What heros are you playing thru the app with?

By jconway2002, in Legends of the Alliance

Just curious to see who everyone is using? Ive only played the tutorial so far, and used Diala and Vinto. Who do you think thematically would make a good team?

Vinto, Gideon, Gaarkhan and Drokkata. "Let the wookiee S win. I pitty the stormtroopers ;)

As for your second question, I don't know yet if they go along very well, but so far so good. Gideon is well known to be a powerful hero. Vinto will become deadlier as the campaign will progress. Gaarkhan is our melee damage dealer and Drokkata can spread damage with his blast which should be good against officers and Royal guards who tend to stick close to friendly figures.

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

Biv, Loku, Ko-tun, diala. we are playing on hard, we have won two missions.

for pure curiosity, can u use any character u want ?

31 minutes ago, gmcc said:

for pure curiosity, can u use any character u want ?

You can play with any heroes.

Chose characters based on who has the best paint job in my collection. Disaster. Vinto, Onar, Gideon, & MHD-19. My fault for not paying mind to all the upgrades solo. Think I'll go for only two heroes next time.

Can anyone speak to the difference in difficulty for number of characters? For instance, if I just wanted to play with my wife, would we be fine to just use two characters? Would that make it easier, or harder than using a full four?

Is Gideon still a powerful hero in a 2 hero campaign, of does he really need there to be 4 heros to be effective?

20 minutes ago, sionnach19 said:

Can anyone speak to the difference in difficulty for number of characters? For instance, if I just wanted to play with my wife, would we be fine to just use two characters? Would that make it easier, or harder than using a full four?

I'm not sure if the app adjusts its spawns/difficulty depending on the number of the heroes.

At the end of the day: 4 Rebel heroes = 4 Activations, 2 Rebel heroes = 4 activations.

Regardless, I'd personally stick with 2 heroes. Might be difficult trying to keep up with all the abilities.

1 hero each: 6 abilities to consider by the last mission (2 character abilities + 4 class cards)

2 heroes each: 12 abilities to consider by the last mission (4 character abilities + 8 class cards)

Edited by Armandhammer

I'm using Gideon, Fenn, Vinto and Shyla.

My first playthrough was on Hard using Fenn, Mak, Vinto and Onar. I wanted to put the app through it's paces and see it how it did against 2 S-Class heroes. The app didn't disappoint, but using allies in every mission, I was able to win them all pretty confidently, although I certainly had plenty of Wounded Heroes.

Now I'm going through it again with Ko-Tun, Loku, Drokkatta and Davith and it's a much different story. I was able to barely win the first mission, and got completely slaughtered in the 2nd mission in the cantina as I decided to challenge myself by not bringing an ally. 3 of my heroes (and 2 prisoners) were withdrawn before the 4th was finally wounded, ouch. However now I'm halfway through the 3rd mission, and my heroes are starting to mesh much better as they all have very good 2xp abilities (Dig In is an amazing ability against these Imperial hordes combined with Ko-Tun's native defense tokens).

Edited by Tvboy

I used Fenn, Dalia, Verna and MDH-19. I found that not being able to save up for the four xp talents made Verna and MDH-19 play differently to what I have seen in the normal campaign.

MDH-19 in particular was affected as there is no way to heal him in the app as it is now and not having bacta radiator until the last mission meant he was not really pulling his weight for the majority of the campaign. He was more useful on Wrench skill check than anything else. I think there was one mission where he was not wounded or withdrawn. I'm not going to be in a hurry to use him in an app campaign again.

With Verna student of battles recover 2 serge was quite useful, which I would never use in the campaign. The party composition combined with the Polearm being the only good weapon draw of the campaign led her to get point blank shot which didn't mesh ideally with student of battle, but having the disruptor pistol with tac display for the last three missions meant she was still pretty effective.

Dalia played the hybrid support role that she often does. Talents went Force Adapt>Battle Meditation>Art of Movement>Way of the Sarlac. Art of movement over force throw was a close call and the 4 xp pick was pretty easy with the Polearm as her weapon.

