Showcase: M3-A Interceptor "Scyk"

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

5wg7h1i.jpg

0XRG0xa.jpg

KKzaLiV.jpg

On 5/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, Stay OT Leader said:

Front left is giving me major Boba Fett vibes, are any of the others inspired by any characters? Also these look great. Really well painted.

They’re the ESB bounty hunters!

s89Yra2.jpg
aRmGaSV.jpg

(I don’t have one of those for IG or 4-LOM as it wasn’t a design question, more a ‘paint rusty metal two different ways’ question)

15 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:
3 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

They’re the ESB bounty hunters!

s89Yra2.jpg
aRmGaSV.jpg

(I don’t have one of those for IG or 4-LOM as it wasn’t a design question, more a ‘paint rusty metal two different ways’ question)

Ha, brilliant idea. I see IG-88 is rear right, and 4-LOM is rear left now.

So I kinda hated this repaint from day one. I retouched it three times. Couple days ago, I threw my hands up and stripped it for a full restart. It's better. NOt as good as most of y'all, but definitely better. And I started trying to get the Cat's Paw Squadron logo on there.

First, the old repaint:

03y00iC.jpg

Now, the new paint:

psKAiri.jpg

I actually kind of like the old one more. With the black panels there it looked a bit like semi-previous stones I laid into it.

Sorry!

1 hour ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I actually kind of like the old one more. With the black panels there it looked a bit like semi-previous stones I laid into it.

Sorry!

Ha ha! *Now* you tell me. No, but really. To an extent, I did like the jewel-tone effect, and I've done it better on a couple other ships since then. There was just something about it that bugged the **** out of me. I don't know. And this one is by no means finished; it definitely needs a little something more, once I've developed more skill.

Hmmmm... I mean, generally speaking, and definitely not often with Scum, I'm not one for flash. But. Inlaid gems.... Black-bordered jewel tones. I might be able to do something with that on the Lancer. There's a ship that's stumped me for some time. Huh.

Stripped and repainted some of the recently acquired collection of a former player. Three more scyks then. Need to get all eight together now for a family portrait.

x0nmhFi.jpg

gKgn13d.jpg