Post if you would like to see a reprint

By soberman, in Blue Moon

There are still some decks for sale here and on other websites, but base sets are pretty much gone. While it is possible to just buy a few decks and play with them as is, it would be better if the core set were available, as well as all the other decks. I'm statring this topic in hopes that enough people post of their desire to see Blue Moon reprinted to have an impact, though it could easily be victimm of market forces beyond the scope and control of FFG. (So, I'm not trying to villify them.) Even if it doesn't help, It can't hurt.

What does hurt is the high prices this game is now fetching on ebay or the BGG marketplace. I lost my first set in a house fire, and had to pay dearly to replace it. A reprint, if feasible, would go a long way to help people like me, or those who missed the boat the first time around. So, post here if you want to vote for a new run of Blue Moon:

Of course, i would like the reprint, especially of Aqua and Pillar decks. I don't understand why the makers and publishers of this game made it absolete ? With these demands for this game like this, fans of Blue Moon card game will devour the board game stores if reprint will show there. And i bet - people would buy some decks for a double and even tripple price ! I sense a conspiracy behind this. Maybe the trick is to hold re-print to raise prices ? Anyways...i still have hope to see this precious reprint one day ! Amen.

Absolutely, why not?

sure! bring it on!

I would love to see Blue Moon come back. This is a great game by a great game designer. The artwork and the mechanics are beautiful. If FFG brings it back in a re-launch, I could see it becoming an integral part of the Living Card Games (LCG) concept that they have already begun. In fact, that might be a fun way to "bring it back to life." Of course, there are many who would love to see the now hard-to-find decks like Aqua and Pillar (and I am one of them)...but it would also be nice to see some new decks along with new fantasy artists as part of an official re-launch. FFG has already successfully done this with the revised Talisman by updating some old favorite content and also adding their own unique flare with new FFG content unique to the latest version.

I also think that making Blue Moon a real LCG could work. Probably with a slower release schedule.

would love to see a reprint, especially of the harder to get packs

I hope they didn't buy this game only for rid off competitor for FFG's LCG... :(

I would like to buy starter pack very much!!!

I would definitely buy the game if there was a reprint. If there is a concern over remolding the dragons, I don't think too many people would be concerned if they were replaced by colored wood shapes, whether they were cubes or cylinders. It would be more abstract, and not the original, but if that would allow for a reprint I can't see a reason to complain. If the cards are an awkward size, why not just reformat them to fit on the same size cards as the Arkham Horror Mythos cards? I'm willing to see changes if it would make a reprint possible, as long as the rules and the context remains the same. I've really been looking forward to giving this one a try.

I'd also love to see a reprint!

FellowsBrokenknee said:

I would definitely buy the game if there was a reprint. If there is a concern over remolding the dragons, I don't think too many people would be concerned if they were replaced by colored wood shapes, whether they were cubes or cylinders. It would be more abstract, and not the original, but if that would allow for a reprint I can't see a reason to complain. If the cards are an awkward size, why not just reformat them to fit on the same size cards as the Arkham Horror Mythos cards? I'm willing to see changes if it would make a reprint possible, as long as the rules and the context remains the same. I've really been looking forward to giving this one a try.

I entirely agree!!! Besides I have already dragons - from Blue Moon City :)

I would be really happy for a reprint, I got into it late and my only way to play is with Keldon's AI program. I'd love to have the actual cards, the art looks incredible. Some decks I can still find, but all my favorite ones are the impossible to find ones....

that program you say about, is that the one that just works with xp, or does it work with vista as well?

Dear Fantasy Flight,

With the release of Dragonheart you can no longer say it is too expensive to remold the dragons for Blue Moon. Please re-release the game. It even looks like you'll be remaking the same size board. Your only complaint now can be the card size, which as I've suggested before, could be cropped to fit on Arkham Horror sized Mythos Cards.

Anyone here who agrees please respond as well.

I look forward to a reprint of this game and I seriously hope you will now consider it since most of the components are similar to the size and shapes used for Dragonheart.

Thanks you,

FellowsBrokenknee

FellowsBrokenknee said:

Dear Fantasy Flight,

With the release of Dragonheart you can no longer say it is too expensive to remold the dragons for Blue Moon. Please re-release the game. It even looks like you'll be remaking the same size board. Your only complaint now can be the card size, which as I've suggested before, could be cropped to fit on Arkham Horror sized Mythos Cards.

Anyone here who agrees please respond as well.

I look forward to a reprint of this game and I seriously hope you will now consider it since most of the components are similar to the size and shapes used for Dragonheart.

Thanks you,

FellowsBrokenknee

I agree but it doesn't matter becouse FFG is the most i-give-a-****-customers board game company I have ever seen.

There is one that cares less, but they can't be named for fear of being sued just for uttering their name anywhere but on their own site. Fantasy Flight cares about some of their products and their games are usually very well developed, Android being the exception of course. I just wish they would reprint so I wouldn't continually have to scour the internet for a copy of a good game. I've got four people hooked on it since I bought some of the expansion peoples decks.

Reprint! Reprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy in my group is a Knizia freak, and has been whining about having a hard time finding this. Please FFG, reprint this for the sanity of us 50ish loyal customers.

If there was a reprint, I would buy it.

I'd buy a reprint of the Pillar expansion. It's the only one I still need. I would however NOT buy it if the cards were a different size as that would destroy any deck building possibilities with the old decks.

FellowsBrokenknee said:

There is also the licensing charge to the game designer as well, at least as explained to me at the FFG event center opening day. I beleive that since Knizia is no longer developing cards for the game it has a finite shelf life and would likely be better served by being published into one large game with all printed decks to be included.

Less SKU's helps the game store owner as well since there is now more shelf space for more product.

Honestly, I think that if Knizia will no longer produce decks for the game that the only way we will ever see it again is in a larger box with all the decks.

Regardless, I hope that someday this game gets reprinted.

It's a petty that this game is no longer expanded. So I agree, one big box with everything would most likely be the best course for a reprint.

Yeah, I say bring it on ... again ... if possible. It would be a pity otherwise, the decks in the base game are pretty cool.

REPRINT !!! REPRINT !!!

Reprint welcomed for:

• Base Game
  • Aqua
  • Pillar