Fenn was a bit more effective than he is in the early missions of a long campaign as he is effectively gaining lower tier talents on the way to getting Rebel Elite. He seemed to be targeted a bit more than the other rebels and was quite close to withdrawing on a couple of occasions.

13 hours ago, a1bert said:

You can play with any heroes.

any ?? i mean u cant play with vader or palpatine for example, or u can?

Darth Vader is not a hero in the game. Heroes are the rebel characters that have hero sheets.

I don't think Vader is called a hero even in the Star Wars lore. :)

Vinto, Drokkata, Mak, Jyn :) - it's fun

I went for a random selection of the ones I had painted and ended up with Biv, Garkhaan, Diala and Onar. We're a very "in your face" team.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Darth Vader is not a hero in the game. Heroes are the rebel characters that have hero sheets.

I don't think Vader is called a hero even in the Star Wars lore. :)

Tell that to Kylo Ren ;)

I have several campaigns thus far, none beyond Mission 2. The one I'm the most excited about is Hard Mode:

Jyn, Gideon, Mak, Shyla

Jyn and Mak are the ranged damage dealers while Shyla is going to play our tank and Gideon the support player.

Mission 1 spoiler:

Both Jyn and Gideon were Withdrawn mission 1 and Mak was Wounded. That is probably because we ignored Stormtroopers and tried to kill Vader, even though it says you can't defeat him, it still has the DEFEAT button by his portrait in the app and we were curious! Plus thematically we felt our heroes were brave enough to try and kill the Dark Lord if they had the chance. Well, when you click DEFEAT it simply says "cannot be defeated", we thought maybe we would wound him or something. Oh well! Mission 2 looks to be tough. We are pretty squishy with the highest HP player being 12hp.

Edited by Conviction

I'm running MHD, Diala, Vinto, and Loku. I was midway though the first mission and realized how awful my strength tests are. I'm great on insight and tech though.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:44 PM, jconway2002 said:

Is Gideon still a powerful hero in a 2 hero campaign, of does he really need there to be 4 heros to be effective?

Speaking from the original (non-app) campaign format perspective it would very much depend on his teammate. With the app it might be too soon to say.

Made it through the campaign on "Normal" with MHD, Diala, Verna, and Loku.

Daila with a Force Pike and Sarlac ability is crazy good.

Looking forward to the "Hard" setting.

Edited by RangerRob24

Gideon and MHD on regular difficulty.

3-1 currently. Lost the first mission. Learned a great deal from that mission and adjusted accordingly. Having to run them both as primary attackers has been interesting and I’m looking forward to trying out the final mission.

Gideon, Loku, Shyla, and Gaarkhan.

We are getting by alright on hard mode though we have some wounded allies attempting to beat the boss on Mission 4.

5 minutes ago, FSD said:

Gideon and MHD on regular difficulty.

3-1 currently. Lost the first mission. Learned a great deal from that mission and adjusted accordingly. Having to run them both as primary attackers has been interesting and I’m looking forward to trying out the final mission.

Wow, sounds like you were really trying to give yourself a challenge. Hopefully you pull Chewie as your final ally.

I played a full normal campaign with

• Loku
  • MHD-19
  • Onar
  • Fenn

I didn't really strategize too much and barely made it out in the last mission. Balance felt good. Onar and MDH being able to recover damage reliably helped me quite a lote.

I just started another normal campaign that I am streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/boardwars.eu. I did limit the collection to the core box which meant I am running:

• Gaarkahn
  • Fenn
  • Mak
  • Gideon

I think Gideon isn't as strong in the app and could be replaced by Jyn or Diala. But the other 3 are certainly very good for the campaign. Especially Gaarkahn's ability to recover damage as well as Mak's Covert ability. I won the first mission pretty handily I'd say. Mission 2 will hopefully be sometime on the weekend.