Showcase: VT-49 Decimator

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hidey ho, all. The showcase is back, but with me at the helm for the moment. I've seen a number of awesome Decimators in the painting & mods forum, but it is time to collect them together. Sadly this is a ship I don't have yet.

Post your customized ships here!

One of the beefiest large base ships available (12 hull + 4 shields), Primary Weapon turret, 3 crew and both torpedo and bomb slots, the Decimator is not an opponent to be taken lightly.

Back to the Showcase Index

Edited by Force Majeure

You rule!

jj9RXmIl.png

n9epSJtl.jpg

The Vanquisher | VT-49 Decimator Upgraded Weapons Platform & Enhanced Sensor Matrix

TCEzWZt.jpg 0gqeS6z.jpg

7 hours ago, ZealuxMyr said:

The Vanquisher | VT-49 Decimator Upgraded Weapons Platform & Enhanced Sensor Matrix

TCEzWZt.jpg 0gqeS6z.jpg

Want Need

8 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Want Need

+1

F/O Decimator

LPqJaRo.jpg HUfKODp.jpg 6VzvyZU.jpg d9pF8lv.jpg

That is crazy awesome! Beautiful.

Decimator with Imperial Blue accents.

GmNMUJ5.jpg

This one is magnetized.

Uc7ZMij.jpg

SOSmYTX.jpg

aiFa25M.jpg

nrBmCM0.jpg

fy1LGCw.jpg

I need to get some glossy paint for the windows on my Deci before I post it here. Any recommendations?

39 minutes ago, william1134 said:

I need to get some glossy paint for the windows on my Deci before I post it here. Any recommendations?

Any brush on minis gloss would do - I used the Revell one.

Seeing as it is called a Decimator, I decided to weaponise mine with a nice fat turret and some torpedo launchers. I think the basic ship is quite ugly; it reminds me of a greyhound's head. I got rid of the long strip of windows, which serves to focus attention more on the front of the ship, and also makes it a bit more military-looking.

DSC04188.JPG

DSC04183.JPG

DSC04189.JPG

Edited by Rossetti1828

Daala's Revenge:

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=149112855

full?lightbox=1&update=1491128550

On 12/15/2017 at 2:29 PM, Bullox said:

Decimator with Imperial Blue accents.

GmNMUJ5.jpg

This one is magnetized.

Uc7ZMij.jpg

This reminds me of Galactic Battlegrounds! Nice little repaint

On 3/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, Rossetti1828 said:

Seeing as it is called a Decimator, I decided to weaponise mine with a nice fat turret and some torpedo launchers. I think the basic ship is quite ugly; it reminds me of a greyhound's head. I got rid of the long strip of windows, which serves to focus attention more on the front of the ship, and also makes it a bit more military-looking.

DSC04188.JPG

DSC04183.JPG

DSC04189.JPG

I love how you modified the command deck area to make it more of a hard target for Rebel scum. The attachments and paint scheme just flow together to form a completed model. Excellent work!

Edited by Jaffamaster
48 minutes ago, Jaffamaster said:

I love how you modified the command deck area to make it more of a hard target for Rebel scum. The attachments and paint scheme just flow together to form a completed model. Excellent work!

Hey thank you. This is actually my first attempt at modelling/conversion work since I stopped playing 40K about 25 years ago, and I'm pleased with the results too. I haven't bought many of the ships outside of those from the OT + Rogue One, but I really want to fly Oicunn in peoples' faces so I want him to look mean!

oh ****, that makes a whole lot of difference!

so simple, did you scrape off the window edges of just fill in?

Should have another, it's nice ship to paint.

P1000015.jpg

P1000016.jpg

On 3/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, Ghosthacked said:

so simple, did you scrape off the window edges of just fill in?

I first cut down the window edges a little with a scalpel, and then finished off with fine sandpaper to get a smooth effect.

Just lit the Decimator. I just need to get some putty to seal up the gaps. This ship has many hull breaches and was not meant to seal light. jUs6D4E.jpg D3p0dFE.jpg LWpoPLK.jpg uhDiuGP.jpg vzkERW9.jpg okNXqIY.jpg

10 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Just lit the Decimator. I just need to get some putty to seal up the gaps. This ship has many hull breaches and was not meant to seal light. jUs6D4E.jpg D3p0dFE.jpg LWpoPLK.jpg uhDiuGP.jpg vzkERW9.jpg okNXqIY.jpg

Have you thought of adding the 1/250 aircraft carrier people to this? I think that’s something not a lot of people do and on your lower lit windows I think that would make an excellent addition!

On 15/03/2018 at 4:49 AM, Rossetti1828 said:

I first cut down the window edges a little with a scalpel, and then finished off with fine sandpaper to get a smooth effect.

good job. its so much less distracting like its trying to be a fighter.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, Rossetti1828 said:

DSC04188.JPG

DSC04183.JPG

DSC04189.JPG

that is simply awesome. i hate how much the decimator model reminds me of the robocop dog from darkwing duck(i think?), and your model make makes it look like a real warmachine. its such an amazing ship but that vizor style windshield hurts me. good work!

My full rusty Decimaror:

ZV0h7aK.jpg

On 3/19/2018 at 6:53 AM, dunarispace said:

My full rusty Decimaror:

Nice - looks like it's been flying around in a pretty hostile atmosphere!