Star Wars Co-Op, do you think we'll get it?

By NoElf, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Just curious what people think about the Star Wars LCG being re-released in a co-op format? I personally would love it as due to work I now am out of the city and in country areas where apart from some magic players there is no competitive community for other games. Also as I get older competitive isn't something that interests me as much.

I also have no interest in Star Wars Destiny. Whilst I've heard great things the reason I got out of Magic years ago was it seemed like the card version of heroin so I avoid the CCG model altogether.

Some people have said that FFG already have Arkham Horror and LOTR. I have AH and admit it's great and I also love the LOTR setting but Star Wars is my main love. If they were to release a SW co-op I'd snap it up like hotcakes.

Keen to see what other people's thoughts are.

May 1 FFG is announcing future SW products at their SW world championships. If there is a coop in the works I imagine that's when we'll hear about it.

On 4/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, NoElf said:

I also have no interest in Star Wars Destiny. Whilst I've heard great things the reason I got out of Magic years ago was it seemed like the card version of heroin so I avoid the CCG model altogether.

Some people have said that FFG already have Arkham Horror and LOTR. I have AH and admit it's great and I also love the LOTR setting but Star Wars is my main love. If they were to release a SW co-op I'd snap it up like hotcakes.

Keen to see what other people's thoughts are.

Agreed. I've played Destiny a few times. It's simplistic and quite boring. I prefer the LCG. I also love Arhkam Horror and LOTR LCG, A Star Wars game based on the same model would be a sure buy.

I really want that to ^^ expect we will have an annouce in the first may.

I want to see them develop the original Star Wars: The Card Game from GenCon 2010 (I think it was 2010). It was a co-op game that I thought looked very interesting, but the community wanted to be able to play Dark Side, so it got scrapped.

I know its been said by many others, but I'd love to see FFG re-launch Decipher's SW CCG as a LCG.

It would be great! But there Are too Many SW-games. So not very likely...

A co-op version of the SW LCG? I'd be the first in line because I would play the **** out of it.

The problem with doing a co-op game is people like playing both sides. So to make the fan base happy, it would be 2 games.

Since they are reskinning the Warhammer Quest co-op into RuneWars, I think it would be cool to reskin 40K Conpuest into the new Star Wars LCG.

With the success of the LotR and Arkham Horror LCG I think a co-op Star Wars LCG would be a cash cow. I know I would not be alone willing to stand in line to throw my money at. You would even be able to make two games out of it, one with the players as the rebels and one with the players as the empire. I've actually previously asked this question.

There are Computer games where you play the dark side and there Are Computer games where you play light side. So co op for each one could sell, but there Are so Many Star wars games that I am not sure if there is enough people who Are willing to get one more SW game...

so not likely, but Hopefully there will be at least one! If there is one, it most propably will be from the light side.

I would apréciate to just make my way in a coop LCG who replace the actions from the movies. There are enough to make a cycle for a movie, and if they don't do this, I'm sure there too much matérials for make them some style of Saga deluxe box. I think this is possible by a great design to make the ennemy card playable. If FFG give a notice for read the ennemy card like a player card, and what are the ennemy key word effect, for just make them in front of heroes card with the same notice. We just have to add alternat quest card for play from the ennemy, and add treachery for heroes encounter deck. But this is really for those who want an imperial role because I just want an Movie adapted LCG. Every movie. Even prelogy.

Edited by phorcys12

they maybe a able to come out with different game modes....like 1 vs many and co op out of the box? or even do some character expansions that allow for you to play dark side users or villains in the place of heroes? i agree i think this would be amazing for a lot of people and i definitely would buy into it.

The Star Wars app has been very popular, and it is 4 vs AI, no different than a 4 player AH or LOTR game. Descent hasn't had a physical expansion in 2 years, yet they just released ANOTHER app campaign. The popularity of the app based platforms is proof that the co-op format is viable. The popularity of the IA app specifically means that players don't JUST want to play as the empire. There are a contingent of players that do, for sure, but there is no arguing that there is also a very large group of players that would be just fine playing against AI.

