Conspiracy Time

By Tetsuhiko, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

1 hour ago, LordBlunt said:

Best.

Post.

Ever! (well, for this week)

Finally pulls things together for me. :D

I knew FFG couldn’t be trusted with the L5R brand... and now we have proof! ?

I'm worried for Zesu Shadaban, to be honest; now that ZS's on to them, it won't be long before men in black suits wearing sunglasses at night show up at their house looking for them.

I'm already planning on leaving the country; I'm typing this from a library computer, and I've already booked four different flights to four different countries to throw off my trail; I hope ZS does them same.

Edited by Mangod

You poor fools. No matter where you run, they'll find you...

On 12/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, Tetsuhiko said:

Do not stop yourself because it is far-fetched or because there are more credible theories. This is a thread for fun

Hold my beer.

Who Killed Doji Satsume?

descarga.jpg.7b5527cc3012eb3ec4ed089356b37706.jpg

What happened with the Water Kami?

Who are the sons and daughters of Heavens?

Kolat

Meishodo

The Shadowlands

New Stars

Real World

@987654321 How about aliens?

2 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

@987654321 How about aliens?

Huh, gret idea, didn't occur to me!

Yeah but which kind of aliens?

3 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Yeah but which kind of aliens?

45200b517c48ee589e43ce4c1a384680.jpg

Aliens with lasers that turn humans into bunnies?

Lol

Man it's been ages since I read that comic

To be fair... the Kami were some kind of non-human beings (although with human appearance) with strange powers, that fell from the sky...

How different is that from an alien?

I'm not getting into the "Are gods considered aliens?" debate.

1 hour ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I'm not getting into the "Are gods considered aliens?" debate.

Opposed to the Naga, who pretty clearly are.

They came to Ningen-Do in the form of a giant stone which fell from the Celestial Heavens, after being carved out of the stomach of the Moon by the Sun. They originally all had golden skin, and emerged from the stone in shards, until they made war on each other for their differences, and were given the Akasha to keep them from killing each other. They also mutate and adapt to unique geography which surrounds them, becoming physically distinct and changing into the Nigyo, the Salamanders, and the Nagah of the Ivory Kingdoms.

Nota bene, we now have an answer on what caused the tsunami...

7 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Nota bene, we now have an answer on what caused the tsunami...

Shhh... I haven’t read the Novella yet

4 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Shhh... I haven’t read the Novella yet

Have you not read the first chapter of it included in the Phoenix clan pack? Because it's revealed there...

1 hour ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

Have you not read the first chapter of it included in the Phoenix clan pack? Because it's revealed there...

Nope. I wanted to read the novella in English, and I bought the pack in Spanish. So I never read it. Man, it is hard having to wait for FFG’s deliver, while having that first chapter at the reach of my arm.

But luckily it’ll arrive today or tomorrow.

I follow the story but am not going to buy the game nor the novellas. May someone be so kind to post whatever happened to the water kami in a spoilee window? Thank you.

1 hour ago, 987654321 said:

I follow the story but am not going to buy the game nor the novellas. May someone be so kind to post whatever happened to the water kami in a spoilee window? Thank you.

If you follow the story you really should get the novella. It was awesome. I couiput the book down and was sad when I ran out. I usually roll my eyes through Phoenix stuff, if I bother to read them.

You can also buy the ebook version of the novella, it was on sale last week for 4 or 5$. Same store that also provides the free story ebooks for FFG.

17 minutes ago, ichaos1985 said:

You can also buy the ebook version of the novella, it was on sale last week for 4 or 5$. Same store that also provides the free story ebooks for FFG.

Wait, what?

I was looking for the ebook version but couldn’t find it, so I ordered the physical copy.

Which store is that?

This one, DriveThruFiction . It is still on sale there. I hope it is ok to post the link.

Edited by ichaos1985
9 minutes ago, ichaos1985 said:

This one, DriveThruFiction . It is still on sale there. I hope it is ok to post the link.

Should be. It is an official storefront, after all.

If you follow the story but not the card game you should definitely read the book. It was great. Definitely worth the 4$ bucks for the digital version if you don't care about the promo cards in the physical edition. It's still there and still on sale along with all the other FFG fictions including the Arkham Horror novellas which are really hard to find in print since they sell out all most immediately.

Also the first compilation of the short fictions from the core cycle is up. It's called First Scroll and it's free.

What happened with the water kami? A: Nothing, it was no accident

this is all part of a devious Phoenix scheme to gain possession of a portion of Crane's land!

The former Water master purposefully directed the Kami towards some of the most fertile and valuable crops, submerging them and rendering the place inhabitable for all lifeforms except amphybious one .

having lost a considrable source of agricultural income it'd make sense for the emperor to offer the Phoenix full controll over the territory in order to either "restore the elemental imbalance" or otherwise order and supervise their Ningyo vassals into converting,through ancient magic, the land into a fruitable alternative.

Edited by mirrorcat

New Theory

The emperor's abdication is just a ploy to buy time.

The edict was entirely written by Akodo Toturi (as far as we know Hantei did not even sign it himself) therefore it can be legally rescinded in the future by the still reigning Hantei.

The emperor sharply perceived the lack of respect and mutinous feeling of his close aids and decided to fake his abdication in order to adress his declining health condition.

He is likely to travel South to partecipate in heretic rituals and forbidden experiments that will grant him an immortal body and an extensive defree of power.

After rising as the new Lord of the shadowlands he will then proceed to reclaim his rightful position as absolute emperor of Rokugan

#DarkEmperor

8 minutes ago, mirrorcat said:

New Theory

The emperor's abdication is just a ploy to buy time.

The edict was entirely written by Akodo Toturi (as far as we know Hantei did not even sign it himself) therefore it can be legally rescinded in the future by the still reigning Hantei.

The emperor sharply perceived the lack of respect and mutinous feeling of his close aids and decided to fake his abdication in order to adress his declining health condition.

He is likely to travel South to partecipate in heretic rituals and forbidden experiments that will grant him an immortal body and an extensive defree of power.

After rising as the new Lord of the shadowlands he will then proceed to reclaim his rightful position as absolute emperor of Rokugan

#DarkEmperor

Or... he's deliberately abdicating, knowing it'll start a civil war of succession that will see the office of Emperor discredited, just as his fellow Masters had intended.

#EmperorIsKolat