The Galactic Civil War - Vassal Campaign

By Undeadguy, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

20 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

All good! I should have been able to see that at a glance, but man, I am not 100% mentally together this week.

@Visovics maybe would know about the imperial readiness.

Imps are ready to rock and roll!! Our moves have already been reported, so once Undead gets everything, I think we'll be good to proceed to Battle or Ressuply Phase depending on what happened

@rasproteus @CaribbeanNinja @BrobaFett @Visovics @MandalorianMoose @GhostofNobodyInParticular

So as you guys know, no combat this round. But I have got some questions already which is good.

1. RP will carry over.
  2. You will not know if your opponents find an exit, but you can deduce that if they move a fleet into a new sector.
  3. Since mining bases are destroyed if found, I'm thinking an enemy fleet will need to first find it, and then next round they can destroy it at the end of the combat phase. This will give the defenders 1 round to respond AND give the attacker a chance to reinforce.
  4. To encourage engagement and ramping up of fleets, you will be allowed to build 1 mine per round in your home sector without having a fleet presents. I know this may discourage building in the contested sector, but maybe someone will be bold and build 3 mines in a single round with the newly implemented mine destruction mechanic.

I'll let you guys make some new purchases it you want now that I've changed this, and I hope this adds some depth to the game. I'm currently thinking of a way to develop mining defenses, like Ion Cannon or Fighter Wing, which would unlock an increase in RP. This would eventually tie into Legion, but that's not within the scope of this game.

I'm open to your ideas as well.

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

@rasproteus @CaribbeanNinja @BrobaFett @Visovics @MandalorianMoose @GhostofNobodyInParticular

So as you guys know, no combat this round. But I have got some questions already which is good.

1. RP will carry over.
  2. You will not know if your opponents find an exit, but you can deduce that if they move a fleet into a new sector.
  3. Since mining bases are destroyed if found, I'm thinking an enemy fleet will need to first find it, and then next round they can destroy it at the end of the combat phase. This will give the defenders 1 round to respond AND give the attacker a chance to reinforce.
  4. To encourage engagement and ramping up of fleets, you will be allowed to build 1 mine per round in your home sector without having a fleet presents. I know this may discourage building in the contested sector, but maybe someone will be bold and build 3 mines in a single round with the newly implemented mine destruction mechanic.

I'll let you guys make some new purchases it you want now that I've changed this, and I hope this adds some depth to the game. I'm currently thinking of a way to develop mining defenses, like Ion Cannon or Fighter Wing, which would unlock an increase in RP. This would eventually tie into Legion, but that's not within the scope of this game.

I'm open to your ideas as well.

Can I move my new ships to rally with an existing fleet or do I have to "pick them up" at my shipyard?

8 minutes ago, rasproteus said:

Can I move my new ships to rally with an existing fleet or do I have to "pick them up" at my shipyard?

I think it’d have to be a 100 point fleet you make independently and then you can move to merge it with the other desired one, otherwise you have to pick it up

23 minutes ago, rasproteus said:

14 minutes ago, Visovics said:

I think it’d have to be a 100 point fleet you make independently and then you can move to merge it with the other desired one, otherwise you have to pick it up

After this first round, I actually think they should auto join like in normal CC. Having to move back to the shipyard to pick stuff up seems like a waste of time. So when you purchase something for fleet X, it's just available to you, and even command 2/3 ships will auto join when they are built. What do you guys think? Speeds it up and makes it less of a logistics nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

After this first round, I actually think they should auto join like in normal CC. Having to move back to the shipyard to pick stuff up seems like a waste of time. So when you purchase something for fleet X, it's just available to you, and even command 2/3 ships will auto join when they are built. What do you guys think? Speeds it up and makes it less of a logistics nightmare.

Second it

8 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Maybe crossing to a different sector could take an additional turn?

For those who want a visual, here the the current state of the map that BOTH sides know about.

Sector 2
Planet 1 Planet 2 Planet 3
Beta Alpha Imps Patrol 1
Planet 4 Planet 5 Planet 6
Planet 7 Planet 8 Planet 9
Planet 10 Planet 11 Planet 12
Planet 13 Planet 14

Sector 5
Infernum Maximum
KDF
Teremity
Audacity Shipyard
Planet 13 Planet 14

Sector 8
Campaign Fleet 2 Mine
Claw Fleet Scar Fleet
Planet 13 Planet 14

There are 2 games that need to be played. Rasproteus vs Ghost and Ninja vs Visovics.

I'm eager to hear the results since Rebels have a chance to get an early lead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

When do you have time for a game? Should be rather short, I would think.

On 03/01/2018 at 11:18 PM, Undeadguy said:

Errata

Interdictor

• An Interdictor equipped with G7-X Grav Well Projector gains the following, in addition to the normal effect:
    • During your activation, you may remove the Grav token and place it anywhere in the play area. This token cannot be moved except by you.
    • Any ship at range 2 of the Grav token cannot successfully retreat.

Dominator

• While attacking at close-long range, you may spend up to 2 shields from any of your hull zones to add that number of blue dice to your attack pool.

Gallant Haven

• While a friendly squadron is defending, reduce the total damage by 1 before defense tokens are spent to a minimum of 1.

