My own take on GM sheets

By HedgeWizard, in Genesys

HAHAHA! SHOOT! Thanks for spotting ? I'll update shortly.

Lo! It has been updated.

This is great! - Thank you.

Minor typo on most recent version - missing symbol from Fire Discipline on the vehicle page, under actions.

With respect to the homebrew weapon qualities:

Does Precise - for weapons with crit ratings of 3 or lower - have a substantial purpose? (because anyone can spend adv = weapon crit rating, beyond that required to activate the crit, to increase the crit roll by 10 per additional multiple spent - as explained in the sidebar on criticals on the following page)

How does the weapon quality Fast work, when there is more than one enemy? — I'm guessing it doesn't?

Edited by RamMegiddo
On 5/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, RamMegiddo said:

Minor typo on most recent version - missing symbol from Fire Discipline on the vehicle page, under actions.

Good catch! Will update.

Does Precise - for weapons with crit ratings of 3 or lower - have a substantial purpose? (because anyone can spend adv = weapon crit rating, beyond that required to activate the crit, to increase the crit roll by 10 per additional multiple spent - as explained in the sidebar on criticals on the following page) 

Yeah; I am not sold on the cost, but while multiple criticals allow you to add +10 to results, Precise allows you to move in either direction towards a specific effect.

How does the weapon quality Fast work, when there is more than one enemy? — I'm guessing it doesn't? 

I don't see why it couldn't, but as "designed" it was tailored for a "fast draw" style combat encounter against a single opponent, and not to magically get the drop in any combat encounter no matter how prepared or numerous the enemies are.

I cribbed them both from WFRP v3, so they aren't perfectly applicable in Genesys is my guess.

In the silhouette size box you have size 2 listed as 'most writing animals'.

4 hours ago, Mogloth said:

In the silhouette size box you have size 2 listed as 'most writing animals'.

it takes a big animal to know when they are write ?

Edited by lyinggod

Shoooooot!

Will update soon. Thanks for catching!

On 5/21/2018 at 12:38 AM, lyinggod said:

it takes a big animal to know when they are write ?

But 2 writes don't make a wrong.

Wait, that's not how that saying goes.

I just realized I never posted the updated sheet... which I've just done.

No more writing animals.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, HedgeWizard said:

In case others find this useful...

UPDATED to 1.3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qJ68EjAgJfqikpT1B_5f2UV7QHasxRj0

It currently is missing one very critical table, but I think otherwise represents the bulk of the necessary info a GM needs at their fingertips. Happy to get feedback (but given work/life schedules at the moment, it will likely be a while before I can iterate and update).

1.3 The critical table has been added. Small typos addressed.

I love this! Can I get a copy I can edit so I can add my homes brew stuff to it?

I work these up with a few tools, the raw details are in a licensed Curio file type, which isn't supported by any other text editor that I am aware of. Your best bet would be to capture the text via PDF and format in your own tool.

FYI. the symbols are missing from the barrier addon of reflection.

should be

"If an opponent makes a magic attack against an affected target and generates threat x3 or despair on the check, after the check is resolved, they suffer a hit dealing damage equal to the total damage of the attack."

Very minor error on page 3, under Aim:

"To target a specific item/location: [] or [][] if you spend 2 consecutive maneuvers."

I presume it should be " ... [][] or [] if you ...", so that the task gets easier, not harder if you spend two maneuvers to aim at a specific target, rather than one.

Where [] are the black box dice (whose name have temporarily escaped me).

Thanks for this - it is FANTASTIC!!

Phew... it's been an AGE!

Thanks @adairhammer & @RamMegiddo both for the corrections! Apologies that it took so long to get around to updating.

Looks like this is going to replace the one I was going to use... I had to put in some work to get that formatted right too... oh well.

The fact that magic and fear share a page is going to be particularly useful in my campaign. Seriously, thanks.

Just updated the sheets with Terrinoth + Beanstalk talents, and Beanstalk hacking.

Awesome! Thank you!

Just a note that I've updated my sheets. Cleaned up the layout a bit, standardized a few things, fixed some errors etc. Grab it up in the OP.

Sad as I am to hear the news they're closing down their RPG line and this likely means the demise of Genesys, I love the mechanics and plan to keep writing for this system.

Please continue to do so!

Your work is fantastic and really appreciated. Thanks a lot!

I've updated them to 3.1.

Some minor fixes (Shield Bash, added magical implements that were missing, etc.)

On 2/23/2020 at 3:06 AM, HedgeWizard said:

Sad as I am to hear the news they're closing down their RPG line and this likely means the demise of Genesys, I love the mechanics and plan to keep writing for this system.

In fact, Genesys will luckily continue to thrive (hopefully). Asmodee relegated their RPGs to EDGE: https://edge-studio.net/

Hopefully, many og the RPG talents from FFG will find there a new home as well.

And thank you very much for your great sheets. Appreciated very much!

Edited by DarthDude

Yeah! I saw that the other week! So glad it found a home and hoping we get much more in the way of settings & mechanics and other things to play with.

I'm in the (very slow) process of working up two setting (one pretty generic fantasy, the other cowboy bebop meets shadow run meets the expanse) and will share when I have some good assets to pass along.

I've been thinking of rejiggering the GM sheets for a v4.0 with some of the layout a bit more logical. Happy to take in feedback from folks if they have any.

20 hours ago, HedgeWizard said:

Yeah! I saw that the other week! So glad it found a home and hoping we get much more in the way of settings & mechanics and other things to play with.

I'm in the (very slow) process of working up two setting (one pretty generic fantasy, the other cowboy bebop meets shadow run meets the expanse) and will share when I have some good assets to pass along.

I've been thinking of rejiggering the GM sheets for a v4.0 with some of the layout a bit more logical. Happy to take in feedback from folks if they have any.

Looking forward very much to both!