By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

: 3eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b--.png b--.png b-a-a.png

Well then...

1 hour ago, player3333902 said:

Well then...

5 advantage could be use to have them not be able to follow you. Like an environmental hazard or something.

5 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Well then...

Wow, you're having bad luck, but 5 advantage is nothing to sneeze... at it's pretty close to a triumph, maybe enough for the 1 stormtrooper who saw you slipped off the wall hits his head and gets a concussion so it buys us 15 minutes before they can start to track us again.

Fyi 3 yellow is approximately equivalent to 4 green in terms of success rate. 3 green vs 2 purple is about 50% success rate, so you'd want 4 green or 3 yellow vs. 2 purple for "good" odds (*noticably* more success than failures). Attributes affect many skills so it's a lower xp way to get broadly competent relative to boosting many individual skills. While spending 5 xp on a class skill you're mildly interested in, isn't a bad choice, I see little reason other than interaction with talents to get more than 3 ranks in something you want to hard core focus on. Of course looking at the master characters build suggests that I hold a minority opinion in that regard and there's a lot more to gaming than an optimized build.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Wow, you're having bad luck, but 5 advantage is nothing to sneeze... at it's pretty close to a triumph, maybe enough for the 1 stormtrooper who saw you slipped off the wall hits his head and gets a concussion so it buys us 15 minutes before they can start to track us again.

Fyi 3 yellow is approximately equivalent to 4 green in terms of success rate. 3 green vs 2 purple is about 50% success rate, so you'd want 4 green or 3 yellow vs. 2 purple for "good" odds (*noticably* more success than failures). Attributes affect many skills so it's a lower xp way to get broadly competent relative to boosting many individual skills. While spending 5 xp on a class skill you're mildly interested in, isn't a bad choice, I see little reason other than interaction with talents to get more than 3 ranks in something you want to hard core focus on. Of course looking at the master characters build suggests that I hold a minority opinion in that regard and there's a lot more to gaming than an optimized build.

XD. I've had really really bad stuff happening the past few days so... no surprise tbh.

Sorry for the delay all.

@Tramp Graphics , it's not apparently, you are all at engaged range as I said.

@Lotr_Nerd , I'm going to say yes because it is an ion weapon. If you want to narrate that @player3333902 you are up after that I think.

@player3333902 you could indeed use your advantage to say that the mandalorians can't follow even if they know where you are, or maybe you find a way to get out of the city? It's really up to you, the best way to think about it is 'well, that didn't work, but on the bright side...'.

Korriban Combat

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard 1: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival
  3. Tomb Guard 2: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival

@SithArissa , before I go ahead (because I have forgotten with others in the past) what are your defences like at the moment (in terms of setback or upgrades to an enemies attack).

Manaan Combat

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  3. Pirate Captain: Soak 5, wounds 20/20, strain 12/12, defence 1, adversary 2
  4. Pirate Crew 2: Soak 4, wounds 15/25, 3/5 men
  5. Pirate Crew 3: Soak 4, wounds 24/25, 5/5 men
  6. @Stormbourne
  7. Pirate Crew 1: Soak 4, wounds 25/25, 5/5 men

You guys are back up to the top of the imitative round now.

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Manaan Combat

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  6. @Stormbourne

the pirates grappled me yes? difficulty to break free?

@Rabobankrider right now 2 difficulty 3 setback only. And Parry for 13 if they do hit. Wont use Dodge atm.

Edited by SithArissa

@Stormbourne , mechanically they aren't grappling, it's more a narrative tool at that point. You can just squirm out from among them.

@SithArissa , cool,m I'll try sort your post tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , mechanically they aren't grappling, it's more a narrative tool at that point. You can just squirm out from among them.

with the misdirect ended i scramble over to the lightsaber and reactivate it swinging it at the pirate group im dealing with

lightsaber combat : 2eA+1eP+2eD 0 successes
a-s.png a-s-a.png p-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

4 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

with the misdirect ended i scramble over to the lightsaber and reactivate it swinging it at the pirate group im dealing with

lightsaber combat : 2eA+1eP+2eD 0 successes
a-s.png a-s-a.png p-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

Know that feel bro.

