CAPA Cup

By Truthiness, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Looks like the CAPA Cup in Central PA is adding Armada this year! @BiggsIRL and I are both relatively close, so it's looking pretty likely that Steel Command will have a 67% showing.

https://www.capacup.net

Edited by Truthiness

This may be a silly question, but does this mean this will be a location for Regionals? I've never entered a tournament, but I'm considering it this year. And there's no info about Regional locations on FFG's website, as far as I can tell. I live in Philadelphia, so this isn't too far from me (about two hours, I don't know if there will be a closer Regional).

No clue. If they create more Regionals for Armada this season like they're doing for X-Wing, I suppose it's a possibility.

Ooo, my in-laws live pretty close to this, so I'll be seriously considering making the trip out from Cleveland. Does anyone know what sort of prize support they've typically offered in the past for the non-Armada tournaments, or what to expect this year for Armada? I'd probably go just for the games, but when justifying a 6-hour drive any additional perks help.

71db39_cdd9adce6f034aa6a8adcb4689671b82~

It's on the web page. Looks like they're doing the wooden command decks tray for Armada.

Edited by Truthiness
16 hours ago, Truthiness said:

71db39_cdd9adce6f034aa6a8adcb4689671b82~

It's on the web page. Looks like they're doing the wooden command decks tray for Armada.

Ah, I see that now. Thanks.

I will be attending barring any newborn related issues. I think this is their first swing at Armada at the Cup. And it's also right outside of Hershey, so if I do poorly, I can always go ride some Rollercoasters. ? ?

@Stasy Congrats on the baby news! I'll be there too, maybe we'll randomly play a third time haha.

I am attending CAPA Cup! ? But the ticket they e-mailed me says October 12 instead of October 13. ? Did anyone else have this problem? I contacted the organizer.

I just signed up, yes I chose Armada on Saturday but it popped as Friday in the email. Probably just an automated thing. When you go into eventzilla and look at your ticket info, it’ll show that you chose Saturday / Armada

Edited by emsgoof

Right now it only looks like 5 of us for Armada. Damnit I was hoping for a slightly better turnout a month out.

Come on people! Play me and come get an easy win! I haven't touched the game in months!!! DO IT! DO IT NOW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?! ?

Edit- Because my phone hated me today

HsGE95L.jpg

Edited by Stasy

Man, just saw that. Doesn't anyone play Armada in central PA?

Guess a more off-the-wall list would be more fitting with that few players.

I'm pretty sure it's a dead zone between Philly through Upstate NY. But you'd think more Philly guys would make the trip.

Maybe the 2.0 hype pulled some guys to that platform for the year.

I may be able to go, still figuring out plans for that weekend. Fingers crossed!

$30 is significantly pricier than a store tournament. Costs even more than Nationals, I think. Not a huge barrier for me, but I can see it being an issue for some (The Philly guys I usually play with don't have full-time work).

Hey, one more player just signed up for Armada! That makes six of us so far!

Edited by Bertie Wooster
1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

$30 is significantly pricier than a store tournament. Costs even more than Nationals, I think. Not a huge barrier for me, but I can see it being an issue for some (The Philly guys I usually play with don't have full-time work).

I can understand that for sure. I usually treat large events like this as a mini vacation for me. And to be honest, I'm not super concerned about winning over having a good time.

Although the capped Legion event at 12 people is definitely small. I'm not looking forward to getting beat up to a pulp by half of the field of players. ?

On 9/7/2018 at 10:33 AM, Stasy said:

And to be honest, I'm not super concerned about winning over having a good time.

Somewhat agree--I do have a competitive spirit, but not at the expense of everyone having fun. Which is why I hope we have an even number of players--Everyone gets to play three games (which is probably what everyone coming really wants to do).

I think I am going with my son but have not signed up yet.

I have now signed up

This is our first time with Armada so the bigger the turnout the better. It would great to get some of the Western PA and Philly/NJ folks involved. Also looking to NY and MD/VA. We have a small community here but really enjoy the game. The tournament is relaxed tier and the prize pool is impressive and growing. If you can come with your fleet sheets filled in (I will have sheets available) we can get going on time. Hope to see you all there on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Rfrankum said:

This is our first time with Armada so the bigger the turnout the better. It would great to get some of the Western PA and Philly/NJ folks involved. Also looking to NY and MD/VA. We have a small community here but really enjoy the game. The tournament is relaxed tier and the prize pool is impressive and growing. If you can come with your fleet sheets filled in (I will have sheets available) we can get going on time. Hope to see you all there on Saturday.

Thanks for hosting!

Thanks Ron! I just signed up, excited for the event!

2 hours ago, JolliGreenGiant said:

Thanks Ron! I just signed up, excited for the event!

Philly!

We are up to 11. Also received news of some FFG prize support. Look forward to seeing you there.