Career Conversion Kit (once and for all) WFRP2 to WFRP3

By Emirikol, in WFRP House Rules

We plan to have a work-in-progress document always available.

jh

Very helpful, thanks!

Hey guys,

I am curious how you are converting Damage from 2nd to 3rd, especially environmental damages.

For ex, say that a PC is taking a Damage 5 hit due to a fall. In 2nd ed, it would be 5+1d10 - (Toughness Bonus + Armor) = N# of wounds. Do you keep the same formula for 3rd?

I'd like a formula that uses the narrative dice instead of a 1d10. I was thinking to roll 5 Challenges dice, where each Challenge = 1 wound, each Chaos Star = 1 wound or 1 critical (per GM decision). Toughness and Armor would not apply anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ceodryn

The goal is to have a way to have presentations for LF in rough conversion. 1e to 2e is simple. 2e to 3e will simply be "as close as seems right." I don't think we're going to get too specific on those adaptions and will leave it up to the author. The easiest comparisons are in Skills, Careers and the bestiary. From there, it is a textual conversion.

I don't think we have a damage method for falling though (as you use as an example) for 3e.

jh

Ceodryn said:

Hey guys,

I am curious how you are converting Damage from 2nd to 3rd, especially environmental damages.

For ex, say that a PC is taking a Damage 5 hit due to a fall. In 2nd ed, it would be 5+1d10 - (Toughness Bonus + Armor) = N# of wounds. Do you keep the same formula for 3rd?

I'd like a formula that uses the narrative dice instead of a 1d10. I was thinking to roll 5 Challenges dice, where each Challenge = 1 wound, each Chaos Star = 1 wound or 1 critical (per GM decision). Toughness and Armor would not apply anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ceodryn

you could make the characters do an agility check with dificulty based on the hight. If they fail, they recieve wounds = to dificulty + Defense, or encumbrance value + Defense - soak - toughness… just my two cents ;)

Ceodryn said:

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ceodryn

you could make the characters do an agility check with dificulty based on the hight. If they fail, they recieve wounds = to dificulty + Defense, or encumbrance value + Defense - soak - toughness… just my two cents ;)