Custom Investigators

By Morgaln, in Fan Creations

Gar_Stazi said:

This is Trevor Bruttenholm (Pronounced "Broom" for some odd reason), the 'father' of Hellboy. Most people will remember that he died in the first Hellboy movie and had a short cameo at the beginning of the second one.

It prenouced Bruttenholm. Broom is just a nickname the soliders gave him. And on side note, he died in the very first Hellboy comic, too (Seeds of Destruction #1).

edit: he doesn't have any random possessions

edit: the first ability is "2 extra"

adamtragerfrontside.jpg

Gar_Stazi said:

(In the coming weeks expect to see a bunch of posts by me with lots of custom things! I could work on Strange Eons all day!)

No one can say you make overpowered investigators. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Broom saves a clue maybe 3 times in a game.

Screwhead gives no power, just a ability that he he loses in one location and gains in another. He is guaranteed a slightly better than average skill, just slightly.

So nobody replied on my Rick O'Connel investigator, but it doesn't really matter. Now, I have completed an other investigator for my Mummy set. My friend, Beni.

Beni Gabor

Here are the explanations of his abilities:

Willing Slave : What does Benny do when Imhotep is about to kill him? He agree to serve him and help him become immortal again. This is exactly what this ability represents, but in game terms. He lose this ability when the AO awakens for obvious gameplay reasons. If he didn't, he could take on any AO almost single handedly.

Fast Retreat : Benny's best skill is to run when there is danger. Hence this useful little ability.

Join the Winning Team : Like I said, Benny main character development in the movie is that he sides with the villain. So this card is thematically appropriate. And I gave him a random ally to help him a little bit in this mission (in exchange, he lost some sanity). The random ally will be explained in his backstory (which I haven't read yet)

Oh, and for those interested, here's my Rick O'Connell investigator, complete with backstory!

secard86268238866463404.jpg

secard90846131915886116.jpg

Please, please give me some feedback! I'm a newbie to the game and to customization, so please help!

Yeah, well, I don't care. I want to make my own, and I will. Some characters are very different than what I had in mind (Jonathan for example, reuse an ability while I had created a new one for him) and I don't like the Imothep picture (his abilities are also not what I had in mind)

So, just disregard this thread and comment on mine please? Like you would for any other investigator?

davemcnillfrontside.jpg

jessicayoungfrontside.jpg

Hrm... Jessica's stronger than Darrell. And Dave is, well, interesting, but probably broken. If I had to chose between him and Joe Diamond, I'd choose him— even though he can't instakill with a shotgun.

Why is Dave broken? Because of the Sword of Glory? I was actually toying with the idea to give him a Shotgun as well (instead of random commons) but I figured it'd be pushing it. I don't know, there's nothing game-braking about him, except for maybe is final battle ability, which is the least important part of the game anyway.

Regarding Jessica, I don't see any harm of her being better than Darrel/Gloria. It's not like either of them is the best investigator. And besides, I figured her ability will be a lot of fun to use.

First of all I would like to say I'm sorry for even thinking about questioning your greatness kroen the mighty but your two (in fact most) investigators here seem to be taking the Horror out of Arkham Horror and just leaving Arkham...

Yes he's broken for starting off with the Sword.

Second he can chose what monsters he will fight.

Third he doesn't really need to worry about Sanity loss due to regain Sanity and chose what monsters to fight abilities so he Fight be up all the time! Unless of course the monster womps him for >3 sanity but then you don't chose that monster.

Young...draws two cards! hmmm this one makes me fight a monster this one gives me a unique...she really could just go around and not have to prepare for anything by just taking/ farming the juicy encounters...True sometimes you will be stuck with two bad ones but mostly no...

again I would like to say Sorry for questioning you and please don't report me.

To Collex I never really got into the Mummy movies but those guys seem to have character. Character as in having weakness and strength.

MrsGamura said:

First of all I would like to say I'm sorry for even thinking about questioning your greatness kroen the mighty but your two (in fact most) investigators here seem to be taking the Horror out of Arkham Horror and just leaving Arkham...

Yes he's broken for starting off with the Sword.

Second he can chose what monsters he will fight.

Third he doesn't really need to worry about Sanity loss due to regain Sanity and chose what monsters to fight abilities so he Fight be up all the time! Unless of course the monster womps him for >3 sanity but then you don't chose that monster.

Young...draws two cards! hmmm this one makes me fight a monster this one gives me a unique...she really could just go around and not have to prepare for anything by just taking/ farming the juicy encounters...True sometimes you will be stuck with two bad ones but mostly no...

again I would like to say Sorry for questioning you and please don't report me.

To Collex I never really got into the Mummy movies but those guys seem to have character. Character as in having weakness and strength.

Don't mock me. The guy basically called all my work crap for voicing my opinion. I did not deserved this.

kroen said:

Why is Dave broken? Because of the Sword of Glory? I was actually toying with the idea to give him a Shotgun as well (instead of random commons) but I figured it'd be pushing it. I don't know, there's nothing game-braking about him, except for maybe is final battle ability, which is the least important part of the game anyway.

Regarding Jessica, I don't see any harm of her being better than Darrel/Gloria. It's not like either of them is the best investigator. And besides, I figured her ability will be a lot of fun to use.

He has three very powerful abilities (and he can max his fight and rely on his double monster selection to not have to worry about horror checks). He also starts with a Sword of Glory.

Darrell is one of the three best investigators if you know where to go to find certain encounters so you can get (alchemy, remove doom token— no, not at South Church, retainer).

