Showcase: Scurrg H-6 Bomber

By Bullox, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

I've not been a fan of the 2.0 Scurrg. So I decided to experiment with stained glass dazzle camo for my Cat's Paw Squadron. It's sloppy, and washed out, but it looks okay. From a distance.

v56iyTj.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005

Could you make a photo from a bit of a distance? I would like to see how it turns out.

For now... this is not my cup of tea. Out of curiousity, any reason as to why you created this particular paintjob?

On 7/27/2020 at 12:55 AM, Noosart said:

Could you make a photo from a bit of a distance? I would like to see how it turns out.

For now... this is not my cup of tea. Out of curiousity, any reason as to why you created this particular paintjob?

Heh. It's not really my cup of tea, either. Check out my other repaints. But like I said, I don't particularly care for this ship - either its physical design or its performance in 2.0. So it's the perfect canvas for trying an experiment. Somewhere around here (maybe on the Lancer thread???), someone did a dazzle camo paintjob that somehow tickled my fancy. And I have a bunch of very old paints that when put on in thin coats over a silver or white base produce a lovely jewel-tone effect. But I wanted to border the the panels, more like stained glass than classic dazzle camo. Et, viola. As an experiment, it's...a step in the right direction. Even as little as I like the ship, and as quick and sloppy as the paintjob is, I'm...okay with it. It tells me that this is something I might try, much more carefully, with a Lancer that I otherwise don't know quite how to approach. Maybe. And I will absolutely get another picture up, from a distance, perhaps with other ships for contrast. The ship in situ, as it were.

VBCpwGQ.jpg

@Noosart , here's Nym facing off against Maul. Nym definitely came out on top in this exchange. And then there's Nym surrounded by his support Goons - although there's some weird shadows on this one:

N32ijR0.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005