Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Not quite. First off, they can't see nor sense me because of the use of Misdirect . So, no.

I intend to whisper in his ear and make him want to leave immediately, whether that's through the Emotion/Belief upgrade, or the Social Checks upgrade.

ah so mind ****ery that's always fun

1 minute ago, Stormbourne said:

ah so mind ****ery that's always fun

Exactly. ? So, please, give me a chance to actually do this .

Edited by Tramp Graphics
8 hours ago, CathyKitten said:

"Thats not how the Force works!"

In the immediately previous incarnation of the star wars rpg (saga) everyone had their own personal pool of destiny points (you got one per level), in rcr and weg each character got their own pool of force points (the equivalent of destiny points in Saga, Saga also had force points that were kind of like character points in weg). Basically in every incarnation of the swrpg each character got their own, ffg had a different interpretation about this issue than everyone else, which for the most part I think is better but it does permit free loading which some players are more inclined to than others.

3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Done.

@Tramp Graphics i think you confused excal'ur and akua i have 4 she has 3

Edited by Stormbourne
3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Thanks. ? Of course, if I were @Jonas Shaaf , I would spend that Despair to have him catch Avalon lifting his saber, regardless.

That's not quite a Despair. Getting caught because Avalon accidentally grabbed Jonas' junk while he was taking the saber, that's a Despair...

11 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

That's not quite a Despair. Getting caught because Avalon accidentally grabbed Jonas' junk while he was taking the saber, that's a Despair...

I have him turn it on then throw it at you :)

1 hour ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

the despair is supposed to affect me not you so the pirates see and immediately draw beads on me is a despair

@Rabobankrider , do i need to post anything in the ic for my inner peace?

10 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

the despair is supposed to affect       me not you so the pirates see and  immediately draw  beads on me is a despair 

I was joking btw ?

The pirates certainly already noticed Avalon's crying. I think Tramp's idea for Despair made more sense...

But, hey, none of us are the GM.

15 minutes ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

I was joking btw ?

The pirates certainly already noticed Avalon's crying. I think Tramp's idea for Despair made more sense...

But, hey, none of us are the GM.

True that @Rabobankrider how deep a **** is avalon in?

@CathyKitten , when you have a chance you can respond to the stranger in the cave. :)

@Stormbourne , the stealth check on Dantooine is for when the ship heads out of range, assuming you guys want to look for fuel soon.

@Lotr_Nerd , you're still up for Tatooine?

Korriban Initiative:

1. @SithArissa
  2. Tomb Guard 1: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival
  3. Tomb Guard 2: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival
  4. Tomb Guard 3: soak 7, wounds 15/15 armour 1, rival

@SithArissa you are up and they are at short range in front of you. :)

@EliasWindrider , for the disadvantage I think I'll say that the enemy is close behind so you don't have too long till they find you.

Fuel and the force user are in a town to the east of the capital. It's a very long walk but a short drive with speeders etc. A way of planet is currently above the city in the form of a shuttle, but it also seems to be making its way east.

For the forsee I'm going to pm you as I need a couple of details to make it proper.

@player3333902 , I'd say for your advantage that rather than the enemy finding you, they find evidence of you which puts them back on the hunt. 4 advantage is a fair amount, so this seems ok.

@EliasWindrider , I did implement a separate pool in Revans War, but because I have already started with a shared pool (thinking this would go faster to gather everyone) I'd like to avoid having to reroll for each planet. I will start flipping dp's soon (I frankly forgot about them) so you will have more to play with soon.

@Stormbourne , I think for the crit I'm going to try something a little more chaotic and say as you swipe the saber you accidentally ignite it. Should be interesting if nothing else ?

@Tramp Graphics , considering the mental fortitude of the captain, you'd be looking at 3 red and with how much effort they went to get here 3 black. I'll also be flipping a dp at this point because I need to spend some.

I think that covers everything, thanks for your patience guys. :) If I have missed anything please let me know.

@Rabobankrider do these guys have any special defences I need to add to my rolls?

Nothing other than what I have listed already :)

Saber Attack : 4eB+4eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 11 advantage
b-a-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

Wow, uh hmmm ?

XD why are you like this. Do you have any initial ideas for your advantages? With this amount something pretty **** dramatic can happen, so feel free to be creative.

Edited by Rabobankrider
4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

XD why are you like this. Do you have any initial ideas for your advantages? With this amount something pretty **** dramatic can happen, so feel free to be creative.

Yeah I'm just looking up uses, FML.

And I moved to engaged range obviously.

Edited by SithArissa

Feel free to dip into the forged in battle book, they have some good recommendations for different combat environments. I can link it if you need. Also it doesn't have to be book based, advantages is great for thinking outside of the box.

@Rabobankrider I'll spend 6 to give myself +2 defence for a total of 5 till my next turn if I can. One to notice something important. I would like to then spend the last 4 to damage a pillar or something in the environment so one of the guys has to go around it to get to me? And I'll parry probably on most of their attacks.

Edited by SithArissa

With that amount of advantage I think that seems fair. I'd say the important thing you spot is that their shadows cast by the torches are not normal. They seem to be permanently linked to the shadows at the edge of the wall as if linked somehow.

There isn't really any pillars, but you could smash up some wall if you want.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

With that amount of advantage I think that seems fair. I'd say the important thing you spot is that their shadows cast by the torches are not normal. They seem to be permanently linked to the shadows at the edge of the wall as if linked somehow.

There isn't really any pillars, but you could smash up some wall if you want.

Can I smash a wall with a torch on it then?

Sure

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Stormbourne , I think for the crit I'm going to try something a little more chaotic and say as you swipe the saber you accidentally ignite it. Should be interesting if nothing else ?

well it's a ghostfire crystal so the blade isn't all that visible but the hum of the saber is there

It'd probably be enough for them to freak out about it, so that's fine

reading the IC post are they pinning me or jonas?

Edited by Stormbourne

They have made the leap that you two are together, but with the lightsaber in your hands they've only grabbed Jonas at the moment.