Completing Revised Core Collection

By Morghas, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

5 minutes ago, Lethuin said:

Isn't that a data point against your argument? The one LCG requires fewer than 3 core sets for a playset is the first one to close up shop (other than ones where they lost the license)?

Did the SW LCG have a good entry point like starter decks? I don't see core sets as a good starting point at all. What does it cost to buy in and have a competitive deck? $30 or $300? That is the problem with these LCG. After a certain age they really have too many cards and too much to buy for new players to have an easy access point. The Core just isn't it.

At least netrunner had the Championship decks one could buy and run. Of course the MWL and then rotation killed those as an entry point.

Moot point now for netrunner. I guess we will see how good their GoT intro decks are and if they replicate that with their other LCGs.

Really you’re just complaining about LCGs. ANY game with an ongoing product release cycle is necessarily going to get to the point where buy in is expensive, so really your entire argument is a non starter. It doesn’t matter at all what the Core Set is or isn't.

42 minutes ago, Grimwalker said:

Really you’re just complaining about LCGs. ANY game with an ongoing product release cycle is necessarily going to get to the point where buy in is expensive, so really your entire argument is a non starter. It doesn’t matter at all what the Core Set is or isn't.

No, I am not. I am complaining about the cost of entry. We'll have to see if those $15 GoT starters help that game. If they had the equivalent for L5R I would buy one and try it out. They may eventually and when they do, if there are still L5R play groups, I'll try it out.

Is this a new idea? Just limit the number of copies of any core set card to the quantity found in a single core. The original core listed how many were present so not confusing. This limits powerful cards by being limited and everyone gets on by with only a single core purchase.

This is probably not a new idea.

Cost of entry is relative to the size of the card pool, plain and simple.