The Nubian design collective's whole vehicle crafting handbook

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Note to self... increase the "mobile platform" maximum speed to 2.

Add the 95% quality match for 95% of ships as goal on pace 2 (not the cover page)

Add explicit statement that FOR EACH COMPONENT the user gets to choose the order in which to apply its upgrades, but each components is crafted separately and attachments are added after the core components have been crafted.

Page 2 first sentence rules => ruleset

Third line of page 3, the => there

Page 3 column 2, 7th line from top "vehicle" => "frame"

Then delete line break before "applied'

I need a vote on whether unusually agile also allows a patrol boat to take 2 pilot only maneuvers per round despite violating the normal size restrictions... it seems awfully powerful and not any ability an official ship has and I like fast sil 5 ships so it's my own bias wish fulfillment which the more rational part of my brain says is a good reason to NOT do it.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Yeah... only Sil 1-4 ships get 2 Pilot only maneuvers.

25 minutes ago, salamar_dree said:

Yeah... only Sil 1-4 ships get 2 Pilot only maneuvers.

Only sil 1'4 ships get to punch it and gain the advantage

But the ghost is still able to dogfight in rebels and it's a small sil 5.

Hera might have some unspec'd talent.

Maybe treat the ship as being 1 silhouette smaller for the purpose of determining the number and types of available pilot only maneuvers?

Edited by EliasWindrider

A https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/VCX-100_Light_Freighter?mobile-app=false

Is sil 5, speed 3, handling -3, htt 32, set 28, def 1/1/1/1, armor 3

6 crew, 6 passengers, 200 enc, hyper drive 2/14, short sensors, 3 weapons, 1 month consumables, 5 hp. Sil 3 modular pod docking clamp

So a patrol ship only works as sil 4, but cargo only works as sil 4 or ambiguously small silhouette 5

It'd be easier to do transport larger scope and ambiguously small silhouette but... let's see what happens as an ambiguously large sil4 patrol ship., use officer's quarter to transfer 4 passengers to crew so 12/6

So 34 htt, 21 hp, 12 crew, 6 passengers, 20 enc

Ion turbine engine 3x modded for strain with 1x fine tuned circuits and 2x enhanced output

Speed 3, 28 sat, 1/0/0/0... wait this thing is currently sil 4 so it'd be 1/-/-/0 how do shields work when you ambiguously large up the silhouette from 4 to 5 ? I'll think about it tomorrow....

But a sil 5 ship with an ion turbine could have 1/0/0/0 or 2/1/1/1 not 1/1/1/1 defense

Bantha-II Cargo Skiff

Sil 2, Spd 3, Hand 0, Def 0, Ar 0
HTT 6, SST 8

Sensors, Short
Crew 1, Enc 250, Passengers 16
Cost 8000, Rarity 4
Cust HP: 2

Landspeeder Frame, Passenger Quarters, Extra HP, Ambiguously Large Silhouette, Integrated Improvement (1/2 crew), Integrated Improvement (1/2 pass),
HP 8, HTT 9, Crew 1, Enc 5 Pass 4

Single Ion Coil, 2×Enhanced Output, 4×Fine-tuned Circuits
HP 6, Spd 3, SST 8

Passenger Barge Hull, 3×Cargo Pods, Extra HP, 2×Maneuvering Fins, Integrated Systems [Dedicated Cargo Bay]
HP 7, Hand 0, HTT 7, Enc 35

Hull Mods, 2×Double Crew/Pass/+Sil HP
HP 11, Crew 4, Pass 16

Assembly, Extra HP
HP 12

Sensors, Short
HP 11

6×Dedicated Cargo Bay
HP 1, Enc 215

Highly Automated Systems, 1×Mod
HP -1, Crew 1

Custom HP: 2
HP -3

End result: Short 3 HP. HTT is 1 too high, Enc is 35 too low, Crew is 4 vs. 1.

HTT and Enc are acceptable.

Eliminating Highly Automated Systems (which saves 2 HP) and adding the following Mods to the Passenger Barge Hull will bring HP to -1 and Crew to 1:

Mod : 2× Halve Crew (round up)

7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Only sil 1'4 ships get to punch it and gain the advantage

But the ghost is still able to dogfight in rebels and it's a small sil 5.

Hera might have some unspec'd talent.

Maybe treat the ship as being 1 silhouette smaller for the purpose of determining the number and types of available pilot only maneuvers?

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#spectre-2-hera-syndulla

She does have a Special Ability:

Prideful Piloting: While Hera pilots the Ghost, that vehicle’s Silhouette counts as 3.