2 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

Know that feel bro.

your trying to tempt me to the dark side aren't you

Just now, Stormbourne said:

your trying to tempt me to the dark side aren't you

Well yeah but still Know that feel.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry for the delay all.

@Tramp Graphics , it's not apparently, you are all at engaged range as I said.

@Lotr_Nerd , I'm going to say yes because it is an ion weapon. If you want to narrate that @player3333902 you are up after that I think.

@player3333902 you could indeed use your advantage to say that the mandalorians can't follow even if they know where you are, or maybe you find a way to get out of the city? It's really up to you, the best way to think about it is 'well, that didn't work, but on the bright side...'.

Korriban Combat

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard 1: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival
  3. Tomb Guard 2: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival

@SithArissa , before I go ahead (because I have forgotten with others in the past) what are your defences like at the moment (in terms of setback or upgrades to an enemies attack).

Manaan Combat

1. @Jonas Shaaf
  2. @Tramp Graphics
  6. @Stormbourne

@player3333902 maybe you realize you're speeder bike is parked in the alley next to the building whose roof we're on?

5 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

Not your turn, buddy. And that lightsaber ain't going to be there when it is...

1 minute ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Not your turn, buddy. And that lightsaber ain't going to be there when it is...

your blind you can see where it is to take it even with the force

Just now, Stormbourne said:

your blind you can see where it is to take it even with the force

I don't have to. Three words: Magnetic Weapon Tether.

Just now, Jonas Shaaf said:

I don't have to. Three words: Magnetic Weapon Tether.

you fumble at the belt then cause your blind

@Rabobankrider Jonas is going to magnetic weapon tether to grab the lightsaber as an incidental. Following that, use Misdirect to just plain disappear, targeting the Pirate Crew, the Pirate Captain, and Avalon (in that order). Do I need an opposed skill check? If so, what?

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

you fumble at the belt then cause your blind

If that's the GM's ruling, fine. But you're not the GM, bro.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

@Rabobankrider Jonas is going to magnetic weapon tether to grab the lightsaber as an incidental. Following that, use Misdirect to just plain disappear, targeting the Pirate Crew, the Pirate Captain, and Avalon (in that order). Do I need an opposed skill check? If so, what?

well if your trying to target me i would be at least hard upgraded twice

3 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

If that's the GM's ruling, fine. But you're not the GM, bro.

again true but i really don't want to have nothing to whack these pirates with

it also depends on whether it's still with in engaged range

Edited by Stormbourne
7 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

again true but i really     do  n't want to have nothing to whack these pirates with        

And Jonas feels the same way...

it also depends on whether it       's  still with in engaged rang  e 

See the above discussion w/ @TrampGraphics... Everybody is engaged.

Edited by Jonas Shaaf
spelling
2 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

the one i stab however stubbed away before collapsing so may be a short

@Rabobankrider . I cant find the details of the premonition and seek answers that I thought you pm'd me, I was going to relay it to Akua and comm directions to the folks in the arc 170 with the warning about the super sinister force user

The premonition was in this thread not pm.

Edited by EliasWindrider
14 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

well if your trying to target me i would be at least hard upgraded twice

again true but i really don't want to have nothing to whack these pirates with

it also depends on whether it's still with in engaged range

7 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

And Jonas feels the same way...

the one i stab however stubbed away before collapsing so may be a short

The only ones at short range are the ones Korath used the Bind movement upgrade on to shove them off of Avalon. And if Jonas has recovered his saber, Avalon has no excuse for not following Korath’s order to retreat up the stairs.

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The only ones at short range are the ones Korath used the Bind movement upgrade on to shove them off of Avalon. And if Jonas has recovered his saber, Avalon has no excuse for not following Korath’s order to retreat up the stairs.

Other than being a street kid who has had to fend for himself for who knows how long rather than being a low ranking member of the military and therefore not being accustomed to taking orders.