Precise 1 ?

By Tirnaog, in Rules

Morning all,

So my STers have Precise 1. And if I give them the upgrade card Targeting scopes.

Does that mean when I spend an Aim token they can reroll 2 dice?

Just checking. I think thats how it should work.

2 minutes ago, Tirnaog said:

Morning all,

So my STers have Precise 1. And if I give them the upgrade card Targeting scopes.

Unit keywords are supposed to stack, but nowhere in the rules does it say that.

So if you have storm troopers with scopes, they can reroll 4 dice. Aim lets you reroll 2, and then for every point of Precise, you can reroll an additional die.

iirc the only time its specifically stated they stack is Impact X rules, but yes theyre all suppose to stack.
Only things that dont stack are effects that dont have a value attached to it.

8 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

iirc the only time its specifically stated they stack is Impact X rules, but yes theyre all suppose to stack.
Only things that dont stack are effects that dont have a value attached to it.

Yea but Impact is a weapon key word, which works separately from unit key words, which Precise falls under.

On 3/30/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tirnaog said:

Morning all,

Four dice actually. Aim=2, each of the precise 1’s adds another.

All right, but if the keywords are stacking a unit of Stormtroopers of 5 why not rerolling 5+2 dices when aiming? Every single miniature in the squad has Precise 1, 5 by 1 plus 2 for Aim order? I don't feel it right, but need some clarification rulewise, why Impact x stacking while Precise n not...

7 hours ago, cserz said:

All right, but if the keywords are stacking a unit of Stormtroopers of 5 why not rerolling 5+2 dices when aiming? Every single miniature in the squad has Precise 1, 5 by 1 plus 2 for Aim order? I don't feel it right, but need some clarification rulewise, why Impact x stacking while Precise n not...

Because Precise is a unit keyword. Weapon keywords, like Impact, stack by the number of weapons involved. Unit keywords only stack (we assume) by the number of units involved. 1 stormtrooper unit, 1 Precise keyword.

5 hours ago, Gullwind said:

Because Precise is a unit keyword. Weapon keywords, like Impact, stack by the number of weapons involved. Unit keywords only stack (we assume) by the number of units involved. 1 stormtrooper unit, 1 Precise keyword.

So AT-ST''s and Weiss's Arsenal don't stack? Then what Weiss do for 10 points?

8 minutes ago, cserz said:

So AT-ST''s and Weiss's Arsenal don't stack? Then what Weiss do for 10 points?

Reply hazy - try again.

30 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Reply hazy - try again.

ATSTs have Arsenal 2 base.

ATSTs have a potential of 4 weapons.

General Weiss - who at this point in time can only go on ATSTs - grants Arsenal 2.

If General Weiss’ Arsenal 2 and the ATSTs inherent Arsenal 2 do not stack - what is the point of General Weiss being included in the ATST pack for 10 points?

If his ability was future proofing, he would be in a future expansion.

Edited by Drasnighta
10 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

what is the point of General Weiss being included in the ATST pack for 10 points?

" Ask again later"

I can do this 3 more times, then I run out of magic 8 ball answers.

38 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

" Ask again later"

I can do this 3 more times, then I run out of magic 8 ball answers.

Ahh, I thought you were legitimately asking for clarification.

Carry on, then.

Magic 8 ball is best we have at the moment. RAI seems pretty obvious they stack. FFG doesn't like to include dead weight in the expansions, people tend to get annoyed. But, the rules also don't actually say how Unit Keyword stacking is supposed to work.

Now, you'd think FFG would catch this, but I'm pretty sure they're proofreading department for all products is one drunk hamster, so this sort of oversight happens.

5 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Magic 8 ball is best we have at the moment. RAI seems pretty obvious they stack. FFG doesn't like to include dead weight in the expansions, people tend to get annoyed. But, the rules also don't actually say how Unit Keyword stacking is supposed to work.

