Showcase Index:

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Is there a pointer, on how someone can upload photos?

Here's what I do:

1. Get a free imgur account (imgur.com)
  2. upload your pictures there:
    - click on your username in the top right, then click onto "images" then click on the green "add images" button.
  3. You should have thumbnail images of the pics you've uploaded. Click on the one you want to post on the x-wing page. A window similar to this with your pic should pop up:
    DIis8xa.jpg
  4. Click the blue "Copy" button next to where it says "BBCode (message boards & forums)" then paste that text into the body of your message. Do that for each picture you want to post.

Once you hit "Submit Reply" in your forum post, the text will magically be replaced by your images, as though the Force itself has willed it into existence.

Hope that helps!

Many thank yous..

14 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Click the blue "Copy" button next to where it says "BBCode (message boards & forums)" then paste that text into the body of your message. Do that for each picture you want to post.

Huh. I've been using "Direct Link." I wonder what is the difference?

4 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

Huh. I've been using "Direct Link." I wonder what is the difference?

No idea. But if that works too, then that's all that matters.

The forum auto-converts "Direct Links" into BBCode when you paste them into your post (on most browsers/dependent on what you block/allow in your settings too). BBCode is just pseudo-webcode that tells the browser to display an image rather than text.

When you paste your "Direct Links" you should see a black box appear below (above bar that houses the "submit reply" button) that tells you the site auto-converted, unless you've told it to stop telling you every single time you post...

In short, both *should* work the same for the purposes of Imgur --> FFG Forum Post.