Arkham Horror Premium Figures

By Haunster, in General Discussion

The line of Arkham figures are shown on the Fantasy Flight website, but they have been listed as unavailable for over two years. Any insights when the figures will be available again? I have some but not all of the figures and am concerned that FF may discontinue them.

2 minutes ago, Haunster said:

Any insights when the figures will be available again?

As far as I know: Never.

I do wish these were available. Even unpainted, the character figures would add to the game. Don't really care about the monsters, particularly as duplicates of most of the common critters tend to pop up.

6 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

As far as I know: Never.

Well...that would be disappointing. I just don't understand it either given that FF is heavily invested in their large lineup of Arkham Files games with three of them ranked in the top 50 of BGG's ranking system. The figures can be used in all of the games, so I would expect that they would be profitable for FF.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:57 PM, DeadManStomp said:

I do wish these were available. Even unpainted, the character figures would add to the game.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:59 PM, Haunster said:

The figures can be used in all of the games, so I would expect that they would be profitable for FF.

Unpainted figures are included in Mansions of Madness.
If you compare the prices of the "premium" figures and Mansions of Madness game you'll realize that by buying MoM you were getting the same figures cheaper with a free game attached.
The difference is that the MoM figures are unpainted. But then, many miniature enthusiasts prefer to paint the figures by themselves.
Those are some of the reasons why the Arkham Horror Premium Figures were a failure. A few months ago FFG got rid of the figures still left in stock in a huge sale. Think about it: FFG still had some of those figures in stock even thought they weren't restocked for years. This is just a proof how unpopular those were. MoM was their nail in the coffin - it's just more viable in almost all cases.

Edited by tsuma534

The painting quality on these models is shockingly bad! I'm sure FFG were quite dismayed when they received them and see them as a bit of an embarrassment against their usual high quality products! Best to remove the "premium" versions and pretend they never existed.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:03 AM, tsuma534 said:

... This is just a proof how unpopular those were. MoM was their nail in the coffin - it's just more viable in almost all cases.

MoM I was when the figures were manufactured. The painting (premium figures) were bad as @Rumplestiltskin666 said. MoM I was a great game, if you could carve out the time to run it.

MoM II is a fantastic game. The quality of the MoM I and Premium figures were below average. The MoM II figures of much higher quality. Take for example, Akachi (before, after):

ah36_main.png mad23_akachi_onyele.png

I too desire figures for all of my games. Here's hoping we see more MoM II at the very least.