Worlds Lists 2018

By ThatJakeGuy, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

20 hours ago, alexkazze said:

Then you recommend the regular jawa? It never sells ... it's a pity, the elite is always included because of the options to include droids, to parties under my opinion far superior to the regular.

And would not you prefer the hired guns? or for losing 1 activation you are not interested?

Of course elite jawa is a nice unit, but i had 4pts left to fill, and didn't want another upgrade so it was either hired guns or 2 rjawas. 5 speed is awesome, but hired guns don't get dodges, have worse range, surges and no extra defenses. Besides with so much long range attackers these days it is hard to get a decent parting shot. Also the 9th activation gives me advantage over 8 act scum lists (if i lose initiative).

There was not a Jabba list out there in the top? what was it?

Edited by alexkazze

I had: IG w/ FOTK, 2 eQuays, eJawa, TA, RCP, R2, Devious, Black Market.

Nothing too special about CCs.

And, Yes, Jabba, made top-16.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:58 AM, Arviss said:

Of course elite jawa is a nice unit, but i had 4pts left to fill, and didn't want another upgrade so it was either hired guns or 2 rjawas. 5 speed is awesome, but hired guns don't get dodges, have worse range, surges and no extra defenses. Besides with so much long range attackers these days it is hard to get a decent parting shot. Also the 9th activation gives me advantage over 8 act scum lists (if i lose initiative).

Got to try your build today. It was solid and super fun. Got to sling bullets all over the place and many targets for my opponent to choose between. Albiet his list wasn't top tier, but it still felt really good. I was slightly concerned with the lack of card draw. For thematics (and to get more draw power) I considered changing RCP with Jabba. Prolly not worth it though.

Edited by aermet69
"His list wasn't top tier, no that his list was top tier.

Vader
Palpatine
AT-DP
eJets
officer
zillo

The only command card of note was New Orders. Being able to reactivate the AT-DP was great when I got the opportunity.

I ended up going 4-3. Great games all day.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, ThatJakeGuy said:

This is probably the most fun list I've ever played (tied with Double Bantha). I ended up going 5-2, 22nd in Swiss. Overall it was an excellent event, and it was great to meet many of you guys in person!

Hi! Can you post the build for the double bantha list? I am quite interested on it and I don't seem to find it anywhere. If you can provide the deployment cards and the command cards would be great! Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Randomiz3 said:

Hi! Can you post the build for the double bantha list? I am quite interested on it and I don't seem to find it anywhere. If you can provide the deployment cards and the command cards would be great! Thank you very much!

I'm not Jake, but my guess is that it was something pretty close to this:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/0c0c4358053e5f68000000000000000809090f1e4968777b920a1c35392b