Showcase: Kihraxz

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

It's the ship that only a few can spell correctly: the Kihraxz !

Recently improved thanks to the Guns for Hire expansion, the Kihraxz is now seeing more table time than ever.

Post your pics!

Back to the Showcase Index

Here are a few of mine:

vRs1O8e.jpg

DwcK4ia.jpg

and this little guy got a light dusting of silver to help bring out some detail

hvrYhQ2.jpg

23863550990_745417639a_c.jpg

That's a sweet ride!

22 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Not a huge fan of the color scheme here, but what did you use to make it a Vaksai?

Dirtied this up a bit since the last time I posted it. Opportunity to fix the links, eh?

4UJdMnz.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005
fix links...again
5 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

Not a huge fan of the color scheme here, but what did you use to make it a Vaksai ?

Regarding the paint job, I just thought I'd try something different. I might strip it this winter break and have another go.

How I made it was simply by chopping up a regular Kihraxz up. I made a vertical cut at the tip of the nose, chopping it straight off. Then made a cut underneath the cockpit glass, followed by cutting straight down behind where the window meets the fuselage. I then shaved off the hump on the spine that looks like an intake and moved it forward. I hollowed out the nose enough to re-attach the tip of the nose in there and finally glued on some fins cut from an old membership card (credit card works too). Oh, and there's a chunk on the belly of the ship just in front of the peg that can be removed if you pull it (the ship) all apart that I left off. Here are some more pics that should help illustrate this:

aHh4i0Q.jpg

67wbewD.jpg

NwnfwdK.jpg

97qYX6g.jpg

Great looking ships Guys !

I do love this ship, the way it looks and what it can do on the table......even better now with the Scum Aces :D

U0Quxh.jpg

y79pjt.jpg

Talonbane Cobra.......with a King Cobra Motif on his ship.

OC89vo.jpg

ojSWsa.jpg

gotta get around to finishing that cockpit someday.. and regret trying to freehand the number.

bcbPJhgnUIsSFtldcVsnCWArTEmx8UVJ4tqFJ4Xe

JYxN29X.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 4:00 PM, Kleeg005 said:

25152122_1384792861646568_45872006100056

Still just a bit too...shiny...for my tastes. But I'm getting her there.

try nuln oil, itll dull and darken. then you can use your original colors over the nuln oil wash to brighten highlights to taste.

looks great already though!

On 12/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, ZealuxMyr said:

IKS Somraw & Runabout Rio Grande inspired repaints/minor modifications:

fZwJtDQ.jpg

Hey @ZealuxMyr ,

How easy was it to remove the engine nacelles for your Somraw? I’ve been working it back and forth and I can hear some crackling but it’s being really stuborn. Will it eventually break off cleanly or did you do something different. I’m worried about things breaking in unintended ways.

15 minutes ago, Bullox said:

Hey @ZealuxMyr ,

How easy was it to remove the engine nacelles for your Somraw? I’ve been working it back and forth and I can hear some crackling but it’s being really stuborn. Will it eventually break off cleanly or did you do something different. I’m worried about things breaking in unintended ways.

That piece is simply glued, don't worry. Just pull it off gently. I removed one of them unwittingly after put the ship in alcohol for blow off the paint. It is safe.

Pair of Kihraxz repaints with kinda subtle engine mod. I moved the engine nacelles in toward the body.

Vn1onRF.jpg

PmGUh89.jpg

7HaYPh7.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Bullox said:

Hey @ZealuxMyr ,

They're lightly glued in, pop off really easily. Just put a finger on each end and wiggle back and forth. :) Happy modding!

My Cpt Jo(u)stero

yuftMWNl.jpg

Here's mine, Viktor Hel flying Vaksai. The cockpit was moved to the correct Vaksai position and the nose got a cone from a 1/144 fighter jet kit (F/A-18 perhaps), which also provided the Harpoon missile. I put canards on the cone to resemble Vectored Thrusters, so he's nearly WYSIWYG in my tournament list. The colour scheme is sort of a personal livery, and the tournament list ships for this year sport also blue&white "invasion stripes" to show some Finnish colours in the international tournamens. ;)

IMG_0054.jpg

Edited by Niinivaara
On 14.02.2018 at 12:58 PM, Managarmr said:

My Cpt Jo(u)stero

yuftMWNl.jpg

Probably based o mine:

WnA6dEJ.png

Wing symbols. Wing symbols.

Crap camera, but this is 95% done.

Why do all Vaskais have the cockpit in that area?

-DD

1 hour ago, Darth Drago said:

Why do all Vaskais have the cockpit in that area?

-DD

Because that's where the cockpit is on the Vaksai variant from Star Wars Galaxies where the ship originates from.

Ahh. I've been looking and I am not able to find pictures besides the ones here, but now I think I have to make one.... :)

-DD

Edited by Darth Drago