Worlds Lists 2018

By ThatJakeGuy, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I probably won't have a write up, as I lost my pen somewhere between the second and third game, so i don't really have any notes. I went 4-3, schedule strength put me at 43 overall.

Deployment:
◄12 Han Solo
◄9 Drokkatta
◄5 Jyn Odan
◄4 Hera Syndulla
◄3 R2-D2
◄3 Gideon Argus
◄2 C-3P0
◄2Alliance Smuggler
◄2Alliance Smuggler
◄-2 Rogue Smuggler

Command Deck:
◄(3) On the Lam
◄(2) Tools for the Job
◄(2) One in a Million
◄(1) Tough Luck
◄(1) Stealth Tactics
◄(1) Negation
◄(1) Collateral Damage
◄(1) Brace for Impact
◄(1) Marksman
◄(1) Marksman
◄(1) Black Market Prices
◄(0) Element of Surprise
◄(0) Take Initiative
◄(0) Planning
◄(0) Officers Training

9 act Han list is tough for anyone to deal with, and I love Drokkatta far too much. I tried piloting her with a couple of weequays before worlds, but decided to stay with something more familiar. Lots of smugglers and smuggler cards. The lone surprise in the list really is the Marksman command card. It's fun when people think they are playing around Jyn, and you take out their vader with a 1 in a million anyway. She can be a swingy figure, so guaranteeing a little more value from her is a good thing. The card also has some solid synergy with Han being able to guarantee some return fire at times, and is surprisingly great with Drokkatta. Attacking anyone in a clumped up group of figures can really help you max out some game changing blast damage. I thought the list performed well. I played against 3 Vader/Riot lists on control missions, which is definitely not the strength of the list.

5 hours ago, Froomja said:

That was a nerve wracking game (but a very fun and rewarding one) given how different Uscru plays compared to other maps in the cycle, especially on the courier droid mission we played; and my completely lack of preparation on it. I'm not sure how much practice would have helped in our match, you left very few openings for me to capitalize on. You were very tight with your activation order and generally outplayed me at every turn. I definitely should have stayed closer to my support and played the middle sight lines through the lounge instead of trying a frontal assault around the booth; that might have tightened up the score a bit, but who knows. I learned a lot that game, sadly those lessons were about one day too late :D. Congrats again on your top 32 finish.

EDIT: Looking back at my reporting on the Slack Channel, I had forgotten the back breaking Intel Leak which baited my Comms disruption (my hand was pure gas) in to a strategic shift on the opening on Turn 2. I lost Tools, OtL, and EoS + the Comms Disruption.

Thanks generally! It felt like a strong game, and I appreciate the compliments, for sure.

I had forgotten that spy card exchange, too -- I had meant to ask you what it hit -- that was a big hand to drop. I really do think if you'd had the top-center door open, you would have had a lot more attacking options in round 2, and with Tools and EoS, that could have been ugly for my troops.

1 hour ago, ryanjamal said:

My list was a tweaked version of what I ran at the Omaha Regional.

Han
Drokkatta
Ahsoka
Hera
Gideon
3PO
2x rSmuggler

---------------------------------

On the Lam
Heart of Freedom
I Make My Own Luck
Tools for the Job
Negation
Stealth Tactics
Tough Luck
Blitz
Collateral Damage
Brace for Impact
Element of Surprise
Planning
Take Initiative
Officer's Training
Celebration

I really wasn't sure how I would fare. It's a rather swingy list that doesn't match up well on certain missions/maps, and if Drokkatta gets alpha striked before he does his work I'm sort of toast. I ended up 5-2 in Swiss, losing to Arvydas (the Euro Champ) and Kyle Bossom (Top 16). Luckily, I ended up making the top 16, which was my goal for this year after missing the cut last year by a die roll.

I ended up getting paired with Brett in the Top 16 match on the droid mission on Uscru, which was a rough match up for me. I played rather aggressively, knowing that if I held back I might have a respectable score but I'd probably still lose. Well, I lost, by a looooooooot, leaving both Hera and Iggy left with one point on the board before Brett hit 40.

A somewhat disappointing end, but I felt great about taking my wonky list to top 16. I'll probably do a full write up by the end of the week.

Worlds was such a blast! Thanks to all of you who made it so!

-ryanjamal

This was probably my favorite Top-16 list. A bit of rebel pride, a bit of outside-meta, and a bit of just loving Ahsoka and Drokatta as figures. Congrats again on a good day's piloting!

(Edit: Double-posted)

Edited by GottaBadFeelingAboutThis
2 hours ago, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

This was probably my favorite Top-16 list. A bit of rebel pride, a bit of outside-meta, and a bit of just loving Ahsoka and Drokatta as figures. Congrats again on a good day's piloting!

