CAPA Cup

By Truthiness, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I'm excited to see everyone tomorrow!

I look forward to trying to remember how to play this game. ?

@Rfrankum Is 10am when sign-in starts or the first round starts?

Thanks for adding armada this year

9 minutes ago, CyborgNinja said:

@Rfrankum Is 10am when sign-in starts or the first round starts?

Thanks for adding armada this year

The start time is 10am. Their schedule has 9-10 labeled as sign in on the website.

23 minutes ago, Stasy said:

The start time is 10am. Their schedule has 9-10 labeled as sign in on the website.

Oh! I missed that. I will have to leave very early tomorrow morning!

@Stasy Thanks! Ha that's what I get for checking the site quickly at work...

I forgot to print my list @Rfrankum . I'll be writing it in tomorrow.

I will not be attending CAPA Cup unfortunately, I am not feeling well this morning. I drank an old smoothie and now I'm feeling sick to my stomach. :( Really bummed I couldn't meet you guys today.

Event has been very nice so far, getting started in round 3 now. @Truthiness and @CyborgNinja fighting it out at the top (I think)

@CyborgNinja ended up winning overall, played an excellent final match. Hopefully next time he’ll pull out his large MC80 that he finally finished painting!

A very well run tournament, I’m pretty sure everyone had a good time.

I had a blast despite struggling to beat the bye in round 2. Dead last overall. Womp-womp. ? ?

My fire has definitely been stoked... I wanna play more Armada.

Edited by Stasy

@emsgoof yeah, a nice tournament I'd encourage others to check out next year. Thanks again, @Rfrankum

@Stasy if you're ever interested in trying out vassal for games, I'd be up for playing.

I came late due to a rough start this morning, so I couldn't compete. But thanks for playing a casual game with me @Rfrankum , you are always friendly to play Armada with.

It was also good to see you other guys in real life, I didn't properly meet most of you but I got to hang out with @Stasy and @JolliGreenGiant .

Pictures from my game with @Rfrankum .

After round 1.

rv28K28.jpg

vbYZjfE.jpg

After round 3

FOB2RSK.jpg

After round 5

oZ6wEHJ.jpg

Triple ISDs won the game. :D Ron beat me 7-4.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
50 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Pictures from my game with @Rfrankum .

After round 1.

rv28K28.jpg

vbYZjfE.jpg

After round 3

FOB2RSK.jpg

After round 5

oZ6wEHJ.jpg

Triple ISDs won the game. :D Ron beat me 7-4.

How many ISD centered builds were there?

Well, this was just a casual game. There were nine players in the tournament, so there was a bye, I showed up very late and played against Ron, because had a bye in the third round. But he told me this was not his list in the actual tournament.

I don't remember all the other lists, but I think they might have been all Rebel? Someone who was there for the whole tournament would probably know.

3 Imp and 6 Reb.