Post if you would like to see a reprint

By soberman, in Blue Moon

I had 4 of the expansion decks for a couple of years that I never played because, lacking the base game, I didn't know how. Pretty frustrating since I couldn't find the base at a reasonable price anywhere. Lucky for me, while on a business trip to Portland, OR, I found a used copy (in perfect condition) at a store called Guardian Games for $18.

But I was lucky. I think the game deserves another print.

A side note: that game store was the coolest I have ever been in. Worth a visit if you're ever in Portland. They have a huge demo library, great staff and dozens of tables.

Massimo

from Turin Italy. Please FFG reprint Blue Moon i'm looking for a base set but can't find it.

Reprint !!!!

FellowsBrokenknee said:

Dear Fantasy Flight,

With the release of Dragonheart you can no longer say it is too expensive to remold the dragons for Blue Moon. Please re-release the game. It even looks like you'll be remaking the same size board. Your only complaint now can be the card size, which as I've suggested before, could be cropped to fit on Arkham Horror sized Mythos Cards.

Anyone here who agrees please respond as well.

I look forward to a reprint of this game and I seriously hope you will now consider it since most of the components are similar to the size and shapes used for Dragonheart.

Thanks you,

FellowsBrokenknee

Word.

I found out how awesome this game is. Reprint please!

Please, I'm not a big gamer, but this game is truly awesome.

Base game as well as all decks should be available for sell, from the official publisher, putting an end for the scalpers on ebay.

Man you got that right about Android. I was two-fifths into the rules when my 'broken sense' went off so loud I skimmed the rest and put it down. But come on, BrokenFellowKnees, what's the first? A little hint? Mention a game they might make that you, um, happen to like.

Mrs. Z, I get different tales on FFG. I so badly want them to be responsive in this way, and I hear good reports about their return of direct emails, but then there are comments like the last couple that make me wonder how such awesome components be made by an out-of-touch company. What do you base your remarks on? And please don't say because they take so long on their prints. Yea, verily, dealing with whatever company in China is not ideal, I've found, for them, but they might actually be doing justice to the polishing stages of games before they're released, so why do so many people say they don't give a ****?

(well, I have one guess: the quality of the miniatures you get. Often some are unplayable.)

Anyway, count me in on wanting a reprint of this game. I actually first looked at this thread because I thought someone was going to tell me how to get a copy. Hey, FFG, you've seen the awards, right? This game rocks and I want a starter deck! Print it or pass it on to a company that will!

I'm not paying $150 for the core game, so a reprint would be nice. After all, $25 to FFG from willing customers is probably going to be more money than $150 to some scalper from a few desperate rich people ;)

I own pretty much all I would have for myself with the exception of Pillar and Aqua (I know who does?) anyway YES I would LOVE to see a reprint! I too have been a bit dismayed that this one has gotten no more information than it has in that regard. I can absolutely say that without a doubt, even after I own all that I want from it, I would still purchase this, as it is a SURE FIRE great gift! I have taken to giving games to those I buy gifts for who have played with me in the past, so I can get an idea about their tastes and likes/dislikes. Christmas? Game!, Birthday? Game! my family is coming to expect and anticipate it, so yeah, this one would get plenty of purchasing from me just for that!

Fantastic game that I really hope gets to see the light of day once again!

I'm from Russia and here are many fans of this game. All of us are looking forward to reprinting!!! (Sorry for my English) = ^_^ =

Count me in. I have two copies of the base set but I would be glad if I could get multiple copies of each expansion. Plus if the game got back into print I would likely find more opponents.

After reading a review of this game on BGG, I rushed to my favorite boardgame site in hopes of finding a copy. I was pretty sad when I found out that the game is almost impossible to come by. I'd love a reprint of this game to be made available as it sounds like something me and my gaming group would really enjoy.

