better in my hands as i am not blind so you may call this petty but i will spend a destiny to grab the lightsaber from the air if need be

Edited by Stormbourne
51 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

but  i wi  ll spend a destiny to grab the lightsaber fro  m t  he air if need be 

We've been through this w/ @TrampGraphics and @CathyKitten. GM ruled no using DP to undo another player's action.

4 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

hey avalon was saving you from the pirates as you where undoubtedly captured and being forced at gunpoint to reveal jedi secrets

also it would be better in my hands as i am not blind so you may call this petty but i will spend a destiny to grab the lightsaber from the air if need be

@Stormbourne , Avalon's actions didn't save Jonas. His actions escalated a situation that could have been dealt with peacefully into an unnecessary combat; a mess that Korath and Jonas now have to clean up, hopefully without having to kill anyone.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Like how you think a group of pirates that had a gun to someones head were only provoked by a small boy and would be completely peaceful otherwise.

@Rabobankrider Should I roll a Force Die for Jar for a Destiny Pool?

22 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Like how you think a group of pirates that had a gun to someones head were only provoked by a small boy and would be completely peaceful otherwise.

With the right skill checks? Yes. And, at the time, they didn't literally have a gun to Jonas' head anyway. The captain simply had his hand on Jonas' shoulder.

To quote @Rabobankrider :

What they were hearing was Jonas and his capture heading int their direction. The captain had clamped a hand o the jedi's shoulder and had been guiding him ahead of the himself. Since they had begun on their hunt for 'The Rearper' the remaining crew members had been gathered as well, and were moving quietly behind the pair. 'Remember our deal jedi' the captain would mutter. 'You deal with whatever it is down here, and we leave you in peace'.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

If i take awhile to reply, please forgive me as my national exams are in 2 months so im going to be swamped.

9 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

If i take awhile to reply, please forgive me as my national exams are in 2 months so im going to be swamped.

all good

8 hours ago, player3333902 said:

You appear to have your priorities in the right order. For me my family and job come before gaming.

Manaan Combat:

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men

@Stormbourne , I'd say to reach for something on his belt @Jonas Shaaf will be fine, in the same way you don't need to look in your pockets to find keys etc.

@Jonas Shaaf , you will need a magnitude of 3 to cover dissapear from all 3 targets. You'll need a vs discipline vs @Stormbourne as he is a pc, and one against the captain because he is an important nemesis. The check for him will be vs 2eD

@Stormbourne if you wanted you could grab a melee weapon (+1 damage from a knife or a pipe or something equally thuggish), or a blaster pistol from the two you stabbed earlier. If we are looking at it from a mechanical point of view, it probably makes sense for @Jonas Shaaf to use the lightsaber do to his ranks and skills. The ones you stabbed would still be at engaged range as well so that's not a problem.

@EliasWindrider , I'd said for the premonition that you would know the force user leading the enemy is in a village to the east (I think, the direction is not too important at this stage). You'd know a shuttle off world is also heading to that same village. In terms of vision details you would see a grassy plane coated in flames with a crumbling village in the background filled with shrieks and screams. In the foreground you would see a pale man dressed in inky black robes holding a lightsaber. He raises the lightsaber to attack you, and before the vision fades you'd hear a scream from him saying 'Korath!'

The pirates were probably going to enter into combat anyway because, you know, pirates. Avalon did however jump start the combat by killing 2 pirates. It would have however been exceedingly difficult to talk your ways out of the situation regardless.

@Lotr_Nerd , if you haven't already rolled for dp's, then go ahead :)

@player3333902 , no worries, thanks for the heads up!

Koriban Combat:

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard 1: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival
  3. Tomb Guard 2: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival

As a quick reminder, the only time you can spend a dp 'at' another player is to help, lets try and avoid in fighting, because that will get you all killed (by me, when I get tired of it).

Also lets moderate theft from other players now. I don't want to ban it outright as I didn't ban pvp, but you guys are mean to work together, if only for ooc reasons at this stage.

Let's just try and keep things civil yeah? I would like use to complete at least one session before a potential implosion.

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , I'd say to reach for something on his belt @Jonas Shaaf will be fine, in the same way you don't need to look in your pockets to find keys etc.

@Stormbourne if you wanted you could grab a melee weapon (+1 damage from a knife or a pipe or something equally thuggish), or a blaster pistol from the two you stabbed earlier. If we are looking at it from a mechanical point of view, it probably makes sense for @Jonas Shaaf to use the lightsaber do to his ranks and skills. The ones you stabbed would still be at engaged range as well so that's not a problem.

i'll grab a blaster from the fallen pirate then

Korath is going to activate Fated Duel to face the leader one on one.

Fated Duel (Discipline) : 3eP+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-th.png

For the next three rounds, no one can interfere with our fight and we can't take on anyone except each other.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Rabobankrider suffer another 2 strain for 8 total to use Resist Disarm so I keep my sabers. Then as an oot incidental flip a destiny point to regain 5 strain with Intense Presence.

Oh wait the 2nd one missed so it was 5 strain total. So I'm back to 0.

Edited by SithArissa
Math how does it work?

Cool, I'll edit that later

Yay 12 darkside destiny. +60 crit.

Saber Attack : 2eB+4eP+1eA+3eF+2eD+1eC+1eS 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
b-a.png b-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p--.png a-s-s.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png c-f.png s-f.png

6 damage. Triumph to begin the crit. 2 advantage to add +10. 2 DS pips to add +20 (total +30) +20 from Lethal Blows (total +50) +60 from Juyo Savagery (Total +110)

Critical : 1d100+110 175

Second opponent is down.

2 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Saber Attack : 2eB+4eP+1eA+3eF+2eD+1eC+1eS 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
b-a.png b-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p--.png a-s-s.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png c-f.png s-f.png

6 damage. Triumph to begin the crit. 2 advantage to add +10. 2 DS pips to add +20 (total +30) +20 from Lethal Blows (total +50) +60 from Juyo Savagery (Total +110)

Critical : 1d100+110 175

Second opponent is down.

jebus forken H christ would you like to send you crit across the galaxy to help us?

14 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

jebus forken H christ would you like to send you crit across the galaxy to help us?

You too can enjoy crits like this and more! All you have to do is join the winning side.

3 hours ago, SithArissa said:

You too can enjoy crits like this and more! All you have to do is join the winning side.

nien takk

On 8/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , you will need a magnitude of 3 to cover dissapear from all 3 targets. You'll need a vs discipline vs @Stormbourne as he is a pc, and one against the captain because he is an important nemesis. The check for him will be vs 2eD

Starting off with the Force Dice...

Misdirect (Force Dice) : 6eF 4 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

Which is enough to activate the base + magnitude three times. Also, I'll dedicate 2 force dice to leave this up for the rest of the encounter.

Versus the Captain:

Discipline vs. Captain : 4eP+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-a.png p-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Versus Avalon:

Versus Avalon : 4eP+1eD+2eC 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png d-th.png c-d.png c-f-th.png

Finally taking a maneuver to disengage from the pile-on and move to short range.

Edited by Jonas Shaaf
forgot maneuver