8nEUuj6.jpg

30CCm8t.jpg

Needs some engine glow...

More from my Black Sun Cartel fleet.

myXQpV9.jpg

gl55B6d.jpg

5 hours ago, Vindicare101 said:

More from my Black Sun Cartel fleet.

Just one point of feedback - might you pick out the panel lines in the grey section? - that area looks just a little flat compared to the great detailing on the rest of the model.

JxI5ePm.jpg

based on nym’s scum art (did the best I could with what I had)

My Kath Scarlett Scurrg ;)

ofCT4sp.jpg

With the original ride :

ShCHUky.jpg

Surprised that there is no Havoc yet:

1TCW9K.jpg

g4HZM4.jpg

xAbMpz.jpg

vKUk33.jpg

2 minutes ago, IAmRhyn said:

Surprised that there is no Havoc yet:

1TCW9K.jpg

g4HZM4.jpg

xAbMpz.jpg

vKUk33.jpg

18 hours ago, DeathstarII said:

JxI5ePm.jpg

based on nym’s scum art (did the best I could with what I had)

On 12/15/2017 at 3:35 PM, Force Majeure said:

I borrowed this paint scheme:

8nEUuj6.jpg

30CCm8t.jpg

Needs some engine glow...

The original...

c7xx2Un.jpg

C84x8FU.jpg

ZfVPhm2.jpg

Edited by FalconLugnut
corrected picture links

One of my four Scurrgs (they're all basically identical).

SHEVuCW.jpg

jDTsggm.jpg

The engine glow was airbrushed - coincidentally that's about the level of detail my **** revell aibrush and compressor kit can handle outside of priming. :P

I used Vallejo's Model Color Deep Sky Blue with a bit of white mixed in and thinned it with their airbrush thinner. That color mix is crazy bright - point a camera flash at it and it lights up!

KPIdpmd.jpg

Note to self: dust your x-wing shelf

Edited by Polda

There are my current Scurrg projects:

Vw8k7zH.jpg

74kpBRd.jpg

You are killing it, sir!

LEDs, all self-contained within the model:

2yzghbi.jpg

onxa7lH.jpg JP9xhCS.jpg

I did this the day my FLGS got the Scurrg in house - I am now looking at doing a second one (after making it a Nym repaint) and will be using fiber optics to get even the little thrusters on either side of the engine block to light up -- will post when done! :)

Edited by ZealuxMyr

Havoc. With Scurrg LED engines 2.0 :)

Egycsll.jpg

Bbe3vwF.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang! Sweet ride.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, Polda said:

One of my four Scurrgs (they're all basically identical).

SHEVuCW.jpg

jDTsggm.jpg

The engine glow was airbrushed - coincidentally that's about the level of detail my **** revell aibrush and compressor kit can handle outside of priming. :P

I used Vallejo's Model Color Deep Sky Blue with a bit of white mixed in and thinned it with their airbrush thinner. That color mix is crazy bright - point a camera flash at it and it lights up!

KPIdpmd.jpg

Note to self: dust your x-wing shelf

This is amazing! I love the fades and the overall color scheme. Very nice!

Captain Nym now has a wingman: Sol Sixxa Repaint & LED Modification

0a3xqUG.jpg IzshvsG.jpg

On 2018-02-04 at 4:10 AM, ZealuxMyr said:

Havoc. With Scurrg LED engines 2.0 :)

Nice!

Which kind of battery? Reed switch, or how is it activated?

Or are the jet engines just plugged in and you pull them out to switch on/off in the hulls inner workings and them put them back in?

Did you take any pics while work was progressing, like how to split open the Scurrg? If yes, please post them in the dissassembling thread . Thanks!

I have taken apart 4 Scurrgs and completely failed to take any pictures of prying them apart - you start at the wing tips and, 4 for 4, it's super easy.

A single LED (3mm) is wedged into each main engine port, a loop of fiber optic cable (0.75mm) runs from the back of the LED to the opposite side's thruster. Turning on and off requires adding or removing a single CR1616 3v battery. I took the time with my first Scurrg to build a good mounting bracket for the battery but, due to the lack of space in the Scurrg, it's not the best and often takes several attempts to get the battery placed correctly so the LEDs are powered. My latest design (2.0, with the Fiber Optics) actually just uses the spurs on the LEDs themselves as the housing for the CR1616. I have had zero burnouts to date and, when one occurs, replacing the LED is far easier than building mounting housings for the batteries within the confines of the Scurrg body.

I did, in all cases, have to grind down the plastic bits around the bottom peg insert and upper peg insert for the back end of the turret. After grinding I applied a dose of MEK to ensure all plastic bits were truly bound together. I have experiences no breakage or falling apart around these plastic "welds."

The Bombing Wing is Complete

lHfpPjv.jpg 8AIDwEJ.jpg tZdQN7l.jpg

sr892Ap.jpg

NHQFpgS.jpg

For those of you that have done a repaint in the havoc paint scheme. How are you getting the darker color down in the crevices? It seems like a wash would darken up the white color too much. Are you base coating in a black/dark gray and then going over that in the white? Or is a wash the way to go?