Redemption

• When a friendly ship resolves a Repair command, it gains 1 additional engineering point.

Independence

• Squadrons you activate have +1 Speed. You cannot equip Fighter Coordination Teams.

Point-Defense Reroute

• While attacking a squadron, you may add 1 Crit icon to the damage total.

Rapid Launch Bays

• When you reveal a squadron command dial, you may place a number of squadrons equal to your squadron value within Range 2. These squadrons are unactivated. You may activate the squadrons you placed, or different squadrons.

Engine Techs

• Exhaust this card when you overlap a ship.

NK-7 Ion Cannon

• Blue Crit: While attacking you may exhaust this card and spend a Blue Crit icon to force the defender to discard 1 of his defense tokens.

High Capacity Ion Turbines

• 5 points
  • Normal card text.

Enhanced Armament

• 7 points
  • Normal card text.

Heavy Turbolaser Turrets

• While attacking a ship, add 1 damage to the total.
  • Only Medium and Large ships.

Rapid Reload

• 6 points
  • Normal card text.

Expanded Launchers

• 8 points
  • Normal card text.

Sensor Team

• While attacking, you may exhaust this card to change 1 die to an Acc.

Fire-Control Team

• You may not resolve multiple crit effects from the same Crit icon. Multiple Crit icons must be present.
  • Reverse the FFG FAQ ruling.
    • APT, XX-9, and the standard crit can stack.
      • An APT can give a face up card, and the first damage dealt will also deal a face up card.

Redundant Shields

• 5 points
  • Normal card text.

Cluster Bombs

• After a squadron performs an attack against you, even if you are destroyed, you may discard this card to roll 2 blue dice at each squadron, including friendly, at range 1. Each squadron suffers damage equal to the number of Hit and Crit icons rolled.

Friendly reminder y’all, there are some different card rules, try to not build something that turns out different in either cost or effect :D

Redacted per request of the ISB

Edited by MandalorianMoose

My mine is overlapped, but if he goes to destroy it i can move a fleet to prevent it right?

22 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

My mine is overlapped, but if he goes to destroy it i can move a fleet to prevent it right?

Yes, Moose will have to wait until the end of the next combat phase to destroy it, so you can move a fleet there at the start of the next round.

Woooooo! Gonna be a murderbath!

8 hours ago, rasproteus said:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular

When do you have time for a game? Should be rather short, I would think.

After 7 PM GMT on Friday or before that time on Saturday.

@CaribbeanNinja @MandalorianMoose @Visovics @rasproteus @BrobaFett @GhostofNobodyInParticular

How would you guys feel about a "stand by" option for a fleet that defends your investments?

So instead of moving during the move phase, you instead take "stand by" and after the fleet movements are revealed, you can choose to go defend a mine or shipyard. This allows for seamless engagement every round instead of this stutter step where you lose a round of movement and combat.

I also might bump the garrison to 200 points with standard fleet building rules. Large ships and 33% squads included, except for unique characters. This allows you to have 1 fleet on stand by and one exploring, but you can still muster a minimum of 400 points when defending a shipyard, which prolongs the early game and you'll need roughly 600 points to take down a station.

Works for me.

I like it.

And allowing Vis sort of retroactively declare one of his fleets as a defense fleet for the yard that is coming under attack this round?

Just now, BrobaFett said:

I like it.

And allowing Vis sort of retroactively declare one of his fleets as a defense fleet for the yard that is coming under attack this round?

I'd rather allow the 200 point garrison instead of Ninja getting stuck fighting whichever fleet moves AND 100 points AND the shipyard. 200 points plus the shipyard should be about equal, obviously an advantage on the defender, but that's why you can always hyperspace retreat.

Or, we can just call this round a wash and allow Ninja to retreat peacefully instead of retroactively changing the game. And there is still the issue of Moose finding a mine.

What would you guys want to do? I'd like to implement the rules as smoothly as possible, but I don't want someone to face an unexpected disadvantage.

I personally like the 200 point defender thing. Being able to also move in a fleet takes away from the risk of leaving your shipyard unprotected.

(Anyhow, I'll probably just scope and threaten so he can see my ships and cower in fear and retreat :) )

Ok I am good with that.

Just as long as @MandalorianMoose doesn't destroy my mine without me fighting him for it.

I do like the idea of a stand by option on the movement, and I’m fine keeping my fleets where they are and having 200 points of garrison (heck I was fine with 100, that station is a proper powerhouse with its 9 dice, so the 100 really punches above its weight)

Ok cool. So Ninja has Teremity assaulting Visovics shipyard which includes a 200 point garrison.

Moose and Broba will follow the mine assault rules for this round only. So during the next move phase, Broba is free to move to the mine and engage Moose, but Moose is also free to leave. If Moose wins during Roudn 3 combat phase, the mine is destroyed.

With those exceptions, the stand by fleet will be implemented starting next round, so you may choose to do that with a fleet. The fleet designated to stand by can be on any planet in the sector and gets a free move to a planet you own that is under attack WITHIN the same sector.

I feel like this will create a fair system that allows the attacker to double up on a target, and the defender will likely have 1 fleet on stand by which will allow both sides to continue to be aggressive, while also allowing a chance to defend.

I also hope ghost likes this rule change since he is the only one that has not responded :P