Conspiracy Time

By Tetsuhiko, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Removed*

I think Fu Leng is ultimately behind all of the bad things which are happening.

Or maybe it's something to do with the Void- only the Phoenix tend to really muck around with that, and in the old lore, let's not forget who Kaede's mother was- Doji Ninube. And her father became the Nameless One. If the Void and the Lying Darkness have been... let's say kitbashed in the new lore, instead of just whipping the LD out after Fu Leng's death left the setting needing a Big Bad, then a disturbance in the Void is very much a possibility. And the Void around the Phoneix going haywire would almost certainly get the kami worked up.

My latest actual guess about the mess with the kami

The 2 new stars in the sky herald the stirring of Cthulhu from his restless dreams on R’lyeh, who will soon be manifested. The Shadowlands are obviously a manifestation of Leng, that’s where Fu gets his name, and they need to seize the capital to prepare for the return of the Great Old One.

16 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

Ah, so FFG is going to be the next Disney acquisition. Gotcha.

Or is Asmodee going to acquire Disney first? Time will tell...

First post edited.

I also added my own predicitons about the new stars and doctored some to make them even sillier. Enjoy

Here is a question that could be the root of conspiracy theories: Why would Bayushi Shoju need someone close to him, like the commander of his house guard, to be ready to kill him?

21 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

Here is a question that could be the root of conspiracy theories: Why would Bayushi Shoju need someone close to him, like the commander of his house guard, to be ready to kill him?

To deal with those pesky Shosuro Actors trying to steal his credit rating obviously

1 hour ago, HirumaShigure said:

Loyalty has always been the highest virtue aspired to by the Scorpion. This manifests as doing exactly what they are ordered to. Someone who is willing to try to kill you when ordered, will be willing to kill anyone else that you want dead, and more besides.

As before, there is only one close enough to immortality that has witnessed these things and know all the truth to the intricate web of lies and conspiracy in the empire. No its not Togashi nor Fu Leng...its *drumroll*...

the Ageless Crone !!!

I'm just expanding a crazy theory, based on nothing whatsoever:

The two stars are new children of Heaven. They crash down and declare the Hantei Dynasty is no longer fit to rule, and they will instead. There is a power struggle between the Hantei, the new son of Heaven and the new Daugther of Heaven that degenerates into complete civil war. Who wins between the son and the daugther is decided by tournament result. The emperor and Sotorii are killed, but Daisetsu is allowed to live and form his own Great Clan since his ancestor is a kami too.

Spider Clan is born, with a leader dedicated to take back his place on the throne.

Nah, Y’all are way off. I got it from a “reliable source” the stars represent the return of the Boar clan. They were in fact the ones who killed the previous Emerald Champion in an attempt to avoid taxation. The Boar are also keeping the jade themselves to show the crab up to earn their position in the empire. Little do they know that this new Boar clan are in fact Nezumi in trench coats standing on each other shoulders!!! (Also note: all the bad stuff going on with the weather are being caused by methane emissions from all the Unicorn horses in an attempt to add a political slant into L5R)

Edited by Spawnod
11 hours ago, Spawnod said:

Nah, Y’all are way off. I got it from a “reliable source” the stars represent the return of the Boar clan. They were in fact the ones who killed the previous Emerald Champion in an attempt to avoid taxation. The Boar are also keeping the jade themselves to show the crab up to earn their position in the empire. Little do they know that this new Boar clan are in fact Nezumi in trench coats standing on each other shoulders!!! (Also note: all the bad stuff going on with the weather are being caused by carbon emissions from all the Unicorn horses in an attempt to add a political slant into L5R)

You mean methane emissions

7 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

You mean methane emissions

Oops your right. Gotta fix that.

21 hours ago, Spawnod said:

Oops your right. Gotta fix that.

Unless, of course, they ALSO release far more CO2

than most living things do.... and THEY just don't want us to know that.

When will the Unicorn start building luxury resorts in the middle of the land in anticipation of the new coast line?

On 12/16/2017 at 4:10 AM, Tabris2k said:

I’m just leaving this here...

The mastermind behind it all?

Fu Leng = Fu mio

Coincidence? I think not!

1E3SGVB.png

I’m just picturing Daisetsu, in a dark room, seated in an armchair with Fumio in his lap , a-la-Bond villain.

That ability's perfect for this character.

Fumio: (Sees Hotaru's Fine Naginata lying on the countertop)

Hotaru: "Fumio!"

Fumio: (Raises paw)

Hotaru: "DON'T YOU DARE, FUMIO!"

Fuimo: (Stares at Hotaru for a heartbeat)

Fumio: (Swats Naginata onto the floor)

Double post!

Edited by Mandalore525
Derp

TRIPLE POST!!!!

Edited by Mandalore525
Derp
On 12/15/2017 at 0:59 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

Peter Baelish is behind all if it.

Sansa put an end to his reign of terror.

Sansa is a high-ranking member of the Kolat. I can’t expand on this any further at this point in time. :D

I was the turkey all along!

On 1/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, BCumming said:

I was the turkey all along!

https://youtu.be/iUNFhR3LaLI?t=345

Another week with no news. FFG is really holding off until the rpg core book is finalized for a quick dump pdf cash grab before announcing the L5R IP is being retired and there's no new cards or support coming for the game. Instead they're going to cannibalize the system for a new IP, Legend of the Nibelung Rings. It's to coincide with the secret neo-nazi agenda that led to the questionable new alt -rightesque chant and the obvious whitewashing of Asian characters in the artwork. It all ties back to the Nazi Lizardmen living in the hollow center of the earth, preparing to bring the Third Reich back into the light of day under the control of LichFuehrer GodHitler, the resurrected cyborg Adolf Hitler.

13 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Another week with no news. FFG is really holding off until the rpg core book is finalized for a quick dump pdf cash grab before announcing the L5R IP is being retired and there's no new cards or support coming for the game. Instead they're going to cannibalize the system for a new IP, Legend of the Nibelung Rings. It's to coincide with the secret neo-nazi agenda that led to the questionable new alt -rightesque chant and the obvious whitewashing of Asian characters in the artwork. It all ties back to the Nazi Lizardmen living in the hollow center of the earth, preparing to bring the Third Reich back into the light of day under the control of LichFuehrer GodHitler, the resurrected cyborg Adolf Hitler.

Only for the whole edifice to come crumbling down when this conspiracy collides with the MechaHitler-led Illuminati-plot to put black helicopters in our drinking water.

What happened to the good old days when we were all just living in the Matrix?

21 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Best.

Post.

Ever! (well, for this week)

Finally pulls things together for me. :D

I knew FFG couldn’t be trusted with the L5R brand... and now we have proof! ?