Thanks! ?

-ryanjamal

I'm totally stoked at seeing the diversity here. Even in the top 16, it seemed lists were pretty diverse. Such a great game at the moment.

If I see lists elsewhere, I'll post them here. It is always a pain in the butt to try to find worlds lists after the fact when they're spread across multiple threads.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:12 AM, Tvboy said:

Gil Sarepi:

Han Solo

Rogue Smuggler

Chewbacca

Wookie Avenger

Jyn

Hera

R2D2

Gideon

C3po

Rebel High Command

My Name is Gil Surepi but close ?

And here is my full list.

40/40 Deployment
18/18 Command Points
15/15 Command Cards
Deployments:
Chewbacca [15]
Han Solo [12]
Jyn Odan [5]
Hera Syndulla [4]
R2-D2 [3]
Gideon Argus [3]
C-3P0 [2]
On A Diplomatic Mission [1]
Balance of the Force [1]
Heroic Effort [0]
Rogue Smuggler [-2]
Wookiee Avenger [-4]
Commands:
Debts Repaid [3]
On the Lam [3]
Heart of Freedom [2]
I Make My Own Luck [2]
Tools for the Job [2]
Run for Cover [2]
Negation [1]
Tough Luck [1]
Brace for Impact [1]
Stealth Tactics [1]
Take Initiative [0]
Positioning Advantage [0]
Fleet Footed [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Rally [0]

Went 5-2 and lost to DT in top 16, shouldnt have made those 2 mistakes, forgetting to use Heroic effort on the first to kills or I would have had Negation on hand to stop his take initiative, which costed me Chewie, and on final round when eWequay shot focused at Han, shot just have used On the Lamb and saved Run for cover and Stealth tactics for the last shot from the eJawa with focus and Tools for the job, that last mistake would have guaranteed me the win, ah well next year.

1 hour ago, GilDK said:

Thanks Gil! Sorry about that, was typing from my phone.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, GilDK said:

40/40 Deployment
18/18 Command Points
15/15 Command Cards
Deployments:
Chewbacca [15]
Han Solo [12]
Jyn Odan [5]
Hera Syndulla [4]
R2-D2 [3]
Gideon Argus [3]
C-3P0 [2]
On A Diplomatic Mission [1]
Balance of the Force [1]
Heroic Effort [0]
Rogue Smuggler [-2]
Wookiee Avenger [-4]
Commands:
Debts Repaid [3]
On the Lam [3]
Heart of Freedom [2]
I Make My Own Luck [2]
Tools for the Job [2]
Run for Cover [2]
Negation [1]
Tough Luck [1]
Brace for Impact [1]
Stealth Tactics [1]
Take Initiative [0]
Fleet Footed [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Rally [0]

Went 5-2 and lost to DT in top 16, shouldnt have made those 2 mistakes, forgetting to use Heroic effort on the first to kills or I would have had Negation on hand to stop his take initiative, which costed me Chewie, and on final round when eWequay shot focused at Han, shot just have used On the Lamb and saved Run for cover and Stealth tactics for the last shot from the eJawa with focus and Tools for the job, that last mistake would have guaranteed me the win, ah well next year.

I usually run same list but mine has a rSmuggler instead of OaDM and BotF. I think this makes the list more robust on objectives and control. One thing I really like is the interaction of Wild Fury, Slam, To the Limit and Rally on Chewie allowing 3 attacks (one focused) and a Slam in one activation. Also being bleeding and stunned often sets a trap to my opponent that thinks it's best moment for him to trigger Debts Repaid. When I have rally in my hand, that feels so good. Also Self-defense mitigates rolls on Slam when you use it as a finisher. @GilDK do you use any strategy that works well with Chewie?

Edited by Golan Trevize

Then he'd have to drop Heroic Effort as well.

2 hours ago, aermet69 said:

Then he'd have to drop Heroic Effort as well.

In my hometown there's a say that would sound like this in English: "what you spend is what you get". That's just a zero cost card.

Hi all - Worlds was a blast as always! This was the first time I have ever competed as a Rebel player and it felt as filthy and traitorous as expected! I went 5-2 and my lower Strength of Schedule put me at 23rd overall. I ran Han/Ranger w Mak flavor this year after consistent defeats of my Vader list to similar dirty Rebels through the Regionals season. Shout out to Tim Kennedy, John Scott, Lucas Davidson, Ryan Stripling, (a magical fifth game I can't remember), Jake Peterson, and Greg Monson for the great games! Long live Imperial Assault!

