how do you climb/clamber OVER a wall?

By shlominus, in Rules

the rules to climb up/down something are simple enough. what if i want to climb over a wall that's too high to just walk over? i couldn't find anything on that topic. am i blind? :huh:

Walls, barricades etc. Count as difficult terrain for troopers, so just reduce speed by 1.

1 hour ago, shlominus said:

what if i want to climb over a wall that's too high to just walk over?

;)

This is why you have to check before the game what type each terrain is.
There is, for example, Low Stone Walls, this would be difficult for trooper and there is High Stone Walls, and this one is Impassable for troopers.

Impassable means they have to move around (or use a door).

In worst case you have to move into base contact, and climb up and down.

defining the terrain doesn't really help in this case. the piece of terrain is defined. it's a wall higher than the troopers, so it is impassable to those troopers. it's also obvious that any soldier could easily scale it (you can climb up nearly twice as high).

climbing up and then down again only works if you can actually be on top in between the moves. this is not possible with most "wall" terrain bits. it seems to be an oversight that there are no actual rules to climb over a 2m high wall.

To climb or clamber, the mini has to be able to sit on the terrain. So if it's a thin wall, it will probably fall down making it an illegal move. It's a dumb rule. I'd prefer if you can just hop on the other side if you climb/clamber.

Yeah, it’s weird. This actually came up in a game yesterday for me. We ruled you can climb and swing over, but it takes an entire activation and required the roll for rushing a climb as well. Seemed like the right call.