I really, really hope we see it. I love the LOTR LCG but got into it late, so tracking down product became such a chore I only really played through the first few cycles. I've also played the AH Game and loved the model, but I am not in love with that universe so I don't follow the cycle pack. HoT is more up my alley with traditional fantasy... but Star Wars is my true love.

Edited by FrogTrigger

I am still holding out hope for something like this. Not another competetive LCG (as I think Destiny fills that place for FFG and sells well), but a co-op story driven card game, either like Arkham or something as simple as Heroes of Terrinoth would be greatly appreciated.

The other possibility would indeed be a reskin of Conquest, but if they were going to do that they might as well just do a 2.0 version of the original SW Card game.

I'd buy coop star wars LCG day one

Could be possible now, with Destiny being shut down. That is, if we see anything new for a while with all the layoffs.

I think this is even less likely right now than ever. The changes in the company worry me slightly, but it feels like they are tightening their belts and focussing primarily on the lines that are selling well (which in business makes a whole lot of sense).

I was surprised to see that new Cosmic Encounter game, but it is something that would have been in development for a while, and probably before the decision to end Destiny, and they wanted to get it out.

With Thrones taking a different direction (and pumping out reformatted old cards) and Lord of the Rings about to 'take a break' I would be extremely surprised if we see any new LCG's for some time. Marvel Champions and Arkham Horror will probably be the ones to keep going for a while yet.

I was extremely surprised at Marvel Champions announcement. I was a hundred percent confident there would never be another LCG.

I’m still pretty sure there will be no more LCG’s. But I’m hoping to be surprised again.

53 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

I was extremely surprised at Marvel Champions announcement. I was a hundred percent confident there would never be another LCG.

I’m still pretty sure there will be no more LCG’s. But I’m hoping to be surprised again.

I know I'm coming very late to this conversation but why? My impression is that Marvel Champions is doing pretty well.

4 hours ago, rogertravisjr said:

I know I'm coming very late to this conversation but why? My impression is that Marvel Champions is doing pretty well.

I guess first my impression is the LCG crowd is small compared to competitive collectable games. The new ownership (Asmodee was sold in investment business) I expect a concentration on money making lines. Recent history is more LCG lines ending an no replacements. Before marvel, last one was L5R? And that one had a existing customer base to begin with.

I expected any new card games to be collectable or Unique like Destiny and Keyforge. Imagine my surprise Destiny is getting retired. I’m guessing that is only because of the high cost of manufacturing the big plastic dice.

Add to recent layoffs at FFG and increased costs of printing.

A new LCG was not what I expected, but Marvel is completely knew to FFG, fresh big time IP. So exciting, I’m stoked and jumped in with both feet.

If they do a Star Wars lcg I’ll jump on that too. I’d love one! Especially coop. I’m just not going to hold my breath. Also Andrew Navarro was asked about this in his AMA last November/December I forget. And he said we tried to give you a coop lcg and you didn’t want it! Sounded like a new coop SW lcg was the farthest thing from his mind. Of course he is now no longer with the company so who knows what his replacement will have planned.

I'd rather they reboot Warhammer Conquest as a star wars game 😛

I am doing a 180 on my previous opinion. Star Wars without a current card game feels wrong haha

But I’d still want coop

Edited by Ywingscum

Be nice to see if FFG take notice.

There is clearly a demand for a card based game for Star Wars, it is just a matter of finding one that would suit the greater number of players (as I am sure a bunch of SWLCG players didn't play Destiny, and vice versa).

Would you like them to go down the Marvel Champions route, where you get a core with a bunch of characters and a few scenarios to play, and then keep character and scenarios separate?

Would you prefer a more full on immersive story based campaign, like Arkham Horror, with a mix of scenario and player cards in each pack (Which I personally hate now I have seen Marvel Champions)?

Or would you prefer a new take on the competetive LCG, to replace the original and Destiny and have a strong organised play community? This could be a 2.0 reboot or even something like a reskinned Conquest (like someone already mentioned).

I think more along the campaign rpg feel of Arkham would be best suited. Just my thought