Deployment:
◄12 Han Solo
◄12 Elite Alliance Rangers
◄3 Mak Eshka'rey
◄4 Hera Syndulla
◄3 R2-D2
◄3 Gideon Argus
◄2 C-3P0
◄2 Alliance Smuggler
◄1 Balance of the Force
◄-2 Rogue Smuggler

Command Deck:
◄(3) On the Lam
◄(2) Tools for the Job
◄(2) Call The Vanguard
◄(2) Comm Disruption
◄(3) Assassinate
◄(1) Negation
◄(1) Tough Luck
◄(1) Intelligence Leak
◄(2) ▪ Heightened Reflexes
◄(1) ▪ Strategic Shift
◄(0) Positioning Advantage
◄(0) Element of Surprise
◄(0) Take Initiative
◄(0) Planning
◄(0) Officers Training

@GilDK loved seeing your list as it's very similar to the list I play except again that rsmuggler versus the two point upgrades.

And yes big props to the guys who took more ... obscure? pieces to the top 16. Brandon from Texas with his cap Terro in the top 4!!! Loved that. Of course ahsoka in the top 16 and Kenny taking mhd and drokotta to 16 as well. I'm forgetting others, but I love seeing people making bold statements on the big stage. Takes guts.

Hi, this is my list. Got me to top 8 :)

Deployments:
Weequay Pirate [Elite] [7]
Clawdite Shapeshifter [Elite] [6]
Onar Koma [6]
Vinto Hreeda [5]
Greedo [4]
Gideon Argus [3]
Jawa Scavenger [2]
Jawa Scavenger [2]
C-3P0 [2]
Devious Scheme [1]
Black Market [1]
Temporary Alliance (M) [1]

Commands:
Assassinate [3]
On the Lam [3]
Tools for the Job [2]
Heightened Reflexes [2]
Tough Luck [1]
Negation [1]
Intelligence Leak [1]
Primary Target [1]
Strength in Numbers [1]
Take Initiative [0]
Urgency [0]
Element of Surprise [0]
Toxic Dart [0]
Celebration [0]

19 minutes ago, Arviss said:

Arviss' list

Very interesting with the 2x rJawa. Were they used just to pad activations? You have 9. Or were they used more like a rSmuggler? How did you find the eClawdite? I keep going back and forth on him. How did you manage heavy-hitters like Han, Chewie, Vader and IG?

Edited by alexkazze
8 hours ago, Smashotron said:

Hi all - Worlds was a blast as always! This was the first time I have ever competed as a Rebel player and it felt as filthy and traitorous as expected! I went 5-2 and my lower Strength of Schedule put me at 23rd overall. I ran Han/Ranger w Mak flavor this year after consistent defeats of my Vader list to similar dirty Rebels through the Regionals season. Shout out to Tim Kennedy, John Scott, Lucas Davidson, Ryan Stripling, (a magical fifth game I can't remember), Jake Peterson, and Greg Monson for the great games! Long live Imperial Assault!

Deployment:
◄12 Han Solo
◄12 Elite Alliance Rangers
◄3 Mak Eshka'rey
◄4 Hera Syndulla
◄3 R2-D2
◄3 Gideon Argus
◄2 C-3P0
◄2 Alliance Smuggler
◄1 Balance of the Force
◄-2 Rogue Smuggler

Command Deck:
◄(3) On the Lam
◄(2) Tools for the Job
◄(2) Call The Vanguard
◄(2) Comm Disruption
◄(3) Assassinate
◄(1) Negation
◄(1) Tough Luck
◄(1) Intelligence Leak
◄(2) ▪ Heightened Reflexes
◄(1) ▪ Strategic Shift
◄(0) Positioning Advantage
◄(0) Element of Surprise
◄(0) Take Initiative
◄(0) Planning
◄(0) Officers Training

That game was a blast! I don’t remember it all either, but I do remember being on edge all throughout that back-and-forth game, but enjoying every minute of it!

Until next year, my friend! May it come down to a die roll yet again!

-ryanjamal

On 5/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, aermet69 said:

Very interesting with the 2x rJawa. Were they used just to pad activations? You have 9. Or were they used more like a rSmuggler? How did you find the eClawdite? I keep going back and forth on him. How did you manage heavy-hitters like Han, Chewie, Vader and IG?

They did great on all parts, as extra activations/grabbers/door openers or to block LoS. Ability to trade into extra block often lets them survive an attack. As for eClaw, he probably not worth 6pts but it is an amazing figure, i really like him. Tried regular at first, but the conspire surges become too inconsistent, and he needs focus to hit anything decently. On the other hand elite can do just fine on his own. Even did some focused scout shot on 1st round, as he hits 10-12 range pretty easy. And since there were many empire players its also good to bait zillo exaust with scout so that vinto can go in and do his pierce+bleed surge later in the round. The drawback on elite is that you really dont want to take much dmg with inteligence leak because it becomes way easier to one shot him. I also had to get rid of strategic shift because i want him to be attacking instead of using his whole activation for the shift.