Collex said:

Yeah, well, I don't care. I want to make my own, and I will. Some characters are very different than what I had in mind (Jonathan for example, reuse an ability while I had created a new one for him) and I don't like the Imothep picture (his abilities are also not what I had in mind)

So, just disregard this thread and comment on mine please? Like you would for any other investigator?

Hmmm, I just reread that and my god was I harsh. I think that the guy whomade these characters before me did a good job. He just did it differently than I do it, but that's fine. Diversity of opinion is a good thing. So I don't want anybody to think I was calling the work crap, just that I don't want to stop because someone tought about it before I even knew the game!

And please, give me some feedback on them please

Thanks to everyone, especially to MrsGamura (for the comment)

P.S.: Oh, by the way, Rick's home should be Library, not Velma's Diner. I messed up here.

hasturfrontside.jpg

The way Sister Mary should have been:

fatherantonyfrontside.jpg

kroen said:

Kroen said:

Don't mock me. The guy basically called all my work crap for voicing my opinion. I did not deserved this.

I just realized why you got so offended by that post I made the other day; I think you read it wrong. I did not call your work crap, please read it again. The post means "No one harshly criticises your custom submissions, please give us the same courtesy."

To "crap all over something" means to harshly criticise it. I was not calling your work crap. That also explains a little better why you thought it was worth reporting I suppose.

Sothis said:

kroen said:

Kroen said:

I just realized why you got so offended by that post I made the other day; I think you read it wrong. I did not call your work crap, please read it again. The post means "No one harshly criticises your custom submissions, please give us the same courtesy."

To "crap all over something" means to harshly criticise it. I was not calling your work crap. That also explains a little better why you thought it was worth reporting I suppose.

You said "no one gives a crap on your submissions". No you don't give a crap. There's a difference. Also an important life lesson: Even if that what you thinks, keep it to yourself. Saying/posting whatever you think will eventually alienate everyone you know. And what's really upsetting is that you didn't really not give a crap for everything I posted. You were that I dismissed your ideas for cursed items. Well, like it or don't, not all people are going to have the same opinion as you. And starting mouthing on someone over voicing their opinion will get you nowhere in life.

kroen said:

hasturfrontside.jpg

Ok. So I understand it's probably for fun, but frankly, I don't like it much. First, it makes no thematic sense. But that's stating the obvious.

What I like less is that your only goal with this one seems to be to go against all rules for invertigators, thus making something overly complicated for no reasons.

I think the sheer awkwardness of this investigator destroy the fun it is supposed to be. I really would not use it, even as a "joke". Good job on the picture tough.

kroen said:

Sothis said:

kroen said:

Kroen said:

You said "no one gives a crap on your submissions". No you don't give a crap. There's a difference. Also an important life lesson: Even if that what you thinks, keep it to yourself. Saying/posting whatever you think will eventually alienate everyone you know. And what's really upsetting is that you didn't really not give a crap for everything I posted. You were that I dismissed your ideas for cursed items. Well, like it or don't, not all people are going to have the same opinion as you. And starting mouthing on someone over voicing their opinion will get you nowhere in life.

No, he didn't say that, I tried to find the original quote, but it looks like it was deleted (or I wasn't able to find it, but I think it's the former). He basically accused you of crapping on other people's work, but the way he wrote it sounded like he was calling your work crap if it wasn't read carefully. I noticed this immediately when I first read it, but unfortunately I can't find it to quote it. Anyways, I wish everyone would just shut up about their feelings already, this is supposed to be the Arkham Horror forum, not the Arkham ***** ***** ***** forum (which is why I didn't say anything before— but here's me saying something now). These posts are unfriendly and off-topic (in fact, I think we have a thread for off-topic posts). I don't think these forums are the appropriate place for flame wars, regardless of who is in the wrong and to what degree.

Kroen, Avi is right. Like I said you read my post wrong. It looks like English isn't your first language so I understand. I did NOT say "no one gives a crap on your submissions." I said "no one craps all over your submissions" (which means no one harshly criticises your submissions). Your interpretation has a TOTALLY different meaning. You got mad over nothing!

Well in that case I'm sorry. But I didn't "crap" on your submissions. I just expressed my opinion that stuff that must be bought won't be fun. It's a valid critcism, and not harsh on any measures.

johnsamusfrontside.jpg

This one is an original I thought of. I am free for any comments.

Lester--Kain-Front-Side.png

Bioagent said:

::Cough cough:: I'm pretty sure Herbert West is actually an ally. Also, why would you want to revive a devoured investigator? Devoured investigators are replaced by new randomly selected investigators.

Bioagent said:

This one is an original I thought of. I am free for any comments.

Lester--Kain-Front-Side.png

::Laughter:: I'm amused that his fight check is so high. At first I was laughing at his fight check (I was imaginging a blind guy using firearms), but then I noticed the weapons bonus feature. I liked the blindness boosting his resistence for horror :') I enjoyed this card, I thought it was very thematic (and somewhat balanced, or at least strange and not completely broken— due to his combat checks being crippled). One thing though, there's a typo in the last paragraph. It should be lose, not loose. Also :') If you'd pick a picture that's more in line with the other character portraits (semi-cartoonish), that'd be good too ;') Uhhh... I did a bit of google searching and couldn't find anything :' but I did find a few other blind pictures you might like

http://www.riff.it/public/upload/LDVDS.jpg

http://www.danheller.com/images/LatinAmerica/Mexico/Mulege/blind-man-shadow-big.jpg

And the best for last :'D

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/1413589-lg.jpg