Spade Squadron Redux OOC

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

And we're all starting at Extreme, right?

Did my IC post not adequately explain the situation?

"

Range bands: Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 ) Long4 ) Extreme

Beacon 1 is at Long 1, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Extreme range, and also at long range from each other.

"

Edited by Rakaydos
6 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Did my IC post not adequately explain the situation?

"

Range bands: Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 ) Long4 ) Extreme

Beacon 1 is at Long 1, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Extreme range, and also at long range from each other.

"

Thought everyone started where extreme was, for some reason.

Oh dammit. I screwed up and everyone is copying my screwup.

Everyone roll one purple die for the strain recovery. The Ywing has a System Strain threshold of 10, so if you're at 6 strain or more, it's 2 purples to take care of, and if you're disabled (entirely over your threshold, 11 strain or more) it's 3 purples.

strain repair difficulty : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

Everyone roll one purple die for the strain recovery. The Ywing has a System Strain threshold of 10, so if you're at 6 strain or more, it's 2 purples to take care of, and if you're disabled (entirely over your threshold, 11 strain or more) it's 3 purples.

d-th.png

Welp. Got it.

11 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

d-th.png

I figured it was something new like the range bands. I added in the difficulty now.

Mechanical Question: Does acceleration speeds not act as maneuver but incidental? The pilot can set the starfighter at speed 4 and make 2x Fly/Drive maneuvers in one round without suffering strain to perform a 3rd maneuver? If so, does that mean the pilot can Fly/Drive 2x for maneuvers (two range bands if at speed 4) and the co-pilot can perform a action (mechanics) plus, a fly/drive maneuver too (moving the craft total 3x range bands at speed 4) in one round?

@Rakaydos

Since I have a rank in Shortcut can I make checks to get there faster? (roleplaying the Hotshot

4 hours ago, Vergence said:

I figured it was something new like the range bands. I added in the difficulty now.

Mechanical Question: Does acceleration speeds not act as maneuver but incidental? The pilot can set the starfighter at speed 4 and make 2x Fly/Drive maneuvers in one round without suffering strain to perform a 3rd maneuver? If so, does that mean the pilot can Fly/Drive 2x for maneuvers (two range bands if at speed 4) and the co-pilot can perform a action (mechanics) plus, a fly/drive maneuver too (moving the craft total 3x range bands at speed 4) in one round?

Technically, Norton's rules would allow you to do that. Was thinking about doing that, too. But that's @Rakaydos call and it makes sense not to want to speed past the squadron leader.

I'll sort all my post and roll stuff for this tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, satkaz said:

Technically, Norton's rules would allow you to do that. Was thinking about doing that, too. But that's @Rakaydos call and it makes sense not to want to speed past the squadron leader.

Fly/Drive is a Pilot Only maneuver- if your astromech isnt flying, he cant take the fly action.

4 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Fly/Drive is a Pilot Only maneuver- if your astromech isnt flying, he cant take the fly action.

You're right. Thanks for that clarification.

And thinking about it, if you just sped up, you would be lagging behind the squadron leader by a range band.

1st maneuver: change speed to 1, have to spend another maneuver to get from engaged to short

Turn an action into a second maneuver: change speed to 2, now on short range, while the squadron leader is now at medium.

This is all using Norton's rules, of course.

Sorry, just to check, do I need to roll for the the flight maneuver or just for strain?

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry, just to check, do I need to roll for the the flight maneuver or just for strain?

Just if you want to perform a mechanics check to heal strain for ‘punching it’. We are using Norton’s Rule Set so the maneuvers are a little different.

There is still a Boost die up for grabs, for the next PC rolling a check (from my astromech's Advantage).

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

There is still a Boost die up for grabs, for the next PC rolling a check (from my astromech's Advantage).

R3-D0 has a party boost dice as well available.

So going to speed 4 makes 4 strain right? Just trying to get my head around the different rules.

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

So going to speed 4 makes 4 strain right? Just trying to get my head around the different rules.

No problem. It’s now based off the silhouette (3) under the link’s fly/drive.

I might have overstrained the Xwing, too.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, Vergence said:

R3-D0 has a party boost dice as well available.

Can I take that please?

28 minutes ago, Samuel Richard said:

Can I take that please?

I think they are first come, first served. Help yourself. At present, there are 2 Boosts available.

28 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I think they are first come, first served. Help yourself. At present, there are 2 Boosts available.

Since I went first (before Caleb), if you want R3-D0’s boost for the mechanics check to heal strain. That would still leave a boost for whatever the hotshot needs it for.

Just emote R3-D0 perhaps telling Scout what he did to solve the strain ‘problem’.

Shouldn't we roll initiative to determine the order we move?

25 minutes ago, Samuel Richard said:

Shouldn't we roll initiative to determine the order we move?

Usually, that's only if combat's about to happen, so I don't think we need it right now.

Using this system, PC slots are typically interchangeable, even in structured time. This is particularly useful in pbp format, allowing participants to act when they have a chance to post.

@Sterf your up Squadron Leader :D