Arsenal 2

By Xiervak, in Rules

Let's say I have a rebel trooper unit with 4 troopers and a Z-6.

If I want to split fire, I could theoretically use my Z-6 to shoot Unit A, and all my troopers to shoot unit B.

However, would I not need Arsenal 2 to do so, since Arsenal 2 is what allows a unit to use up to 2 weapons?

Arsenal is a unit keyword that applies to each mini in a unit, not the unit as a whole. Troopers can only fire 1 weapon per mini .

Arsenal X (Unit Keyword) RRG pg.13

When choosing weapons during the “Form Attack Pool” step of
an attack, each mini in a unit that has the arsenal x keyword
can choose a number of its weapons equal to the value of x.
Each chosen weapon contributes its dice and keywords to the
attack pool.

• To use a weapon during an attack, the defender must be at
or within any of the weapon’s ranges.

• A mini that has the arsenal x keyword can divide its
weapons between any number of units, forming a separate
dice pool for each weapon or combination of weapons.

It states that each miniature can use a different weapon if available in the unit. Arsenal comes into play with one mini units (heavy armor) which allows them to use multiple weapons even though they are a single mini.

Arsenal 2 allows each individual mini to use 2 weapons simultaneously.

Alright, thanks for the clarification guys

For example. If your Rebel trooper unit would have arsenal 2, your Z-6 would be allowed to use his Z-6 weapon and his A-288 Blaster Rifle for the same attack action.

34 minutes ago, Tokra said:

For example. If your Rebel trooper unit would have arsenal 2, your Z-6 would be allowed to use his Z-6 weapon and his A-288 Blaster Rifle for the same attack action.

That makes sense to me. Arsenal applies to the mini, not necessarily the unit.

Makes you wonder if we'll actually get that kind of abilities for a unit someday during the inevitable power creep.

8 hours ago, Xiervak said:

That makes sense to me. Arsenal applies to the mini, not necessarily the unit.

Makes you wonder if we'll actually get that kind of abilities for a unit someday during the inevitable power creep.

I could see it on a unit that has two blaster pistols(coughrexcough)