App Update

By The Cocky Rooster, in Legends of the Alliance

All units added!

Yes! And they show up in current campaigns, so no need to start over.

Dewback and Jabba loaded in 2nd last mission!

28slwtk.png

Well, that was a surprise. I thought they were going to slowly release them over time, but... all of them? Wow!

Has anyone seen any wampas or tusken raiders yet? I'm curious to find out if they dropped the habitat rule.

I'm also curious to see if there is a connection between the villain type and mission. Would be strange, for example, to see a Rancor on Yavin.

One of the ST groups had the Skirmish attachment below!!

J4sIkKt.jpg roG1EIb.jpg

Funny story. Ko-Tun threw a frag grenade that took out all 3 of "Vader's Finest" lol

I can get the update on steam, but not on my android tablet or phone at the moment.

This looks great and earlier than anticipated, but I do hope the deployments don’t end up being all weird and random. For those of us who like the story element, it is a bit weird that the infamous Hutt crime lord has suddenly turned up.

I'm looking forward to a longer, more intense campaign using tiles from the expansions. That'll take a while though as the missions will need building and testing and the progression system for characters will need slowing down for a longer campaign.

14 hours ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

One of the ST groups had the Skirmish attachment below!!

J4sIkKt.jpg roG1EIb.jpg

Did the app instruct you to include the attachment or was that just your house rule?

Also, love your 3D elements on the board. Where did you get your tree stumps and door from?

1 minute ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Did the app instruct you to include the attachment or was that just your house rule?

Also, love your 3D elements on the board. Where did you get your tree stumps and door from?

It said to add 1 regular Vader's Finest Stormtrooper Group. It didn't actually say to get the card. I was pulling my hair out looking for a group called that. lol I have all of IA so I thought I missed a deployment card. The group had the actions built in.

Door, Crates and Terminals (The price seems to have skyrocketed since I bought them)

Terrain, (I have a bunch more that I'll be featuring in the pics on my Instagram account)

13 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

It said to add 1 regular Vader's Finest Stormtrooper Group. It didn't actually say to get the card. I was pulling my hair out looking for a group called that. lol I have all of IA so I thought I missed a deployment card. The group had the actions built in.

Door, Crates and Terminals (The price seems to have skyrocketed since I bought them)

Terrain, (I have a bunch more that I'll be featuring in the pics on my Instagram account)

Awesome. Looks like the door is a 3D print. What is the detail quality? I tried printing doors, crates and terminals using the printer at our local library but the quality was so horrible that I'll probably just throw them away.

5 minutes ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Awesome. Looks like the door is a 3D print. What is the detail quality? I tried printing doors, crates and terminals using the printer at our local library but the quality was so horrible that I'll probably just throw them away.

dQQarfx.jpg I had them painted.

5 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

I had them painted.

They look great!

Just now, dwaynedauzat said:

They look great!

Thanks.

Here's a better look at the stumps.

m9mFEql.jpg

5 hours ago, Master Wang said:

This looks great and earlier than anticipated, but I do hope the deployments don’t end up being all weird and random. For those of us who like the story element, it is a bit weird that the infamous Hutt crime lord has suddenly turned up.

I did a test of the first mission and a Snowtrooper group appeared in the jungle. :unsure:

Dengar also showed up.

Edited by dwaynedauzat
Just now, dwaynedauzat said:

I did a test of the first mission and a Snowtrooper group appeared in the jungle. :unsure:

I saw a post on BGG someone had a Wampa show up in the desert :(

2 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

...a Wampa show up in the desert :(

Poor fella. Just trying to find his way in the galaxy.

10 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

Perhaps it was a Tatooine Howler.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tatooine_Howler

We could always just have a tan painted wampa on hand for such occasions.

1 minute ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Perhaps it was a Tatooine Howler.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tatooine_Howler

We could always just have a tan painted wampa on hand for such occasions.

Huh, who knew!

50 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

Ah, this kinda sucks. Might consider deselecting some of the expansions so this doesn't happen.

This was suggested elsewhere, but it would be nice to have an option to change the enemy spawn, so players can implement their own house rules for these kind of situations.

And it's kind of odd seeing villain groups randomly popping up. I always assumed there was a special "villain spawn" type of mechanic in place where villains would only appear when the specific event calls for one (The door opens to reveal the head of the operation: insert randomized villain).

Seriously, Jabba is raiding Yavin 4? :P

Edited by Armandhammer
4 hours ago, Armandhammer said:

Ah, this kinda sucks. Might consider deselecting some of the expansions so this doesn't happen.

This was suggested elsewhere, but it would be nice to have an option to change the enemy spawn, so players can implement their own house rules for these kind of situations.

And it's kind of odd seeing villain groups randomly popping up. I always assumed there was a special "villain spawn" type of mechanic in place where villains would only appear when the specific event calls for one (The door opens to reveal the head of the operation: insert randomized villain).

Seriously, Jabba is raiding Yavin 4? :P

I agree with this. We just finished our first app mission and it was really fun. I think it's well done, pretty intuitive and I like how it is a bit more dynamic when compared to the mechanics of the live-IP games (which I also love). I actually really liked playing with just the core set.

BUT- now that they're adding villains/expansions I'll probably reduce my "collection" to avoid things that are too out of whack. There's 2 problems with this that I see:

1) Minor problem- Removing a whole expansion like RtH means that you'll loose the good things too, like HKs and also item cards associated with that expansion. Sure, you won't have snow troopers in the jungle, but I'd miss the HKs. Or jet troopers if you remove JR. Or Heavy troopers if you remove TS. OR--OK, I won't miss anything from BG:)

2) Major problem- If you're playing a Hero from a set that you might otherwise want to remove, then you're really stuck. example- you won't be able to play Verena without opening up the game to Wampas on space ships or in the desert.

In our current campaign, this isn't a problem because we all chose core set Hero's but still- I'd like to see them improve this in the future.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

Wow that... really sucks. I was looking forward to getting to relive my physical content piece by piece as they release new app content. I am not pumped st all to see snow troopers in the jungle or a bantha rider on an imperial ship.

And ya if you de select content you lose a ton of items/crates/heroes. My current campaign just has the finale left.. I'd love to de select but not sure what would happen if we're using heroes and items from those expansions?

Edit: just tested it out, not sure if the random has any kind of filter but my random troop spawns were all imperial, heavies, jets, sentries and isb. Then the usual officer, st , probe droids. The boss spawn seems to be random though, I got grand inquisitor who is again imperial.

Second time through again it was only imperial troops, bad guy was 0-0-0, sentries, jets, isb, heavies. Didn't even see scum in the random options. Maybe they got fixed it? I'm ok with seeing those types of units in an imperial heavy mission, just again I don't want to see snow troopers or wampas.

one thing I did notice though is that the new troops don't have an entrance sound like the probe droid or stormies or Vader. I thought this was a really nice touch and hopefully they update that moving forward.

i think that person is trolling about the Wampanoag I've gone through a few times yet and have yet to see any cross habitat deployments. It actually seems like they have done a good job of keeping it thematic. That or there was a hot fix of some sort to fix it.

Edited by FrogTrigger
59 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

i think that person is trolling about the Wampanoag I've gone through a few times yet and have yet to see any cross habitat deployments. It actually seems like they have done a good job of keeping it thematic. That or there was a hot fix of some sort to fix it.

This is good to know. Let's hope it holds true.