4 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

Bantha-II Cargo Skiff

Sil 2, Spd 3, Hand 0, Def 0, Ar 0
HTT 6, SST 8

Sensors, Short
Crew 1, Enc 250, Passengers 16
Cost 8000, Rarity 4
Cust HP: 2

Landspeeder Frame, Passenger Quarters, Extra HP, Ambiguously Large Silhouette, Integrated Improvement (1/2 crew), Integrated Improvement (1/2 pass),
HP 8, HTT 9, Crew 1, Enc 5 Pass 4

Single Ion Coil, 2×Enhanced Output, 4×Fine-tuned Circuits
HP 6, Spd 3, SST 8

Passenger Barge Hull, 3×Cargo Pods, Extra HP, 2×Maneuvering Fins, Integrated Systems [Dedicated Cargo Bay]
HP 7, Hand 0, HTT 7, Enc 35

Hull Mods, 2×Double Crew/Pass/+Sil HP
HP 11, Crew 4, Pass 16

Assembly, Extra HP
HP 12

Sensors, Short
HP 11

6×Dedicated Cargo Bay
HP 1, Enc 215

Highly Automated Systems, 1×Mod
HP -1, Crew 1

Custom HP: 2
HP -3

End result: Short 3 HP. HTT is 1 too high, Enc is 35 too low, Crew is 4 vs. 1.

HTT and Enc are acceptable.

Eliminating Highly Automated Systems (which saves 2 HP) and adding the following Mods to the Passenger Barge Hull will bring HP to -1 and Crew to 1:

Mod : 2× Halve Crew (round up)

I'll do that that.

4 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#spectre-2-hera-syndulla

She does have a Special Ability:

Prideful Piloting: While Hera pilots the Ghost, that vehicle’s Silhouette counts as 3.

Ok... but it was still a worthwhile exercise because it got me to think about shields and the sil 4-5 transition... I'll add to the effect of when transitioning from sil 4 to sil 5 fill in the the port and starboard shields with the smaller of fore and aft shields to deceptive advertising.

However... what should be the fate of unusually agile.... leave it the way it is, change it to 2 pilot only maneuvers, punch it and 2 pilot only maneuvers, remove it entirely.

Should I remove the forward shields from the ion turbine engine? (Might make at-at easier) And currently it's awfully hard to ad 1 shield to just 1 arc. I could add that I back as a loose mod on the ion turbine engine (so 1x add 1 defense to all arcs or 2 defense to 1 arc, 1x add 1 defense to 1 arc.

As it stands, Unusually Agile just allows a Patrol Ship to Punch It regardless of Sil. That's fine.

The talent Supreme Pride and Joy (Ship Captain Universal Spec) allows you to: 1/session as an incidental, reduce your Sil by 2 for the rest of this round and the next. Not an all the time thing like Hera, but it's a 20 pt talent.

I'm not sure letting a Sil 5+ ship act like it's smaller should be a feature of a vehicle.

Those larger ships should be different. The 2 maneuvers for Sil 1-4 is what gives the smaller ships an edge.

A Patrol Ship with Elegant Design and Ambiguously Large Silhouette is plenty boss.

As for the Engines: I personally feel that they should all start at 0, so I'm good with dropping the Ion Turbine Engine to 0/0/0/0 base. Yes, giving it a mod to pick it back up is great.

Deceptive Advertising... tricky.

I think that as deceptive advertising isn't a guarantee you would still have to build the vehicle with shields for silhouette 5 and then if it gets turned into a silhouette 4 ship it would simply lose the port and starboard shields.

3 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

As it stands, Unusually Agile just allows a Patrol Ship to Punch It regardless of Sil. That's fine.

The talent Supreme Pride and Joy (Ship Captain Universal Spec) allows you to: 1/session as an incidental, reduce your Sil by 2 for the rest of this round and the next. Not an all the time thing like Hera, but it's a 20 pt talent.

I'm not sure letting a Sil 5+ ship act like it's smaller should be a feature of a vehicle.

Those larger ships should be different. The 2 maneuvers for Sil 1-4 is what gives the smaller ships an edge.

A Patrol Ship with Elegant Design and Ambiguously Large Silhouette is plenty boss.

As for the Engines: I personally feel that they should all start at 0, so I'm good with dropping the Ion Turbine Engine to 0/0/0/0 base. Yes, giving it a mod to pick it back up is great.

Deceptive Advertising... tricky.

Or ambiguously small silhouette and deceptive advertising

Do we put a number under attachments that part of an integrated system?

