Using Luke's courage value when checking for panic

By CKLSK, in Rules

A unit's courage value is the total of all minis in a squad, 4 minis, 4 courage. When checking for panic, does the squad check with Luke's value per mini (12 courage for the panic check), or does the squad check with 3 courage?

Nope mate, a units courage value is the number written on the card! So for rebel troopers, its 1 :)

47 minutes ago, CKLSK said:

A unit's courage value is the total of all minis in a squad, 4 minis, 4 courage. When checking for panic, does the squad check with Luke's value per mini (12 courage for the panic check), or does the squad check with 3 courage?

it checks with luke's value, which is 3. courage is never multiplied. 4 troopers have 1 courage, not 4. :)

45 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Nope mate, a units courage value is the number written on the card! So for rebel troopers, its 1 :)

To expand a bit, the number printed on the card is the Courage Value per unit , not per mini.

If a unit is in Range 1-3 of Luke then they use his Courage of 3 instead of their Courage of 1, so they won't Panic unless they have 6+ Suppression tokens. They will still lose an Action if they have 1 Suppression token, however.

The other part, that I completely missed during a challenge duel, was that Luke doesn't lose an action until he has at least 3 Suppression tokens, but gains the Cover bonus from Suppression as soon as he has 1 Suppression Token.

2 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

The other part, that I completely missed during a challenge duel, was that Luke doesn't lose an action until he has at least 3 Suppression tokens, but gains the Cover bonus from Suppression as soon as he has 1 Suppression Token.

ohh, nice catch, i missed that as well! :lol:

That clarifies things, thanks.

1 hour ago, NeonWolf said:

where does it say this?

6 minutes ago, thebigeb2589 said:

where does it say this?

Under Suppression in the RRG pg 41 and 42.

If a trooper unit has one or more suppression tokens
assigned to it, that unit improves its cover by one when
defending against ranged attacks.

Edited by KingCHUD
1 minute ago, KingCHUD said:

Under Suppression in the RRG pg 41 and 42.

If a trooper unit has one or more suppression tokens
assigned to it, that unit improves its cover by one when
defending against ranged attacks.

not that part, the part about luke not losing an action till he hits 3 tokens. i missed that as well.

So an entire unit of troopers whether there’s 2 or 6 is panicked when it has at least 1 suppression token and panicked at 2?

1 minute ago, thebigeb2589 said:

not that part, the part about luke not losing an action till he hits 3 tokens. i missed that as well.

Same section of the RRG

During the “Perform Actions” step of a trooper unit’s
activation, if it has a number of suppression tokens
assigned to it that is equal to or greater than its courage
value, a player can perform only one action instead of
two (plus any number of free actions).

Luke has a Courage value of 3

2 minutes ago, Patteous said:

So an entire unit of troopers whether there’s 2 or 6 is panicked when it has at least 1 suppression token and panicked at 2?

Suppressed at 1 and panicked at 2+ yes

2 hours ago, Patteous said:

Yes....beware the AT-ST mortar and units splitting fire just to drop suppression tokens.

6 hours ago, Patteous said:

You always do a rally check when activating a unit with suppression, that check is done before determining if the unit is panicked.