Dealing with with vader is pretty easy, there are several sources of unmitigated dmg in my list. I think the worst match up is IG since he has assault, blaze and doesnt need to get as close as vader. And han, well, i either ignore him or try set up some shooting places so i dont get return fire.

1 hour ago, Arviss said:

They did great on all parts, as extra activations/grabbers/door openers or to block LoS. Ability to trade into extra block often lets them survive an attack. As for eClaw, he probably not worth 6pts but it is an amazing figure, i really like him. Tried regular at first, but the conspire surges become too inconsistent, and he needs focus to hit anything decently. On the other hand elite can do just fine on his own. Even did some focused scout shot on 1st round, as he hits 10-12 range pretty easy. And since there were many empire players its also good to bait zillo exaust with scout so that vinto can go in and do his pierce+bleed surge later in the round. The drawback on elite is that you really dont want to take much dmg with inteligence leak because it becomes way easier to one shot him. I also had to get rid of strategic shift because i want him to be attacking instead of using his whole activation for the shift.

Dealing with with vader is pretty easy, there are several sources of unmitigated dmg in my list. I think the worst match up is IG since he has assault, blaze and doesnt need to get as close as vader. And han, well, i either ignore him or try set up some shooting places so i dont get return fire.

Thanks for the rundown. I'll try it out. I uses a lot of figures that I love (and have painted! and I get to use that second Jawa I bought).

Hace 2 horas, Arviss dijo:

Edited by alexkazze
2 hours ago, Arviss said:

Then you recommend the regular jawa? It never sells ... it's a pity, the elite is always included because of the options to include droids, to parties under my opinion far superior to the regular.

And would not you prefer the hired guns? or for losing 1 activation you are not interested?
Edited by alexkazze
On 5/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, Golan Trevize said:

I usually run same list but mine has a rSmuggler instead of OaDM and BotF. I think this makes the list more robust on objectives and control. One thing I really like is the interaction of Wild Fury, Slam, To the Limit and Rally on Chewie allowing 3 attacks (one focused) and a Slam in one activation. Also being bleeding and stunned often sets a trap to my opponent that thinks it's best moment for him to trigger Debts Repaid. When I have rally in my hand, that feels so good. Also Self-defense mitigates rolls on Slam when you use it as a finisher. @GilDK do you use any strategy that works well with Chewie?

It depends on the opponent and mission, but will always try to get him used early so the danger of Debts is looming over my opponent, but at the same time not exppsing him, because then He will get focused on and die. Did use Wild fury, To the limit and rally in and earlier version, but went away from it, so as not to put to much in to him cards wise, but do miss the option of 2 attacks and possible a third focused one as well, actually a posssibility for all 3 to be focused, but is so hard to get of and just love all the cards saying nope when being attacked.

Next year I will try to do less mistakes in the big games and do better.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:11 PM, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

Round One: Mos Eisley Mission A
1-0 vs Javier Alcalde Jurado
(finished 45th in Swiss): Mirror-ish match vs Han/Rangers/Mak, except he ran Diplomatic Mission instead of BotF

Game went to time; I won 36-29. Big story is that he didn't play for the objectives enough. We both played celebration off figures and he was down pretty far until round 3, when he used "I Make My Own Luck" and then his Rangers to clear two of my rangers early in the round. He was able to use New Orders to have his remaining two rangers try for my Han, but OtL was well in my hand by then, keeping him safely away from any shots. I had pulled something like 14 points from objectives over the game, and his later-round kill points weren't able to make up the difference. Nice guy from Spain, and we wished each other well. I was glad for an initial win, since that's pretty important for Strength of Schedule .

I was bit nervous because of the importance of the first game but it was a nice game. My Rangers kept back after the 1st round fearing Solo could charge and take the initiative later on. In round 3 even though I was behind I had my options when I used New Orders on the Rangers but I didn't read well the move. Instead of focusing on objectives I tried to hunt down Solo and it was even worse ? he played on the Lam and killed one the Rangers.

Despite of the defeat it was a good start at the Worlds against a good player.

I ended up winning 4 games. My last game I think it was with @ThatJakeGuy who ran IG88 and Luke. Luke was devastating, I had no options at all ? .

A great experience at the Worlds, not only during the IA tournament, but also the rest of days.

My list included both BotF and Diplomatic Mission:

◄12Alliance Ranger
◄12▪ Han Solo
◄4▪ Hera Syndulla
◄3▪ R2-D2
◄3▪ Gideon Argus
◄1▪ On A Diplomatic Mission
◄2▪ C-3P0
◄2Alliance Smuggler
◄2Alliance Smuggler
◄1▪ On A Diplomatic Mission
◄1▪ Balance of the Force