The Galactic Civil War - Vassal Campaign

By Undeadguy, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

On 1/15/2018 at 4:05 PM, Undeadguy said:

Here's the spread sheet for the map.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xjYdMk36XVLCZzcvgSXCB1EB82rZDpk1CofkGZAtsXs/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if there is any sharing issues.

Here is the map.

You and I @MandalorianMoose are in the same sector, which I think means we fight each other first round unless you want to spend your movement hyperspacing away to another sector.

Edited by BrobaFett

Word. I prefer a straight fight than all this sneaking around

Which of our fleets do we use?

1 minute ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Which of our fleets do we use?

Both start in the contested system’s shipyard, you move both, and if one of them goes to same planet as Broba’s the one that went there fights the one Broba had moved there

So @MandalorianMoose we both have a shipyard and 2 fleets in sector 8, and a shipyard in our home sector 7 and 9 (you and I respectively). So we need to pick a planet for our two fleets in sector 8 to move to, where we will either fight each other, or be given the opportunity to build some infrastructure on to generate more resources.

So we move our fleets as a unit? So will it be our two fleets vs our two fleets if we end up on the same planet? Can I just not move and blow you up now? Crush this insignificant rebellion right off the bat?

9 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

So we move our fleets as a unit? So will it be our two fleets vs our two fleets if we end up on the same planet? Can I just not move and blow you up now? Crush this insignificant rebellion right off the bat?

Well you don't know where Broba is currently. But you can move your fleets independently of each other. So you can move one to planet 5 in sector 8, and planet 14 in sector 8. If Broba happens to move to the same planet, you will end up fighting. If not, you will skip the combat phase and move into the purchase and resupply phase, building your fleets for next round.

This should make the rounds go very quickly, since you are not forced to play a game every round. You will also know where Broba moves his fleets, since I will be reporting that to you, but you will not know the fleet composition.

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

Well you don't know where Broba is currently. But you can move your fleets independently of each other. So you can move one to planet 5 in sector 8, and planet 14 in sector 8. If Broba happens to move to the same planet, you will end up fighting. If not, you will skip the combat phase and move into the purchase and resupply phase, building your fleets for next round.

This should make the rounds go very quickly, since you are not forced to play a game every round. You will also know where Broba moves his fleets, since I will be reporting that to you, but you will not know the fleet composition.

Are us common peasants allowed to give advice?

Just a refresher since fleets are moving around.

1. If you enter combat, your upgrades are hidden until you use them, except for titles.
  2. I'm changing the cost for Mining Bases to 10RP, and they still generate 10RP. This allows for quicker turn arounds on your investment, and incentivizes infrastructure.
  3. If an enemy fleet finds a mining base and it is unprotected, it will be destroyed. I'm thinking for future additions, you can upgrade the base to unlock the base defense objectives.
  4. There are 2 hidden sector exits. I will tell you if you find one. Once on an exits, you can move to ANY planet in the adjacent sectors. And each sector has 4 adjacent sectors, so that's 48 planets you can pick from.
  5. Any information you uncover is essentially open knowledge. You may discuss it with your teammates.
Edited by Undeadguy
3 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Are us common peasants allowed to give advice?

What kind of advice lol

I see nothing wrong with people discussing the game, but not in a way that exploits a loop hole. I want the game to have a successful play through so everything feels right, and I'm already aware of some potential issues, like all going to the same sector with 1200 points and wiping shipyards out.

Just now, Undeadguy said:

What kind of advice lol

I see nothing wrong with people discussing the game, but not in a way that exploits a loop hole. I want the game to have a successful play through so everything feels right, and I'm already aware of some potential issues, like all going to the same sector with 1200 points and wiping shipyards out.

Advice such as, list building (not exploiting), fleet movements etc

Just now, Jabby said:

Advice such as, list building (not exploiting), fleet movements etc

Yea that's fine. I wasn't going to have fleet movements posted here, since it's easier to PM the teams instead. But what they say about fleet movements here is up to them.

Just now, Undeadguy said:

Yea that's fine. I wasn't going to have fleet movements posted here, since it's easier to PM the teams instead. But what they say about fleet movements here is up to them.

I assume you will anounce fleet combats and their results here?

Just a heads up - the map spreadsheet has only six sectors.

Additional pylons sectors are required.

I was just doing some quick list building and I realised how hard it is to make a decent fleet put of 200 pts. Are you thinking of bumping that up?

Edited by Jabby

I figured they were all carbon copies of each other... additionally, maybe lay all the sectors out in their grid on one big spreadsheet, that way you can just color a box where each persons fleet is each round, just red for Imps Blue for Rebs would be enough so we could see in like.... 1989 graphic quality .... where our factions are at a glance.

Just now, Jabby said:

I was just doing some quick list building and I realised how hard it is to make a decent fleet put of 200 pts. Are you thinking of bumping that up?

There is no fleet cap, you just have to build ships turn by turn slowly using resources.

Just now, BrobaFett said:

There is no fleet cap, you just have to build ships turn by turn slowly using resources.

I understand that its just a restrictive starting point

12 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Just build a 400-point fleet and split it in half ;) You can always put them back together turn 1.

4 minutes ago, Jabby said:

That's the point haha, I personally love it and HOPE that @MandalorianMoose ends up in the same square as me rd 1 so we get some 200pt dice throwing in today.

25 minutes ago, rasproteus said:

Just a heads up - the map spreadsheet has only six sectors.

Additional pylons sectors are required.

Ha I did make that when we had 4 players... Copy/paste another 3 sectors would work.

20 minutes ago, Jabby said:

22 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Yea it's just to start. 2 200 point fleets, but the commander doesn't count. You can combine them first round, but then you only have 1 fleet to try and find your opponent.

@Undeadguy Has everyone got their moves in so we can see if we have any combat rd 1 or we are into rd 2?

Edited by BrobaFett
17 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

@Undeadguy Has everyone got their moves in so we can see if we have any combat rd 1 or we are into rd 2?

I haven't. Sorry.

Just now, rasproteus said:

I haven't. Sorry.

All good! I should have been able to see that at a glance, but man, I am not 100% mentally together this week.

@Visovics maybe would know about the imperial readiness.