App Update

By The Cocky Rooster, in Legends of the Alliance

1 minute ago, supersayian said:

Well that depends. I just have not got around to trying out the app yet. I just keep reading of problems people have with the app and not really liking the way it plays from what I have been reading. I have it on my laptop with just the core and wave one figures added to the collection. I want to try it that way first before I add anything else. It just depends on how it plays if I continue using it or not.

I interpret all these "problems" as helpful ideas from people who really want to see this already good app become an even greater experience. Nothing in the forum has steered me away from the app but has made me more excited to see what the developers do with it next.

Play the app campaign through at least once. I'm sure there will be some aspect of it that you will enjoy. MTFBWY!

On 02/02/2018 at 7:27 AM, dwaynedauzat said:

I interpret all these "problems" as helpful ideas from people who really want to see this already good app become an even greater experience. Nothing in the forum has steered me away from the app but has made me more excited to see what the developers do with it next.

Play the app campaign through at least once. I'm sure there will be some aspect of it that you will enjoy. MTFBWY!

The app is good and it complements the adversarial campaigns well. Having wildly inappropriate deployments like Wampas outside of snow maps and Sand People outside of desert maps, Jabba or the Emperor showing up as a random deployment is all the more frustrating because we know that FFG is aware of it. The Wampa and Sand People have restrictions on their cards and Darth Vader only shows up when its an appropriate moment.

These things are very frustrating and I hope that they are addressed by FFG, but I would not avoid the app because of them. Once you get an idea of the action order and bonuses of some of the other groups, you could house rule in substitutes.

12 hours ago, coogee78 said:

Once you get an idea of the action order and bonuses of some of the other groups, you could house rule in substitutes.

That is something that I've thought of in order to solo play the classic campaigns too . I've built up a word file with instruction lists for most units that I will refer to when an imperial unit activates.

13 hours ago, coogee78 said:

The app is good and it complements the adversarial campaigns well. Having wildly inappropriate deployments like Wampas outside of snow maps and Sand People outside of desert maps, Jabba or the Emperor showing up as a random deployment is all the more frustrating because we know that FFG is aware of it. The Wampa and Sand People have restrictions on their cards and Darth Vader only shows up when its an appropriate moment.

Exactly that! Even the prob droids at the start of mission 1 (not the tutorial) are hard coded in. And I would even say that they were able to restrict non-unique deployment to imperial units. There are no non-unique scums showing up in mission 1 (at least I don't recall). It's thematic because the mission is all about imperials invading Yavin IV after the destruction of the Death Star (well not right after because the Rebels apparently had time to celebrate and give away medals :lol: )

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

And we got another one! My app updated this morning - I haven't played it yet, but the text says that allies from all expansions will now be available as encounters!

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

And we got another one! My app updated this morning - I haven't played it yet, but the text says that allies from all expansions will now be available as encounters!

I wasn't sure what it mean for an ally to be available as an encounter. The update notes actually say:

- Allies from products you own in the Collection Manager can now be earned through encounters.
- Improved campaign map interface.

I'm looking forward to this as I just started another campaign and finished the first mission. I'm at my first encounter. I failed to keep my troopers alive during the mission so I didn't earn them as an ally. I wonder if I'll be given another chance during this first encounter.

I'm also interested to know how the campaign map interface is improved.

Edited by dwaynedauzat

@dwaynedauzat In my playthrough after the first mission I was given the option to...

do an encounter where we helped Rogue Squadron on a mission. After it succeeded Luke joined up as an ally for a few missions.

I suspect that the new allies will come in in a similar way. And as for the map interface, I'm also curious to see what changes they made!

3 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

@dwaynedauzat In my playthrough after the first mission I was given the option to...

do an encounter where we helped Rogue Squadron on a mission. After it succeeded Luke joined up as an ally for a few missions.

I suspect that the new allies will come in in a similar way. And as for the map interface, I'm also curious to see what changes they made!

Ah, yes. I had forgotten what all happens during the first encounter.

for anyone not at their computer: 4IuszaE.png

We played this weekend and had a choice of two encounters. One was for farmer luke, and the other was for a "mysterious figure" we went and did the mysterious figure one and it showed a random draw from the ally pool. We got Han Solo. Somewhat disappointing as he was a hero we could have earned before the update XD.

23 hours ago, MadFuhrer said:

We played this weekend and had a choice of two encounters. One was for farmer luke, and the other was for a "mysterious figure" we went and did the mysterious figure one and it showed a random draw from the ally pool. We got Han Solo. Somewhat disappointing as he was a hero we could have earned before the update XD.

I saw one instance where I had 3 choices. One that was for the alliance smuggler, one for the alliance rangers and one that was about a random unique ally. Keep playing and you will see them pop-up.

I've played through FF 6 times or so before the Allies update dropped. So I'm going to wait for the next campaign as to not spoil any of the encounters.

1 hour ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

I've played through FF 6 times or so before the Allies update dropped. So I'm going to wait for the next campaign as to not spoil any of the encounters.

Let's hope that next campaign is not too far, far away...

4 minutes ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Let's hope that next campaign is not too far, far away...

And let's further hope that it is IN our galaxy ;)

On 3/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, The Cocky Rooster said:

Anyone have a hint as to how long we'll be waiting to get the next campaign? What about Descent campaigns, were they released quickly?

descent was a bit different because the app dropped with a tutorial not a proper campaign. It was just a collection of side quests. Then a proper full campaign dropped shortly after then it was a bit of a wait, probabaly similar to what we are experiencing now.

I would think we have app content coming shortly after Legion. Right now as is typical of ffg they don't want to divert to much attention away from the new product, especially not one as similar as IA.

Just hurry up with a new campaign utilising the big box expansion tiles!!