Now, you'd think FFG would catch this, but I'm pretty sure they're proofreading department for all products is one drunk hamster, so this sort of oversight happens.

Take it up with the person(s) involved.

They are named in the credits, after all... calling them names isn’t helpful.

15 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

I dunno, it seems pretty obvious to me that Weiss and Arsenal 2 stack. It would make zero sense to play Weiss with the AT-ST otherwise. Someone in the "Arsenal" thread also referred to something in the rule book to verify this. I would suggest checking that thread out too for more clarification.

Thanks for all the replies.

After playing the demo game and a full 800pt game, two core sets, I have decided on the following:

For the unit Precise 1 on spending the Aim gives me 2 dice re-roll.

The scopes adds another dice to the re-roll giving me 3 re-roll dice altogether.

4 minutes ago, Tirnaog said:

Thanks for all the replies.

After playing the demo game and a full 800pt game, two core sets, I have decided on the following:

For the unit Precise 1 on spending the Aim gives me 2 dice re-roll.

The scopes adds another dice to the re-roll giving me 3 re-roll dice altogether.

Not quite. Aim token gives you two dice on its own. Precise gives you another dice, so three. Scopes adds another dice, so Stormtroopers with an aim token, their Precise keyword and scopes will reroll FOUR dice.

Hmm

The Rebels aint gona like that!

:)

Based on my experience with quantified keywords in other FFG games, I'm pretty sure we'll find out that Precise 1 from Stormtroopers and Precise 1 from Targeting Scopes will stack. My only question is how it will be ruled that they interact with split weapon pools. So your Targeting Scoped Stormtrooper Squad aims, then fires its 5 E-11s at a bunch of Rebel Troopers, and the MPL-57 trooper fires his heavy weapon at the T-47 Airspeeder. There are misses on both pools of dice -- how many white dice can I re-roll? How many black dice? THAT is the question I'm not sure how it will be answered.

20 minutes ago, kaffis said:

Based on my experience with quantified keywords in other FFG games, I'm pretty sure we'll find out that Precise 1 from Stormtroopers and Precise 1 from Targeting Scopes will stack. My only question is how it will be ruled that they interact with split weapon pools. So your Targeting Scoped Stormtrooper Squad aims, then fires its 5 E-11s at a bunch of Rebel Troopers, and the MPL-57 trooper fires his heavy weapon at the T-47 Airspeeder. There are misses on both pools of dice -- how many white dice can I re-roll? How many black dice? THAT is the question I'm not sure how it will be answered.

Now THAT is a good question. Off the bat I'd say you're entitled to four rerolls total, and you split those how you wish....but I'm by no means sure.

That's my guess as to how it'll play out, too. For expediency's sake, I imagine you can roll both pools simultaneously, and then choose how to split the rerolls, too, though that's very generous.

Also, please ignore that I crossed factions with my heavy weapons. ;) Imagine I correctly wrote an HH-12 in there instead of an MPL-57 on that example.

Edited by kaffis
1 hour ago, kaffis said:

You resolve each attack pool. So you only roll 1 attack at a time, but you gather all the dice at the same time. If you spend an Aim in the first attack, the attack actually resolves before the second attack happens. Check step 10 of the attack, which is on the next page (15).

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

You resolve each attack pool. So you only roll 1 attack at a time, but you gather all the dice at the same time. If you spend an Aim in the first attack, the attack actually resolves before the second attack happens. Check step 10 of the attack, which is on the next page (15).

Ugh, right! So you would only get to use that token, and everything else, on one attack pool.....

23 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Ah, good call. However, if you had a second aim token, like if Fleet Troopers had Aimed and then Stood By, I imagine you could spend an aim token on each pool, and gain the benefits of precise on both aimings.

2 minutes ago, kaffis said:

Ah, good call. However, if you had a second aim token, like if Fleet Troopers had Aimed and then Stood By, I imagine you could spend an aim token on each pool, and gain the benefits of precise on both aimings.

This is correct