I Have You Now - Not-so-new (but still opinionated) Armada blog

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada

Just now, Green Knight said:

Much appreciated...my editor is on permanent vacation, and typos of all kinds sneak into the text!

Alright then. I don't know quite when I'll be able to do it, but maybe next weekend.

Grint is niche, for sure. I like him on a Interdoctor or a carrier.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I'm tinkering with a TFA/STM build. I might snake that Draven loadout for the Pelta. My only hold up is Hondo is currently in the slot and points are a little too tight for me to feel comfortable with Phoenix Home. I might leave Hondo at home for a bit to see if I really need him. 3 anti-squad dice coming out of the Pelta is extremely tempting.

35 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

I'm tinkering with a TFA/STM build. I might snake that Draven loadout for the Pelta. My only hold up is Hondo is currently in the slot and points are a little too tight for me to feel comfortable with Phoenix Home. I might leave Hondo at home for a bit to see if I really need him. 3 anti-squad dice coming out of the Pelta is extremely tempting.

My blog, delivering quality content since February 2018 ?

On 2/16/2018 at 4:26 PM, Truthiness said:

I did it for you:

Name: A Wild Sato Appears
Faction: Rebel
Commander: Commander Sato

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Fire Lanes
Navigation: Sensor Net

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)
• Commander Sato (32)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• External Racks (3)
• Wide-Area Barrage (2)
= 152 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Wide-Area Barrage (2)
• Task Force Antilles (3)
= 45 Points

• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Wide-Area Barrage (2)
= 45 Points

• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Wide-Area Barrage (2)
= 45 Points

Pelta Assault Ship (56)
• General Draven (3)
• Shields to Maximum! (6)
• Wide-Area Barrage (2)
= 67 Points

Squadrons:
• Tycho Celchu (16)
• 2 x VCX-100 Freighter (30)
= 46 Points

Total Points: 400

Early Warning System (EWS): https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/02/wave-7-updages-early-warning-system.html

I go into some length, as this may well be the most important upgrade* in this wave.

* most important normal, non-meta alerting upgrade - Raddus, Pryce, Bail, maybe SAdv are all more important for the overall meta.

Edited by Green Knight
49 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Early Warning System (EWS): https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/02/wave-7-updages-early-warning-system.html

I go into some length, as this may well be the most important upgrade in this wave.

Good article! By the way, not a big deal but even though you mention the MC30 many times it's missing from the actual list of ships that can take EWS.

Love all the great content. Keep it coming.

45 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Good article! By the way, not a big deal but even though you mention the MC30 many times it's missing from the actual list of ships that can take EWS.

Fixed. Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Today's wave 7 goodness is the Heavy Ion Emplacements: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/02/wave-7-upgrades-heavy-ion-emplacements.html

I think this is an important w7 upgrade, with several uses beyond the Raider-2 DCaps/HIE build.

Totally wasn't discussing using a B with HIE earlier today. Nope.

Faction: Rebel
Commander: Commander Sato

Assault: Advanced Gunnery
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Solar Corona

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)
• Commander Sato (32)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Early Warning System (7)
• External Racks (3)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
= 157 Points

Pelta Assault Ship (56)
• General Draven (3)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
= 70 Points

CR90 Corvette B (39)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Jaina's Light (2)
= 50 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Toryn Farr (7)
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 29 Points

Squadrons:
• 4 x Z-95 Headhunter Squadron (28)
• 2 x YT-1300 (26)
• Jan Ors (19)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
= 89 Points

Total Points: 395

If Sato: CR90A, so it can shoot blue at LONG range :D

Ok, too complicated, but fun!

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

If Sato: CR90A, so it can shoot blue at LONG range :D

Ok, too complicated, but fun!

CR90As have Turbolasers and the Bs have ions.

I must say the MC-75 is definitely the go to Sato boat as it is just perfect for his ability. I have never thought that a ship would make me want to play a specific admiral like Sato.

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Today's wave 7 goodness is the Heavy Ion Emplacements: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/02/wave-7-upgrades-heavy-ion-emplacements.html

I think this is an important w7 upgrade, with several uses beyond the Raider-2 DCaps/HIE build.

You list ISD 2 and Kurt twice right after each other. Removing the redundant mention makes the number of rebs-Imp ships the same.

4 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You list ISD 2 and Kurt twice right after each other. Removing the redundant mention makes the number of rebs-Imp ships the same.

I just think that the rebels need a medium ship with offensive retrofits and ion cannons. But what kind of ship would it be I wonder....

latest?cb=20170419062056

9 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

CR90As have Turbolasers and the Bs have ions.

I must say the MC-75 is definitely the go to Sato boat as it is just perfect for his ability. I have never thought that a ship would make me want to play a specific admiral like Sato.

Oc... so sad...

10 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Numbers are hard... fixed!

37 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I just think that the rebels need a medium ship with offensive retrofits and ion cannons. But what kind of ship would it be I wonder....

latest?cb=20170419062056

I have always maintained that a medium ship with only blue dice, an offensive retrofit slot and 2 ion slots is most desirable.

Rather than going all in on antisquadrons, I see it as a better tool when you have spare points from a more normalized list, say 2 MC75s that both take it and just add up standard flack plus ord pod shots. I think building it up like in your examples is too large of an opportunity cost.

Something more like this:

27848875_10157213829029768_986023839_n.png?oh=a317e66515323a51366c3b946757cbbc&oe=5A8FB1F2

4 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

Rather than going all in on antisquadrons, I see it as a better tool when you have spare points from a more normalized list, say 2 MC75s that both take it and just add up standard flack plus ord pod shots. I think building it up like in your examples is too large of an opportunity cost.

Something more like this:

27848875_10157213829029768_986023839_n.png?oh=a317e66515323a51366c3b946757cbbc&oe=5A8FB1F2

I agree - and have written as much I the article, that some of the sample builds are a little over the top.