@salamar_dree

As a note on the Bantha-II you could get it to have 2 HP left over if you remove the Sensors (for 1 HP) and use a modded Sensors (basic) (0 HP) instead. That way you gain back the 1 needed HP.

This is what I have been doing for most of the vehicles that only need short range sensors, saving 1 HP. Or are we not supposed to do that? 😕

10 minutes ago, Gordian Naught said:

Do we put a number under attachments that part of an integrated system?

Yes. It doesn't have it's own entry, so just mark the attachment.

Edited by salamar_dree
2 minutes ago, Gordian Naught said:

@salamar_dree

As a note on the Bantha-II you could get it to have 2 HP left over if you remove the Sensors (for 1 HP) and use a modded Sensors (basic) (0 HP) instead. That way you gain back the 1 needed HP.

This is what I have been doing for most of the vehicles that only need short range sensors, saving 1 HP. Or are we not supposed to do that? 😕

Basic Sensors have no Mods, so no, you can't do that. You need to use the other one.

@Gordian Naught

Do you want to rebuild that Barge with the new rules (passenger barge hull)?

😁

1 minute ago, salamar_dree said:

Basic Sensors have no Mods, so no, you can't do that. You need to use the other one.

Now I am loosing my mind, I could have sworn that on one of the older drafts that the basic sensors could be modded once to short range.

Full blown delusion apparently, just looked through the old drafts. Not there.

13 minutes ago, salamar_dree said:

@Gordian Naught

😁

I thought you had already built it using the newest rules?

2 minutes ago, Gordian Naught said:

Sorry, I didn't catch that.

Looks like you did!

23 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

@Gordian Naught

😁

22 hours ago, Gordian Naught said:

22 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

Sorry, I didn't catch that.

Looks like you did!

I had built it in the thread to figure out what changes to the rules were needed but I didn't transcribe it into the spreadsheet... not sure if it's in there... you both seem to think the other put it there.

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I had built it in the thread to figure out what changes to the rules were needed but I didn't transcribe it into the spreadsheet... not sure if it's in there... you both seem to think the other put it there.

I thought @salamar_dree was talking about the cargo skiff originally, then realized that he was talking about the Luxury-class. I had already put the Luxury-class in the spreadsheet using your build as a base.

Edited by Gordian Naught

The lancer pursuit craft (I think in no disintegrations) has a special targeting computer that lets all of them be fired at a single target with one roll. We need an attachment to replicate that.

Maybe let it divide weapons into groups the user can target. For example if you've got 2 light turbolaser turrets with fore starboard aft fire arcs and 2 with fore port and aft... you could fire the starboard on even rounds and port on odd rounds (slow firing 1)

Yeah. The Mk IV FCS is tricky. It allows you to fire all weapons in 1 firing arc, combining their features.

But if the FCS is knocked offline, ALL ship's weapons are disabled.

Definitely unique, but it's all or nothing.

🤔

The lancer has Fwd twin light lasers, Turret-mounted (FA All) triple light lasers, and a ventral-mounted (still FA All) light tractor beam.

When fired together, the Fwd lasers change their Linked rtg to 4 and adds Tractor 2, but only this weapon can be fired.

Edited by salamar_dree
49 minutes ago, salamar_dree said:

Yeah. The Mk IV FCS is tricky. It allows you to fire all weapons in 1 firing arc, combining their features.

But if the FCS is knocked offline, ALL ship's weapons are disabled.

Definitely unique, but it's all or nothing.

🤔

The lancer has Fwd twin light lasers, Turret-mounted (FA All) triple light lasers, and a ventral-mounted (still FA All) light tractor beam.

When fired together, the Fwd lasers change their Linked rtg to 4 and adds Tractor 2, but only this weapon can be fired.

It's only 1 arc because 1 of the weapons is only 1 arc.

The poper generalization is only shared arcs

For example is if you had 2 turrets on the starboard side

1 could shoot forward starboard aft and dorsal (up)

The other could shoot forward starboard aft and central

Then if they were linked together the linked assembly could shoot forward starboard aft (but not dorsal or ventral).

I'm thinking of naming it something like "Dynamic Fire Control System" and giving it mods to increase the number of groups the weapons can be assigned to (starts with 1), if you have slow firing 1 (or 2) weapons you could cycle through groups across turns. or you can auto switch between firing groups as the target switches covered fire arcs, but should groups have to be preassigned or whatever has a view of the target fires... limited to weapons having same damage + tractor (or maybe Dynamic grouping is a mod, you set an upper limit on linked then... that starting to get too complicated).