APP OUT ON PLAY STORE

By Mantis731, in Legends of the Alliance

Christmas came a little earlier than I expected! Going to the game store tonight to try it out with my bro and some friends! Super pumped!

I had a Windows Phone for years, and just recently got an Android phone specifically so I could use this app. I am so happy right now!

First screw-up of the new app... Retroactively applying a rule to the stickers that wasn't there before and limiting the options of differentiating the figures in the app. It's not like I can just remove the stickers from all the figures and shift them around to match their idea, without ruining the stickers. :(

So now what must I do?

11 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

So now what must I do?

Paint the figures, and make a suitable color-mapping between the app colors and the base colors like the rest of us. ;)

Like grey means grey base, pink/magenta means a white base, and blue means light brown/sand (and red is red).

Edited by a1bert
36 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

First screw-up of the new app... Retroactively applying a rule to the stickers that wasn't there before and limiting the options of differentiating the figures in the app. It's not like I can just remove the stickers from all the figures and shift them around to match their idea, without ruining the stickers. :(

So now what must I do?

Yeah, that was kinda frustrating for me at first, but I think I got it figured out.

Most units have only two groups- regular and elite.

Or, at least I've painted them that way (such as with the case of Weequays, for example).

For those that don't (like stormtroopers) I've still differentiated the groups by colored shoulderpads.

I haven't done this with officers- I'll just have to keep track of the number sticker and what color I associate with it when we have two rOfficers in play.

Thanks guys! I’ll get this going when I can sort the sketchy charge port on my tablet or I comes out on iOS.

5 hours ago, Mantis731 said:

but, but...... I editted my topic with the link T.T

I came like mere seconds before you edited xD

The app starts, and then remains loading forever...

Anyone with the same problem?

My phone is too old and no way to download to a PC or laptop!!!

I wasn't sure where to post my AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAH!!!! So I just threw it in this thread.

I think my son and I might co-op and crush my Imperial iPad to smithereens tonight!!! :D

gran arco: I have the same problem on my Galaxy View

Can’t get from Japan App Store :( Hope that changes soon...

It doesn't seem like I am able to put this on my Kindle, just my phone... am I missing something?

6 hours ago, ugavine said:

My phone is too old and no way to download to a PC or laptop!!!

You can run Android apps on a PC with emulators like Nox or Bluestacks. Steam says it will be out on Monday.

Edited by Union
7 hours ago, totalnoob said:

I wasn't sure where to post my AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAH!!!! So I just threw it in this thread.

Welcome, you're gladly invited

10 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah, that was kinda frustrating for me at first, but I think I got it figured out.

Most units have only two groups- regular and elite.

Or, at least I've painted them that way (such as with the case of Weequays, for example).

For those that don't (like stormtroopers) I've still differentiated the groups by colored shoulderpads.

I haven't done this with officers- I'll just have to keep track of the number sticker and what color I associate with it when we have two rOfficers in play.

The thing is I don't want to paint my figures, at least not at the moment. I've already put the stickers on all of them, and for example, my officers are black 4, 5 and 6. My Stormtroopers are Red 1, 2, 3 and, I think, 13 (the ones that came in the figure pack). The original rules said nothing about using the stickers in any particular way.

It doesn't seem to be available in Sweden yet, can't find it in Google Play even by checking all the apps developed by FFG, and the link above gives an error message. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!?? :(

PD: I'm not dramatic at all.

Edit: Steam says available on December 4th.

Edited by Juan4aigle
5 hours ago, neosmagus said:

The thing is I don't want to paint my figures, at least not at the moment. I've already put the stickers on all of them, and for example, my officers are black 4, 5 and 6. My Stormtroopers are Red 1, 2, 3 and, I think, 13 (the ones that came in the figure pack). The original rules said nothing about using the stickers in any particular way.

Actually An awesome alternative I’ve found are colored rings you can slide the piece bases into. The Conan miniature game had em

14 hours ago, ccedestate said:

gran arco: I have the same problem on my Galaxy View

Solved. Just reset the smartphone :D

But.. but.. how is this possible? So many people claimed that FFG could never make a digital Star Wars product.. and obviously they would have very informed and well researched facts to base that statement on.. :rolleyes:

Long live the app! Long live all of us who were right!!

11 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

But.. but.. how is this possible? So many people claimed that FFG could never make a digital Star Wars product.. and obviously they would have very informed and well researched facts to base that statement on.. :rolleyes:

Long live the app! Long live all of us who were right!!

I think that's an oversimplification of the discussions that we're going on at the time...

i for one didn't doubt that they could do it, but simply that there may have been licensing issues that had to be sorted out first...

Is the app the something that has replay value? Or is it a one and done type thing?

If you using an Android Tablet, I'd hold off on downloading and installing it.... it gets stuck on the Starting screen, just hangs. Numerous reports on this on the play store. Seems to work on phones, which is probably what they tested against.