Absolutely. My wife and I fell in LOVE with BLUE MOON CITY, and even though the Blue Moon card game is totally different, we really want to play that as well. More fun in the same world and all that. Fingers crossed for a reprint soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite games to play. I own a copy of it with the expansions, and I would love to recommend this game to friends. But, I generally don't because it is so hard to find copies of it anymore. I would absolutely own a second copy of this game if FFG decided to reprint it.

On the other hand, I love the idea of re-implemented as a Living Card Game. I wonder Reiner Knizia would allow that?

I've been looking for an affordable set of Blue Moon for some time now. Blue Moon seemed to have had the same market strategy as the LCGs but with the limiting factor of a finite set that some of us appreciate more than others. If FFG wanted to get a higher customer commitment they could go for product with a higher price point. For example, they could package the core set with all the various expansions and promos in one box altogether (similar to the box size they already have for their LCG core sets), call it the "complete limited edition", and sell it. I'd buy it, and just looking around other game forums around the net confirms to me that others would too. If FFG was super concerned about upfront cost, they could even do this version as a special "Print on Demand" item, make the customer wait for 3 weeks for the printing to finish, and I would still buy it at about $65.

My logic: The set would come in at something like 342 cards + 3 dragons + one game board + 2 overview cards and one game rules. Right now all the core LCG sets are about $40 with the highest amount of cards being 226 (LotR), thats about $0.18/card. While a complete "limited edition" Blue Moon set would come in at about the same retail cost per card plus the rest of the game's inventory at around $62, if the AGoT LCG core set inventory is any indicator (+ 122 cards).

I guess the only obstacle remaining may be the licensing, permissions, etc. from Knizia? Or, is there some other problem with the game that we are unaware of?: Was it a poor seller when it was on the shelf? Did the focus groups look bored while they were taught to play it for the first time? Is Blue Moon City really so great a game that the original Blue Moon is considered obsolete by the manufacturer? Perhaps some of the creatures for the Arkham Horror department ate the idea of a reprint out of the minds of the staff.

Who knows...

As for the earlier comments directed at Android: I have never played the game, I've wanted to for some time, it could be terrible, but I was informed that the FAQ available on the website ( http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=495 ) is very helpful.

I would be very happy about a Reprint too. Here in Germany there is no chance to get one of the expansions after Mimix+Flit.

Sure I would like to see a reprint of this wonderful game. As a card game even though with larger cards they should be a bit pricier to produce, it seems it would be inexpensive enough to warrant another run. and though I generally am loving POD I would NOT want to see the new expansion decks come in this format if the same differences in the originals needed to be adhered to.

Admittedly I have most of the original in fact all of it but the two "Grail" races, but I will honestly say, there are a FEW people who would get this from me as gifts with a few races thrown in because it is such a unique expereince.

I'm glad I'm one of the first buyers of this game and all expansions.

Reading this thread makes me kinda sad and happy.

Happy seeing so many people like the game I love to play (but only can convince two other people around here :( ).

And Sad it's not being sold anymore, I didn't even know that.

I would support a reprint and even buy it, just to support this awesome game!

reprint please. i just bought the last expnsions during the FFG winter sale.

yes please reprint

Me too! Bring it back!

I totally lucked out when I got this game. THe game store was changing mamagment and they were clearencing it. I got the entire set! The main game and all other sets minus buka invasion for only $20 bucks. Best thing ever. my wife and I love playing it. Hard to find one she'ld play with me. We got the buka invasion and ended up paying the same price for the one set as we did for all teh others combined.

if it get more people playing this game than, totally, reprint the game!! I would not want to see it changed to a lcg I believe it would take away from the feel but i would absolutly love to see more expansions. They did the buka from allies and emmisaries. It be nice to have the other three factions as well.

Yes! Reprint please!

I am dieing for a reprint...

I am missing 3 card boxes to get the whole set, and that is frustrating. Aqua, Pillar, and one of the two non-clan expansions.

It is not that I am dieing to play those races. It is just that those boxes have a couple of cards from the other clans, and I cannot complete a 30-card solo-clan deck!!!!

Reprint please, or information if it is possible or not (rights to this title)?

I would like to see a reprint also.