Kinds of Huge

By Darth Meanie, in X-Wing Epic Play

On 1/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, Ambaryerno said:

You do realize the Nebulon frigate would be as long as the standard 3x3 board, right?

I was actually wondering if anyone played a game of Armada that when fighter squadrons engaged one another it got played out using X-Wing.

Back in the day before FFG kicked GW SOMP port in the minature market, Some players tried that with 40K Epic and Warhammer 40k.

For Armada and X-wing it would be difficult because of activation sequence. You would have to ignore move activations but how would you separate and attack activation from a dial or rouge activation. Then there is also turn length. Also disengagement, how would moving off the map work if you have grit or are engaged with heavy?

13 hours ago, RedSkull said:

Now I guess it would be Armada to X-wing and then to Legion

Would probably take a couple months to finish playing :lol:

Actually I think X-wing is best as a campaign to Imperial Assault because those games both have the neutral faction (come to think of it I need to get to work on making HotAC Scum AI algorithms a reality).

As for Armada I can see a joint Armada Legion campaign much like Corelain Conflict. But in the mean time there is a house rules of Star Wars Rebellion. Well maybe not exactly playing Rebellion but it could make a nice campaign map with pieces already included and what not.

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Actually I think X-wing is best as a campaign to Imperial Assault because those games both have the neutral faction (come to think of it I need to get to work on making HotAC Scum AI algorithms a reality).

As for Armada I can see a joint Armada Legion campaign much like Corelain Conflict. But in the mean time there is a house rules of Star Wars Rebellion. Well maybe not exactly playing Rebellion but it could make a nice campaign map with pieces already included and what not.

I could still see X-Wing, Armada, and Legion being used together in a Campaign like that. X-Wing, including Epic ships, could be used for skirmishes, raids, or scouting missions, while the game shifts to Armada for Fleet actions involving more or bigger ships. Love the concept, don't know that it would ever be practical to play it out though.

4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I could still see X-Wing, Armada, and Legion being used together in a Campaign like that. X-Wing, including Epic ships, could be used for skirmishes, raids, or scouting missions, while the game shifts to Armada for Fleet actions involving more or bigger ships. Love the concept, don't know that it would ever be practical to play it out though.

X-wing and Imperial assault seem to fit better as a narrative RPG campaign so I like to pair those games together as such. There is just so many pieces and options to customize your campaign experience.

Armada and Legion seem to fit more as a tactical strategy game. Both are small and development seems to focus on keeping both sides asymmetrically equal with their faction characteristics giving them both advantages and disadvantages. The playing field seems more level, so I like to pair those games together.