Spade Squadron Redux OOC

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@sterf hello

I'll get an IC up skipping sterf, I just have a few things to take care of first.

I'll get my IC up by tonight.

Hold on.

Edited by Samuel Richard

@Samuel Richard

I'm a little curious how you "pull ahead of Spade 1" seeing as it takes both maneuvers to reach the beacon.

@Rakaydos well I spent two strain to get the extra maneuver which allows me too use an action. I'm just roleplaying my character in that he would want to be the center of attention and would strain himself to do so. If you don't want that I can always redo the post.

The issue is that, without a certian talent, the ship you're flying just doesnt go that fast. You can only take two maneuvers per round, even if you strain for an action as well.

The commander took the high performance fighter and stuck you in the slow lumbering bomber. As will be made more clear when we start to actually fly the nebula.

I'll have a post up sometime today.

@Samuel Richard @Vergence @Rabobankrider @satkaz @Edgehawk

Post is up. if you're going to pull ahead nows your chance, but it's risky. If you slow to speed 2, it's less dice you're rolling, but you have to roll twice (two maneuvers) to move one band.

13 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Post is up. if you're going to pull ahead nows your chance, but it's risky. If you slow to speed 2, it's less dice you're rolling, but you have to roll twice (two maneuvers) to move one band.

Do you have to perform the same piloting check again if you succeed the first time at speed 4 (1st maneuver) for the 2nd maneuver or does the check count for both maneuvers the same round (one check for 2x maneuvers per round)?

Edited by Vergence
14 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Question, if I take it down a notch to Speed 3, would that mean the same as getting into Speed 2, i.e. rolling twice to move one band?

2 hours ago, Vergence said:

Do you have to perform the same piloting check again if you succeed the first time at speed 4 (1st maneuver) for the 2nd maneuver or does the check count for both maneuvers the same round (one check for 2x maneuvers per round)?

Same check again, except your astromech only assisted you for one check.

43 minutes ago, satkaz said:

Question, if I take it down a notch to Speed 3, would that mean the same as getting into Speed 2, i.e. rolling twice to move one band?

yes.

Just now, Rakaydos said:

yes.

Alright, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Same check again, except your astromech only assisted you for one check.

For future posts, if you fail your first try on the piloting maneuver, does that mean you can attempt it again for your 2nd maneuver or no only one chance such as the example?

9 minutes ago, Vergence said:

For future posts, if you fail your first try on the piloting maneuver, does that mean you can attempt it again for your 2nd maneuver or no only one chance such as the example?

Yeah.. the rolling for a maneuver kinda threw me.. not used to rolling more than once in a turn. Is that a thing, using this modified system?

You still perform the maneuver, but suffer the terrain during the maneuver if you fail the check.

@Rakaydos I am sorry to say this but do to unforeseen complications,I do not have the time too keep up with this game. I know it sounds crazy but I have some crazy things happening to my life. I'll maybe hop in on a later date but until then Charlie cannot be played for a bit.

I'll get my post sorted soon, sorry for the delay.

5 hours ago, Samuel Richard said:

@Rakaydos I am sorry to say this but do to unforeseen complications,I do not have the time too keep up with this game. I know it sounds crazy but I have some crazy things happening to my life. I'll maybe hop in on a later date but until then Charlie cannot be played for a bit.

It's play by post, I was expecting a certian level of attrition.

Guys, I'm really sorry about this but I think I need to drop out as well :/ I think I've overstretched myself on the site at the minute with the different stuff I've got going on. Sorry again.

Last roll had 3 threat on me. Is threat going to be determined by you, @Rakaydos , or can the players have a say in what the threat means?

What suggestions do you have?

3 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

What suggestions do you have?

Hmm, going by Stay on Target...how about Walter suffering a disorienting flash of light, just as a piece of debris is about to his Y-Wing?

That would mean upgrading my check by 1 while having to make another Piloting check to dodge out of the way using the difficulty we've been having so far, with failing being a minor collision? Seems like a fun challenge for going fast.

Another suggestion is me suffering a energy discharge, giving me 2 system strain and realizing the controls are not as responsive as before, giving me another setback for the next check?

Edited by satkaz